TJ09

2017-12-18 - Holiday Event Schedule

11 minutes ago, Alrexwolf said:

There are a few kinks to be worked out, but if the releases continue on for the years to come, I'm sure they'll get smoother and smoother.

This brings a thought to mind, something that I think we should all try to understand: This is a completely new mechanic that TJ has introduced this holiday season. Before this Halloween we've *never* had a holiday CB re-release, and since Christmas dragons have limits it's not going to be the same as it was on Halloween. So of course there are kinks and issues and problems and things that may change down the line. There is absolutely no way for TJ to know exactly how this would go ahead of time, since this is a completely new thing (unless he can predict the future, which I'm fairly sure he can't!). There is a definite learning curve when introducing a new mechanic to a game, and if the holiday biome reappears in future holidays I'm sure things will become smoother.

If I had a nickel for every release I've helped with that didn't go smoothly I could retire. It's one thing to test something out in a controlled environment, it's entirely different to take it out of that use case and thrust it into the wild with end users. Hitches like this is how things improve, we spot flaws and problems that would not have come up otherwise. I'm glad our feedback is already being taken into account not just for future releases, but this one. 

TJ, your feedback is appreciated.

holiday events i'm so happy for this!

special bioma? i'm curious of to discover which dragon generate a special bioma

Thank you TJ for giving us the Holiday biome. What a generous gift. I am having fun catching the ones I missed. 😊

Edited by BatPopsicle
Typo

7 minutes ago, sakurakid said:

holiday events i'm so happy for this!

special bioma? i'm curious of to discover which dragon generate a special bioma

There is a Holiday Biome on the hunting page.  It has all the past CB Holiday dragons

1 hour ago, Fireyprincess1 said:

Does anyone have any idea what the event could be?

The last two years we had the little game. Maybe it's that? I din't think I was ever able to complete anything with it the first time and the second time I didn't do it. Kinda sucks I just didn't have time last year.

Just now, sakurakid said:

@Imzadiwhere find the hunting page?

Where all the biomes are...click cave and it is on the far right, before volcano

Thank you to whoever suggested incognito in Chrome.  CTRL+SHIFT+N and I got my second Holly on the very next drop. I got the first on my mobile phone yesterday, along with two Yulebucks, but have been struggling ever since to get that last one.  So I am one less person stalking the cave now.

Good luck to everyone else still hunting and if you are using Chrome I definitely recommend incognito.  

I finally got my two Yulebucks using ctrl+r. Now I just need a second holly and everything should be good. The internet is quicker at my workplace (when it works) so maybe I can try it there or later tonight.

Ah it wouldn't be the holidays on DC without some form of drama. Never change, DC, never change. Lol

I'm actually cool with limits for this year but I'd really like to see them raised or done away with entirely next year. Because hoarding. And I'm not ashamed to admit it. :p

Edited by dothefreddy

I was about to start hunting for my second holly earlier (as someone had graciously given me my first...you know who you are <3) and, while waiting for the lag spike to stop, came to check here and noticed i had another message. Clicked on it and it was yet another lovely user handing little ole me a holly! (You also know who you are Xd) So im out of the biome now :3 Hope everyone gets whatever they need and now im just eagerly awaiting the new xmases and the main event so to speak XD

Edited by Vampyre

21 minutes ago, Imzadi said:

Where all the biomes are...click cave and it is on the far right, before volcano

thank you!

how hard is it to find the alternative version of the ribbon dancer and the wrapping wing ones??

edit: oh i guess i misunderstood it! oops

Edited by Wei55

Just now, Wei55 said:

how hard is it to find the alternative version of the ribbon dancer and the wrapping wing ones??

There are no alternative versions. Only spriters have alts.

1 minute ago, Wei55 said:

There are no alternate versions. If you are talking about the spriter alts, then you can't get them.

2 minutes ago, Wei55 said:

Alternative version? Do you mean like the alt dragons of those kind?  If so you can't get them but there's always the chance of getting an offspring (as rare as that is) but the offspring will be normal variations. 

Edited by DarknessDragon197

I'm very happy to know that my eggs weren't attacked. Luckily I usually wait until they're ready to hatch to put them in hatcheries. I'm so lucky..I know..and I put in a lot of time to catch my 2 CB Hollies : (

I can try to help others after I am no longer egg locked if anyone still needs help!

I'm very grateful that the Holiday biome came back.  It took a long time, and a lot of patience, but I got the 2 CB Holly and 1 CB Snow Angel I wanted for my scroll.  Having the limits enforced actually made it easier for me to hunt, as I didn't have to stop and wait to release the eggs I didn't want.  I just merrily ctrl+click/ctrl+r until the eggs disappeared during the drops.  Yes, sometimes they stopped moving for a minute or two, but I never saw the biome sit through multiple 5-min releases.

9 hours ago, KiraLwolf said:

:( My entire first batch are dead. Another THREE eggs just died on me. I've hidden them all but somehow they just keep dying.... They were at the last stage of hatching even...

Change yr password, and take yr name off yr scroll. These may help--I hope so.

Thank you, TJ and event coordinators - I'm thrilled that we get the chance to get the CBs we missed!

For the sake of discussion, because the decision is ultimately TJs, I don't think raising the limits of CBs is the answer. I like that the Holiday event has a limit so that everyone has more of a chance to get the holiday eggs. Raising that limit wouldn't solve anything, and getting rid of the limit would not only be against the holiday spirit but would make things harder for people who don't have the rarer types of eggs. A better idea would be making the ratios of egg drops so that the oldest eggs that a lot of people are missing drop most, while the new eggs from 2016 and 2015 drop the least. But that's just my guess.

I have faith that TJ will try and be fair to as many people as possible. I just hope my reflexes will be quick enough to get those Hollies & Yulebucks I'm missing (and 1 Ribbon)

Edited by Twimm
spelling errors

Thanks TJ for making past holidays available again, it's great to finally have a shot at CB Hollies (and also the second Yule I was missing). Thankfully it doesn't seem nearly as stressful as it could have been, I don't have much free time these days but caught everything I needed pretty fast. Even got a second Holly today during a short break from work, on mobile, with a bad connection. It's been easier than catching lineaged Hollies in the AP the previous years which is a relief. I was starting to wonder if the drop rates favoured them already, especially yesterday it seemed like I was seeing more Hollies than some other breeds.

On a less pleasant note, I hope everyone keeps a close eye on their eggs with all the viewbombings going on...I've even had eggs with less than 5 days left get sick. 

I also want to say that I have straight talk.. And a mobile.. And I got 3 CB hollies.  The first one took me a bit to get but the 2 after that were both within 10 minutes..  I say 3 because I got one for my neice. 

I have an easier time catching on mobile than computer.  All I do is pull down to refresh with my non dominant hand and keep my finger over either the middle or far right and just click every refresh whether I see a Holly or not.. And if it's not I instantly go back and do it again every 5 minutes. That way you click no matter what and don't have to wait that split second to see the word holy. 

Edit:

I know the biome has slowed down but keep refreshing.. As soon as you see the eggs changing start clicking the far right egg! 

Edited by Tearadria