TJ09

2017-12-18 - Holiday Event Schedule

18 minutes ago, Silverswift said:

Perhaps one thing that would help would BE to REMOVE the limits on CBs? So that those that would like to hoard certain breeds actually could?

That's been discussed to death in suggestions already.

The goal here is to help people who missed out on the original releases. Removing limits is directly counter to that goal because it specifically means people who *were* around can now also compete for those same eggs.

2 minutes ago, Silverswift said:

Perhaps one thing that would help would BE to REMOVE the limits on CBs? So that those that would like to hoard certain breeds actually could?

i dont' think that'd help with the people that want blockers to move so they can get hollies =P because a ton more people will suddenly be clicking on hollies becuase they could have as many as they wanted, making it even harder for those that don't have them to get htem

It is true t... I mean... even with the exampleVampyre used of the video game... sometimes the stores DON'T get in enough copies to make everyone happy.

13 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Nothing has been completely blocked yet and we don't know that he doesn't have a plan.

This. Unless everyone who is commenting had a hand in coding/planning/implementing the holiday biome, there's really no point in attacking how it is right now. You can politely suggest that ratios might need to be looked at (as I did in the cave feedback thread), but you can't just assume it's borked and TJ just said "Have at it, DC." I'm not always fond of how TJ does things, but acting as if it's impending Snowmageddon and no one will be able to get their holidays is a bit much. It's day two of the event, many people are locked, and it's a weekday. People are probably going about their non-DC lives and may not have time to have the biome move as quickly as you may want. You have five more days after today to try for whatever you are missing.  There are a whole lot of players on DC, so while you may think that there are 99% of people that have all of the "holiday blockers," this is probably not the case.  I'm very happy there is a two dragon limit because it means that more people can try for eggs that they missed. And even if they were unlimited, things would slow down as people reached their scroll limits. 

Edit: Just seeing TJ's comment now, but yeah. He's been nice enough to adjust things accordingly and will continue to do so to make it so everyone benefits. 

Edited by Jazeki

To be honest, I am glad for the opportunity to get anything I have missed that was my fault to begin with. What with forgetting, not logging in, etc. TJ you are doing an awesome job! And please don't let this ruin any chance of this possibly coming back for Valentines!

Event is awesome either way. No one of us ever dreamed to get all the missed CB Holidays, and here we are! It's a wonderful idea. And I already see that there are less and less people in the biome. There were 200 hunters there yesterday; hardly 100 now.

4 minutes ago, TJ09 said:

Sure, the current distribution is clearly not where it should be to create a stress-free holiday environment. No, it's not equal. No, it's also not possible to predict the exact numbers that will match demand (it's possible to get close, but real world demand consistently smashes all assumptions). Yes, it will be tweaked.

(Emphasis mine.)

Thank you TJ!  :) 

I already got the CBs I wanted, but I really hope everybody else will be able to get theirs, too.

This is AMAZING! Catching up on the event after some busy days. Thanks to TJ for bringing in the Holiday Biome, SO stoked to get a chance at the CB classic holiday dragons!!! <3 One of the reasons I love DC - fun gameplay, relaxed (at least for me lol), and really cool new content. Hope everyone has a great holiday season! :D 

Edited by panthera1

2 minutes ago, Fireyprincess1 said:

Does anyone have any idea what the event could be?

I hope the holiday RPG comes back again, those games always brought a huge smile for me during the holidays. Especially the one where we got to decorate our own houses, but they're both pretty grand to me <3 

14 minutes ago, TJ09 said:

Your entire complaint hinges on an assumption that you provide no evidence for ("equal ratios") and then you make conclusive statements as if you have proven something without a real basis in fact.

Sure, the current distribution is clearly not where it should be to create a stress-free holiday environment. No, it's not equal. No, it's also not possible to predict the exact numbers that will match demand (it's possible to get close, but real world demand consistently smashes all assumptions). Yes, it will be tweaked.

Thank you for being so concise and giving us all a ray of hope TJ. I was merely assuming the ratios were skewed relatively equal because, except for holidays and yules, everything seemed to appear at about the same frequency. I just figured me being on mobile with not very good internet was causing me to miss seeing the rarer eggs as they were being snapped up before i could back out of the "this egg is no longer here yada yada" message you get when someone is quicker XD

(I also wanted to give you the benifit of the doubt and not assume you were a terrible person who skewed it so the older stuff was rarer)

Nice to know ratios are being tweeked :3 I look forward to seeing if this improves my luck <3

Thank you TJ for the chance to get the yulebuck and two hollies I didn't have. The holiday biome is a lovely gift. After all the clicking I did I sat there stunned when I realised I'd caught my first CB holly. :nyan:

Edited by Wiz

2 minutes ago, Vampyre said:

Thank you for being so concise and giving us all a ray of hope TJ. I was merely assuming the ratios were skewed relatively equal because, except for holidays and yules, everything seemed to appear at about the same frequency. I just figured me being on mobile with not very good internet was causing me to miss seeing the rarer eggs as they were being snapped up before i could back out of the "this egg is no longer here yada yada" message you get when someone is quicker XD

(I also wanted to give you the benifit of the doubt and not assume you were a terrible person who skewed it so the older stuff was rarer)

Nice to know ratios are being tweeked :3 I look forward to seeing if this improves my luck <3

Yes... thank you for explaining your reasoning.I admit, you are probably right about MOREpeoplegoing for MORE hollies IF limits were removed,NOW that I stop to think about it.

More thanks for TJ allowing us to get past Christmas dragons, and also thanks for keeping the limits intact.

I'm sorta sitting here looking at TJ's last posts and going "I knew I was right to have faith in him". lol

TJ will never, ever, ever  be able to please the entire userbase, no matter what he does or doesn't do with the site. That's the downside of everyone being human. Humans in general love to nitpick and grumble and find the bad in everything (at least this has been my 30-year experience). I'm just so very thankful for the return of CB holidays, even though I actually don't really benefit from that much since I have my limit of all CBs except Hollies and the Hollies I catch I'll be giving away or trading for messies.

I do not think removing limits entirely is the answer, and TJ seems to think that isn't an option anyways. I also don't think raising the limits will help long-term at all... It will mean everyone can get, what, 2 or 3 or 4 more CBs of each breed, and then what? The biome will once again be blocked and everyone will once again be complaining.

22 minutes ago, DarknessDragon197 said:

I hope the holiday RPG comes back again, those games always brought a huge smile for me during the holidays. Especially the one where we got to decorate our own houses, but they're both pretty grand to me <3 

That sounds pretty fun!!

13 hours ago, MoonShark said:

A reverse checker mate would work, though. ^.^

I'm a horrible perfectionist. It's a sin

A good night sleep and my eggs are healthy again - excellent! ^_^ Still gonna keep them fogged, though - can't exactly watch them at the moment. 

9 minutes ago, Tehya Faye said:

A good night sleep and my eggs are healthy again - excellent! ^_^ Still gonna keep them fogged, though - can't exactly watch them at the moment. 

Same for me, what a nice boost to see this morning! I was hoping keeping them fogged overnight would help them overcome the sickness, and it did. I too will be keeping mine fogged, however.

Of course, almost everyone wants to catch their cb hollies so it's very hard to get them. But the alternative - with no holiday bione - would be that no one would get them at all. 

So I'm grateful to TJ for the opportunity to get catch previous cb holidays again. Also because more cb hollies = more people able to breed them = more possibilities to get 2nd gen from them during the year and 2nd gen hollies next year!

Edited by Iside

Bit late, but huge thanks to TJ for the chance to get past Christmas dragons. ;wub;

Thank you for confirming that you will be tweaking the drop rates, TJ. :nyan:

I'm really surprised to see a lot of negativity surrounding this release... I hope TJ knows that in the end 99% of us are happy to have anything, and that he's done a great job. There are a few kinks to be worked out, but if the releases continue on for the years to come, I'm sure they'll get smoother and smoother.

I'm very happy to have the chance to get dragons I missed - lineaged dragons just aren't really what I like and the thought of never "truly" having certain breeds was a big turn off for me previously. Now, everything is obtainable - even if it takes a little luck or work, like prizes or neglecteds or zombies. I've never been so happy with an update.

Thank you, TJ.

@TJ09 thanks for the answer on CBs, and tweaking the cave ratios! I haven’t really delved into the chaos just yet, but it will be nice when I do to have more of the breeds most people are missing around! (and thanks for returning old holidays too, again <3)

I’d still like to see the limits on CB holidays raised (or removed) eventually, but as others before me have said, perhaps it’s best to hope for next year and give people a chance to get most of their old collecting done this year without competition from older players (well... at least aside from the holly front :P)

Than you TJ for the Holiday biome!! I've been playing since 2008 but I missed the first several years of holidays for various reasons - so I am so stoked to be able to get CBs again! I have just caught up on catching all the ones I was missing, horray! Wishing everyone else the same success :)