TJ09

2017-12-18 - Holiday Event Schedule

i've been refreshing the entire day for "this egg has a holly leaf stuck to it" but somehow we always end up at three "this egg is surrounded by frost"

"The egg you are looking for is no longer available. Another person may have grabbed it already."

I am SOOO TIRED of that stupid statement! Doesn't everyone else HAVE their Hollies and Yulebucks yet considering how often I saw this statement already?!

Shouldn't ratios actually be favouring the old, rare ones instead of the new stuff almost everyone already has?

If you couldn't tell yet, I'm extremely TIRED and FRUSTRATED.

Thank you so much for the opportunity, TJ and staff! I've happily caught what I needed to complete my scroll and that has me thrilled to pieces! Happy Holidays everyone!

To everyone still hunting for their hollies or other older dragons, don't give up! Just keep refreshing and clicking like crazy! <3

3 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

"The egg you are looking for is no longer available. Another person may have grabbed it already."

I am SOOO TIRED of that stupid statement! Doesn't everyone else HAVE their Hollies and Yulebucks yet considering how often I saw this statement already?!

Shouldn't ratios actually be favouring the old, rare ones instead of the new stuff almost everyone already has?

If you couldn't tell yet, I'm extremely TIRED and FRUSTRATED.

It's still early in the week. Hopefully, everyone will already be at their two by the end of today and it'll be easier for those of us without our two to get them.

29 minutes ago, laertid said:

Don't remember who suggested using incognito window first, but thank you and a lot of chrismas candies to you! Got both of my Hollies.

Guys, use Google Chrome and the incognito window, it helps A LOT. More than hiding pictures and disabling javascript in Firefox, in fact (you lazy slow fox!).

I second that!

After spending 15 hours hunting today and yesterday. Caught two Hollies within half an hour with this method :3 Now I'm happily egglocked with all the old CB Christmas Dragons I've missed out on.

Good Luck to those still trying to catch one (or two) it's possible.

Through there's a huge difference between today and yesterday. Yesterday there were so many people 5 Minutes drops were gone in second today the cave moves really slowly with eggs sitting there for minutes :(

1 minute ago, Peij said:

Through there's a huge difference between today and yesterday. Yesterday there were so many people 5 Minutes drops were gone in second today the cave moves really slowly with eggs sitting there for minutes :(

And worst about this it's eggs too few people can possibly pick up no matter how much they would like to. It's gonna be worse later when nearly only people who need Hollies remain.

18 minutes ago, AquaBlueRain said:

It's still early in the week. Hopefully, everyone will already be at their two by the end of today and it'll be easier for those of us without our two to get them.

Maybe, but I'd really have liked a birthday Holly ...

edit: Just missed the FOURTH z-coded Holly I saw. But at least I gotmy first Yulebuck.

I have mixed feeling about this ...

Edited by Ruby Eyes

The only thing I can see that would help is for the ratios to change. More Hollies, fewer Snows etc.

Upping the breed limits would lead to Holly hoarding through the people with fast internet connection. (Like me, without breed limits I want 8 CBs of each breed)

The people with original CB Hollies worrying trade worth - well, I am very glad about the changes in fairness these past few months.

I have reasonably fast internet connection, but  managed to catch like three CB Golds in six years, I have nothing of true value to give, so if everything tones down a bit I a very happy about that.

DC doesn't need a few dozen elite users with CB Hollies and CB Prizes trading the best stuff among themselves.

Also, I will happily breed my CB Hollies next year to give away 2nd gens.

And I think it may be possible that the holiday biome stays in the future. I am very much looking forward to Valentine's day!

Did I just... see... a HOLLY eggie?

I think so! I didn't succeed in catching, but I will have to watch carefully for another chance! 0.0

Good luck on that. They are obviously highly sought after and once you do get it, hide it!

1 minute ago, Silverswift said:

Did I just... see... a HOLLY eggie?

I think so! I didn't succeed in catching, but I will have to watch carefully for another chance! 0.0

I've seen over a hundred hollies by now with how long I had first been hunting for them but despite my better internet speed than I used to have I haven't gotten a single one yet.  XD  I keep mis clicking on things too which is why I'm egg locked now.

For the first time ever, someone has viewbombed and killed my Christmas eggs.

It was my fault for falling asleep before I fogged them, but really guys. 6 day old eggs with no views do not need helping. I can only hope to catch another Yulebuck when I am free again.

Well, I am currently locked up with other pretties at the moment, so Holly hunting will have to wait 

A BIG thanks to TJ , however, for giving us all a  chance at some of the older holiday dragons!

SO nice that he decided to let the 'Ghost of Christmas past' pay us a visit! XD 

Edited by Silverswift

49 minutes ago, Peij said:

I second that!

After spending 15 hours hunting today and yesterday. Caught two Hollies within half an hour with this method :3 Now I'm happily egglocked with all the old CB Christmas Dragons I've missed out on.

Good Luck to those still trying to catch one (or two) it's possible.

I third this! I caught one almost right away and caught my second about an hour and a half ago so it does work! Which is good because I kept wondering why half the stuff on the forums stopped working on my phone XD stupid Javascript.

Hollies are staying fogged until they're down to 4.5 days left.

It is near christmas and all I see are people ranting about something which was meant as present to all of us...

I'm still thankful for the holiday biome!

It's a game, made for fun!

1 hour ago, Vampyre said:

There were only like 108 total cb hollies on scrolls before yesterday. At least HALF were inactive. That means that what...54 people only can be mad that 2g Hollies arent worth much anymore?

There were Hundreds if not THOUSANDS of users WITHOUT  hollies ....I think that if TJ skewed the ratios in favor of older seasonals/CBs on active scrolls ....that the number of people angry would go down. Because the hundreds fighting over the few would have more to grab and would by happy....and you'd still have the 54 "active" old Holly owners who wont be happy at all unless everyone's new cbs just died. So yeah...please the many at the ire of the few TJ!

As I said in IRC last night that speculating like this or making assumptions was not a good plan. There is absolutely Zero evidence that it was a holly owner. Making assumptions like this makes you look like the mean person, not them. Unless you have absolute evidence to the contrary, then I highly recommend you give that evidence to Moderators, and keep your presumptions to yourself. If I find this negative behaviour continues in IRC, you will be removed for the rest of the holiday season - with no further warning to that matter.

^ Seriva Senkalora

Stressful time of year. People can get on edge even with games... especially if said games are about the only highlight they have for the time being. O.o...

Ironically, I'd be one of the really wired, stressed out ones... it seems the ill affects of my slight medication change is keeping me pretty chill. My head is still disconnected from my body.

Edited by Nyxity

Quuestion... do we have any idea if the blue wing/rosy wing thing applies to these new CB Solstices?

1 minute ago, Silverswift said:

Quuestion... do we have any idea if the blue wing/rosy wing thing applies to these new CB Solstices?

we'll know when first S2s of these appear

9 minutes ago, Seriva Senkalora said:

It is near christmas and all I see are people ranting about something which was meant as present to all of us...

Exactly, I'm just so happy I can get old CBs.

Poor TJ can't do anything on this site without drama. 

Edited by Starbit-Plushie

9 minutes ago, Seriva Senkalora said:

I second this! I probably won't get all the CB's I want since I missed all past Holidays, but I'm happy they're available in the first place! :D 

All y'all worrying about not being able to click fast enough to get hollies/yulebucks - we're only on day 2. Still lots of time for people to fill up, for you to arrange trades, etc. I DO hope TJ has worked it so that there are many more of the older breeds dropping than the newer (the new can still block even if they're relatively uncommon if no one can pick them up) but there's no way to have a counter at this point.

Personally, as I've said before, I find Hollies to be overrated, but I'll be hunting them regardless due to scroll goals. I am stamping with eagerness to get my second Yulebuck, though. I can't wait to work some new lineages with them! Have to keep waiting until tomorrow, when I'll be unlocked again. 

Edited by LibbyLishly

12 minutes ago, Nyxity said:

We have no idea.

Then I guess I had better time my catches under the assumption that it DOES. I'd LOVE to have a CB of EACH, to be honest.

ALSO. I second what innate said... I didn't QUITE catch all the CBs I wanted at Halloween, and probably won't at Christmas, either but guess what? I am happy anyway, because I STILL Got more CBs than I had before and for that I am grateful.

ALL whining will do is persuade TJ that the whole thing was a bad idea so that he won't do it again next year... which would be sad, IMHO.

It was meant, as some said,as a present, and I think it should be treated as such.

REMEMBER.... the Bossman was under NO obligation to give us a chance at past holiday dragons. NONE, ZERO, Zip.

Edited by Silverswift