TJ09

2017-12-18 - Holiday Event Schedule

2 minutes ago, TheDarkLatias said:

Someone mentioned it a few posts back, and I actually tried it...

Using an incognito window is actually faster!

I managed to get one of the first Hollies I saw, and I've missed over 20 today.

Thank you! I'll try it.:)

1 hour ago, HPhaeton said:

I'm another user who found dead eggs on my scroll this morning. They were pretty AP finds and not my CB Hollies, because I was paranoid enought to fog those, but I'm still sad about it. I hadn't entered my eggs into any hatcheries yet, so it wasn't EATWs fault as people keep suggesting.

I believe you - that you hadn't added your eggs anywhere and someone, whether out of spite or misguided 'helpful' urges, killed them.

But EATW was indeed very, very broken yesterday - my (5 day mark) eggs shooting from 0 to 600+ within minutes of being added was definitely the hatchery, and I'd have lost them all if I hadn't happened to reload the page.

I'm not denying or downplaying your experience. And apologies if I'm misunderstanding you! I just don't want folks to lose their eggs because of a misunderstanding.

I was the one a "few posts back" who mentioned incognito. Nice to see what I CANT USE helped other people.

TJ09 worst holiday plan EVER! If you skewed the ratios of the holiday biome in favor of oldest breed/breed with least amount of ACTIVE accounts housing them it would have been better. Right now all im doing is spending time I DONT HAVE staring at eggs I CANT GET...and of course the second i see a damn holly its gone before my phone even registers the click because of course phones dont have ANY of the special cheats and tricks computer hunters use. So either skew the ratios or ship me a goddamn computer. I have been waiting for cb hollies since 2008 and i will be LIVID if your poor execution means I cant get even one!

I may be too relaxed but ... be patient. It's only the second day. Five more to go, everything is going to be fine.

(I am currently spinning like crazy at work as a retail worker on the phone, taking in orders etc., I can't afford to get upset over DC right now :lol:)

Well, mastered to catch 2 CB Yulebucks - now to just see if I can't add CB Hollies to my collection.

Highly doubting it, but I'm in this for fun - not profit so :)

4 minutes ago, Vampyre said:

I was the one a "few posts back" who mentioned incognito. Nice to see what I CANT USE helped other people.

TJ09 worst holiday plan EVER! If you skewed the ratios of the holiday biome in favor of oldest breed/breed with least amount of ACTIVE accounts housing them it would have been better. Right now all im doing is spending time I DONT HAVE staring at eggs I CANT GET...and of course the second i see a damn holly its gone before my phone even registers the click because of course phones dont have ANY of the special cheats and tricks computer hunters use. So either skew the ratios or ship me a goddamn computer. I have been waiting for cb hollies since 2008 and i will be LIVID if your poor execution means I cant get even one!

I wish there were button "thank you" or smth like that. I'm tired to stare at "This egg is surrounded by frost". I have all CB Christmas breeds, except Holly (I've cathed Mistletoe this year though), so I can't get most of dropping eggs. Who will catch Snow and Aegis dragons? Most of members have them, I think. Chance for Holly, which want to catch almost all of active users, is TOO low.

The worst thing of it is that TJ09 won't change anything. Well, I'm thankful for the opportunity to get missed CB Holidays (I've finally got missed CB Halloweens), but it would be better to make chance of getting oldest breeds (especially Holly) higher.

33 minutes ago, Vampyre said:

What is this Incognito hunting you're talking about? I don't think I've ever used that :)

As for the Hollies..... I'm on a computer with a decent internet connection. So far, yesterday I have caught 1 CB Hollies. I haven't been able to catch any CB Yulebucks unfortunately. I decided to grab a few nicely lineaged other dragons from the AP and hatch my first batch of AP/CB Christmas dragons before returning to CB hunting again in a few days. I'm hoping I'll have manage to grab the last CB Holly and 2 CB Yulebucks in a few days :) After all, you can only get 2 CB's.......

Edited by Sheriziya
Correction on catching results.

I mentioned that CB limits might cause un-moveable walls in the cave in the Suggestions thread. But the person monitoring the thread and listing pro/con kinda skipped over it. Then it kept getting mass-locked by the mods. :(

/wish the limit had been upped to 3 or 4 to help it keep moving.

I kind of wish TJ would choose to do something about this view-bombing. This isn't the first time so does anyone know if he's done something to help those of us to catch up?

I don't mind of 2 CB Christams limit. But I want this limit on my scroll. I have good fast Internet. Maybe I'm not enough fast clicking, I don't know. But it's rather annoy me that again and again I see Holly egg, click and then I see that it was grabbed by someone else.:(

this is where a limit increase would really help. id love to help, but id have to abandon one of the hollies i desperately hunted for. :(

I GOT ONE!  I GOT ONE! 

I GOT ONE!!!!!!!!!

...ahem.  IT CAN HAPPEN, people!  Even on a slow connection.  Don't lose hope!

Thank you so much TJ for bringing the holiday biome back! I really appreciate the chance to obtain the previous years' dragons. So far, I've been able to catch two yulebucks, two snow angels and one holly. Honestly wasn't expecting the holly since I'm terrible at catching but it can be done!

Interestingly, the holly won't show up for influence but when I use precognition, it says the hatchling will be male though the gender can still be influenced?

Edit: Just caught my second. I've caught up with all the Christmas releases now, yay! ;u;

Edited by Varekis

3 minutes ago, Varekis said:

Interestingly, the holly won't show up for influence but when I use precognition, it says the hatchling will be male though the gender can still be influenced?

CB hollies follow the old tradition of being un-influancable.

Just now, reddof-f6 said:

CB hollies follow the old tradition of being un-influancable.

Yeah, I messed up there because I thought the original hollies were only female not male. xP

41 minutes ago, Darine said:

I wish there were button "thank you" or smth like that. I'm tired to stare at "This egg is surrounded by frost". I have all CB Christmas breeds, except Holly (I've cathed Mistletoe this year though), so I can't get most of dropping eggs. Who will catch Snow and Aegis dragons? Most of members have them, I think. Chance for Holly, which want to catch almost all of active users, is TOO low.

The worst thing of it is that TJ09 won't change anything. Well, I'm thankful for the opportunity to get missed CB Holidays (I've finally got missed CB Halloweens), but it would be better to make chance of getting oldest breeds (especially Holly) higher.

Yeah I was wishing for a box that we could click to toggle off eggs we already had breed limit of. I think it is nicer to stare at a "no eggs found" with an occasional "this egg has holly attached to it" egg popping randomly in on the refresh rather than just staring at eggs you'd love to move but cant because of breed limit. Especially when those eggs that just sit there are the ones from the past 2 years that 99.9% of users already had breed limit of BEFORE this event. ....or for TJ to implement a scrub/wipe of eggs that sit VISIBLE in the biome for 30-45 seconds (we know that if they arent grabbed by then they will sit for minutes) which means that the biome will keep moving regardless of how many people are still helping it move along.

TJ is, IMHO, in a no win situation here.

If he ends the limits then those who horde will get more and those who are already struggling to catch those hollies will still have the same problem.

If he ups the limit then what to? Three would allow for those who want two adults and a hatchling. Four would allow a hatchling of the opposite genders. Five for an ungendered frozen hatchling and two hatchlings of each gender and adults. Then add the other Aegis form into the mix and we are hitting eight which is where everyone is scroll locked anyway.

Then factor in those who are angry about the re-release anyway. At the moment the hollies are so hard to catch they still retain some of their rarity,  but if the cave is flooded with them they lose that and there will be even more complaints.

I have been lucky enough to grab one yesterday on my phone, but they are horrendously hard to get.

Regarding the ones that keep blocking the cave, it would be nice if they didn't  but they do seem to move a little as I often see the no eggs message. I suspect as the week progresses that will change though. 

I am curious to know if the eggs are dropping at equal rates though. Maybe the ratios need tweaking a bit.

It might have been easier with a different egg dropping each day or even each hour or drop, but again that would upset those who are upset about hollies losing their trading value.

Whatever TJ does someone is going to be upset. Regardless of all this I think the re-release is a lovely idea and am still very grateful for the chance to complete my collections.

6 hours ago, Dragon_Arbock said:

Life, yes.. but priorities, please. A minor bug that may exist in the forum software is more important than posting a news post so people know what's going on and to protect themselves?

Someone viewbombing an egg isn't a problem with the site. Hide your scroll, fog & ward your eggs. That's what those features are for. People are horrible sometimes, but that's what happens sometimes. He won't post if it's something he doesn't see the need to fix because there's already features that fix the problem.

Well, I'm ordinary player. I can't create dragons. I wish I could, but I'm not a artist at all. I'm not very good and lucky at cathing, so I don't have many CB metals and other rares. I just have 1 CB Silver Tinsel which I've got in last mounth's raffle.

Most of members who has CB or low gen Holly speculates in trades. They want all of what I don't have - Holidays alts, prizes and other rares. This event - is the one opportunity for me to get Holly. And I'm very upset I can't do it either.

1 minute ago, Earth Gurl said:

Someone viewbombing an egg isn't a problem with the site. Hide your scroll, fog & ward your eggs. That's what those features are for. People are horrible sometimes, but that's what happens sometimes. He won't post if it's something he doesn't see the need to fix because there's already features that fix the problem.

The thing is, this is a massive attack. People have lost eggs and hatchlings and we're not going to get them back. People outside the forums weren't going to know what was going on and use EATW anyway and found out that their eggs got sick from too many views and died. No joke, I hatched an ER Shimmer egg in a minute 30 with Ward protecting it and it still died. What gets me upset is that it's lost forever and I have to ask the breeder to breed another one. Not to mention all the people who had eggs gifted to them prior to the event that they now have to go back and try to negotiate with the breeder. 

3 minutes ago, Darine said:

Well, I'm ordinary player. I can't create dragons. I wish I could, but I'm not a artist at all. I'm not very good and lucky at cathing, so I don't have many CB metals and other rares. I just have 1 CB Silver Tinsel which I've got in last mounth's raffle.

Most of members who has CB or low gen Holly speculates in trades. They want all of what I don't have - Holidays alts, prizes and other rares. This event - is the one opportunity for me to get Holly. And I'm very upset I can't do it either.

I don't know what should or shouldn't be done, or anything in depth or helpful like that to add to the discussion, but I just wanted to say - I feel this very much. My major goal for CBs was Solstices, because they're my favorite of the Christmas dragons, but I would really love to be able to catch at least a single Holly before it's all over with, since this may be my only chance ever to do so. And I feel for Darine and others wanting to get them, as well. It may change over time, I don't know. But I hear it and understand and sympathize with the frustration. =/ 

Don't remember who suggested using incognito window first, but thank you and a lot of chrismas candies to you! Got both of my Hollies.

Guys, use Google Chrome and the incognito window, it helps A LOT. More than hiding pictures and disabling javascript in Firefox, in fact (you lazy slow fox!).

Edited by laertid

Keep an eye on the departure notice board folks ...some people are content with just one CB Holly and are gifting others they catch away. Even if you cant catch one you could still receive one through kind people. 

There were only like 108 total cb hollies on scrolls before yesterday. At least HALF were inactive. That means that what...54 people only can be mad that 2g Hollies arent worth much anymore?

There were Hundreds if not THOUSANDS of users WITHOUT  hollies ....I think that if TJ skewed the ratios in favor of older seasonals/CBs on active scrolls ....that the number of people angry would go down. Because the hundreds fighting over the few would have more to grab and would by happy....and you'd still have the 54 "active" old Holly owners who wont be happy at all unless everyone's new cbs just died. So yeah...please the many at the ire of the few TJ!

1 hour ago, Vampyre said:

I knew keeping the 2CBs limit would lead to this.

Just wait till everyone will fill and the only eggs sought after would be the Hollies:rolleyes: (well, I planned to catch 2 CB Hollies and influence one female but since they can't I won't really try to do that, I don't care for 2 CB males and no CB female nor do I care for other breeds if I can't have sets of 5 CBs each 3 of those 5 being frozen)

For comparison, it was pretty easy to catch CB Pumpkins despite no limit:rolleyes:

4 minutes ago, Vampyre said:

There were only like 108 total cb hollies on scrolls before yesterday. At least HALF were inactive. That means that what...54 people only can be mad that 2g Hollies arent worth much anymore?

There were Hundreds if not THOUSANDS of users WITHOUT  hollies ....I think that if TJ skewed the ratios in favor of older seasonals/CBs on active scrolls ....that the number of people angry would go down. Because the hundreds fighting over the few would have more to grab and would by happy....and you'd still have the 54 "active" old Holly owners who wont be happy at all unless everyone's new cbs just died. So yeah...please the many at the ire of the few TJ!

That's being rather unfair to the present CB Holly owners.  No one knows who's behind this and it seems wrong to just tar an entire (and highly varied) group of players without a shred of evidence that any of them are involved.