TJ09

2017-12-18 - Holiday Event Schedule

March on, DarknessDragon197! Good luck and hopefully you'll get back into your groove!

15 minutes ago, Seriva Senkalora said:

It is near christmas and all I see are people ranting about something which was meant as present to all of us...

I'm still thankful for the holiday biome!

It's a game, made for fun!

Here here!

Beyond grateful to have the chance at getting past CB holiday dragons. That being said though, I do wish that the whole sickness business was done away with or at least temporarily for the holidays. I've never seen viewbombing of this magnitude in all my time on DC.

Whoever suggested Incognito, I love you. I spent nearly 24 hours searching for a second Holly egg. I switched to Incognito, the FIRST Holly egg I clicked I caught :D. All of that time searching for a Holly and I could have done that hours ago XD.

I'm officially DONE with hunting in the Holidays biome, now I think I'll focus on getting pretty lineaged Holly eggs from the AP. Good luck to the rest of the CB Holly hunters, hopefully you get yours soon.

Since people are saying that the holiday biome keeps getting blocked with Snows, and so many people want Hollies, I'm getting really nervous about whether I can catch 2 Hollies myself. I can't catch until tomorrow morning, when I will only have an hour or so before I have to go to work.

DC's 2017: the Year of the Viewbombing Grinch.  :dry:

Despite the difficulty of getting the oldest breeds, I'm still very thankful for the chance at old CBs.  I'm so happy to own Solstices and Winter Magis! :D

Edit:  Fingers crossed that the one will be a rosy-winged Solstice like the original CBs, since I grabbed it during the day.  Hollies are still default male, so I hope for default rosy-wings.

Edited by Gryphonic

Keep them safe! One never knows until they are adults or frozen!

@Twimm I have been hunting for several hours now and am not finding the biome to be blocked most of the time. There was a good solid 20 minutes between 9 and 9:30 when it was moving very nicely. And most other times it didn't block entirely. It may get a bit worse as time goes on, but there will still be chances.

Named one of my Snows Frost Blocker :ph34r:

Actually I have a crazy idea. People who aren't egg blocked and don't value their last year Snows very high. can help by releasing their old Snows and then taking cave blockers Snow eggs from Holiday biome and clearing it that way. Not sure if it'll work though. (Also no idea what is the cooldown of the CB limit of holiday breed after you release one. 24 hours?)

49 minutes ago, Starscream said:

As I said in IRC last night that speculating like this or making assumptions was not a good plan. There is absolutely Zero evidence that it was a holly owner. Making assumptions like this makes you look like the mean person, not them. Unless you have absolute evidence to the contrary, then I highly recommend you give that evidence to Moderators, and keep your presumptions to yourself. If I find this negative behaviour continues in IRC, you will be removed for the rest of the holiday season - with no further warning to that matter.

I wasnt talking about the whole issue with eggs dying star! I saw people saying that you cant please everyone in regards to holly ratios in the holiday biome. That was what I was refrencing! And its true TJ could flood hollies and the ONLY people who would be upset would be the 54 active old holly owners. If ratios continue as is? You have the 54 active holly owners PLUS everyone on mobile/crap computers/horrible internet mad/upset. 

12 minutes ago, Twimm said:

Since people are saying that the holiday biome keeps getting blocked with Snows, and so many people want Hollies, I'm getting really nervous about whether I can catch 2 Hollies myself. I can't catch until tomorrow morning, when I will only have an hour or so before I have to go to work.

I have noticed MANY snow eggs, it is true.... Trouble is that I have my fill of snows, already or I'd take some... they are really lovely dragons.

I've been playing this game for years now, and I can't wrap my head around the fact that I have a CB Holy now. This is ahwsome people, AHWSOME.

9 minutes ago, laertid said:

Named one of my Snows Frost Blocker :ph34r:

Actually I have a crazy idea. People who aren't egg blocked and don't value their last year Snows very high. can help by releasing their old Snows and then taking cave blockers Snow eggs from Holiday biome and clearing it that way. Not sure if it'll work though. (Also no idea what is the cooldown of the CB limit of holiday breed after you release one. 24 hours?)

That's actually not too bad of an idea- as far as eggs go at least (I don't think people would want to release their adult dragons) even though the AP will have a hoard of Snows and other Holiday blockers eventually. Pros and cons I guess XD

But as for releasing a Holiday there's no cooldown. Once you release a CB one after 5 hours of catching it you're free to get another one. Though if it's an adult you can catch another egg the moment you release it.

Edited by DarknessDragon197

59 minutes ago, Silverswift said:

Quuestion... do we have any idea if the blue wing/rosy wing thing applies to these new CB Solstices?

My guess is no, considering bred Mistles and Hollies can be influenced but the returning CBs, like the originals, cannot. That makes me think all CBs will behave as the originals did. For which I’m grateful—too many options can be stressful when you can only get 2 CBs ever!

59 minutes ago, Silverswift said:

ALL whining will do is persuade TJ that the whole thing was a bad idea so that he won't do it again next year... which would be sad, IMHO.

It was meant, as some said,as a present, and I think it should be treated as such.

REMEMBER.... the Bossman was under NO obligation to give us a chance at past holiday dragons. NONE, ZERO, Zip.

Even with all my whining I'm still happy with this second chance? After all I did manage to get my quota on '12-'14 holiday dragons (even if i had to fill it twice xD)

Just because it was a present doesnt mean we cant dislike or even hate certain aspects of it. Unless you are someone who would love a baby poo green knitted sweater thats 3 times too big for you rather than say....a new book from your favorite author or that new video game had your eye on.

TJ knew going into this that everyone wanted Hollies (aka that brand new video game) but decided to give equal ratios KNOWING that 99% of the site already had last years snow dragon and that over 50% had aegis and whatever came in 2014. Ergo since 99% of folk cant pick up certain eggs the eggs they CAN grab (Hollies, yulebucks etc) are being hidden for long times...that growing increasingly longer as more folk collect their hollies and whatever else they needed and move out of the holiday biome. (Aka the baby poo green knitted sweater that we both KNOW will be living in the back of your closet until you send it to goodwill.)

This shows that he didnt really think things through and merely threw the holiday biome at us with the thought of "well it worked superbly for Halloween". He seems to have had an error of oversight in regards to the impact breed limits would have on actual hunting.

1 minute ago, Vampyre said:

This shows that he didnt really think things through and merely threw the holiday biome at us with the thought of "well it worked superbly for Halloween". He seems to have had an error of oversight in regards to the impact breed limits would have on actual hunting.

Nothing has been completely blocked yet and we don't know that he doesn't have a plan.

21 minutes ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

My guess is no, considering bred Mistles and Hollies can be influenced but the returning CBs, like the originals, cannot. That makes me think all CBs will behave as the originals did. For which I’m grateful—too many options can be stressful when you can only get 2 CBs ever!

Yes, the intent is for the CBs to behave the same as their original releases. If that turns out to not be the case, it'll be retroactively corrected.

3 minutes ago, Vampyre said:

Even with all my whining I'm still happy with this second chance? After all I did manage to get my quota on '12-'14 holiday dragons (even if i had to fill it twice xD)

Just because it was a present doesnt mean we cant dislike or even hate certain aspects of it. Unless you are someone who would love a baby poo green knitted sweater thats 3 times too big for you rather than say....a new book from your favorite author or that new video game had your eye on.

TJ knew going into this that everyone wanted Hollies (aka that brand new video game) but decided to give equal ratios KNOWING that 99% of the site already had last years snow dragon and that over 50% had aegis and whatever came in 2014. Ergo since 99% of folk cant pick up certain eggs the eggs they CAN grab (Hollies, yulebucks etc) are being hidden for long times...that growing increasingly longer as more folk collect their hollies and whatever else they needed and move out of the holiday biome. (Aka the baby poo green knitted sweater that we both KNOW will be living in the back of your closet until you send it to goodwill.)

XD Valid points in some ways.Perhaps I should have been more clear about PRECISELY what I meant... which was that some people seem to be forgetting the good parts of it entirely.

THAT being said, this is just starting. I would guess he has the ability to tweek the ratios if there is a problem. I sure wouldn't argue with better chances at catching a holly.

The woes of an owner of a popular massive collecting site. Scary stuff, yo.

The sad thing is that the closer we get to the end of the week, the fewer people who want CBs other than Hollies there will be. So everything else will just sit there. Hollies will be even harder to get when 100+ people are trying to click on one of the very few that show up in each drop.

Thank you for the opportunity to get a CB Holly, something I have dreamed of since joining ^-^

3 minutes ago, Vampyre said:

All of this.

Especially the last paragraph, I simply knew it won't work as well as on Halloween if limits stay in place and tough we're just at the day 2 now, I can tell I was right, just wait 2 more days. And if too many people catch and abandon the latest breeds, it's the AP that will likely lock with those, making other things behind the wall die. Halloween AP lasted longer than ever this year, seems chiristmas AP will be worse.

Perhaps one thing that would help would BE to REMOVE the limits on CBs? So that those that would like to hoard certain breeds actually could?

5 minutes ago, Vampyre said:

Your entire complaint hinges on an assumption that you provide no evidence for ("equal ratios") and then you make conclusive statements as if you have proven something without a real basis in fact.

Sure, the current distribution is clearly not where it should be to create a stress-free holiday environment. No, it's not equal. No, it's also not possible to predict the exact numbers that will match demand (it's possible to get close, but real world demand consistently smashes all assumptions). Yes, it will be tweaked.

Just flood it with Hollies...that's what the majority of people here need and can't get because of the breed limit stopping up the cave.  When I remember back to when I joined and didn't grab a Holly (didn't know anything special was happening as I had just joined) I cry a little.  Needless to say, I am one of the many hunting for a Holly or two since I have everything else.