Jump to content
TJ09

2017-12-18 - Holiday Event Schedule

Recommended Posts

I sort of agree. Would think that raising it to four for Christmas and Valentine limits would really work to move the wall, if only by a bit. (Though make it harder inherently to catch other, older CB Christmas dragons, lol).

Share this post


Link to post

Raising it probably would not be a solution -  to be honest, not sure what would be as any ideas I get I can see how it can also fail.

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, Cassie_Fenix said:

No catches still... :(

Keep trying!  They're definitely possible, and the cave is moving slower at the moment.  Have you tried the following?:

 

* disable javascript

* disable images

* change "page style" to "no style" (if on Firefox -- don't know how to do this on other browsers)

If you do all that, you'll have a much better chance at grabbing eggs, as your page will reload faster.  Good luck!

Share this post


Link to post

Maybe it's the time to remove Snows from the Holiday biome entirely? (not that someone needs them at the moment... or maybe just drop them at "one egg per period" rate.)

 

...I have no idea how people catch Hollies using phones and bad internet. PC, perfect wi-fi, java and pictures turned off, browser faster than Rapidash aaand no luck at all since release. Welp.

Share this post


Link to post

i think the only thing that mite help the blockers is if after 5min a egg is untaken it swaps out with another type. although iam sure codeing that would be hell. setting spawn ratios lower on the newest breeds could also work.

 

hikeing the limits will only buy a small amount of time before it clogs agian. (although i really would love 2 breeding pair sets instead of 1 and 2 frozen hatchies.)

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, laertid said:

Maybe it's the time to remove Snows from the Holiday biome entirely? (not that someone needs them at the moment... or maybe just drop them at "one egg per period" rate.)

 

...I have no idea how people catch Hollies using phones and bad internet. PC, perfect wi-fi, java and pictures turned off, browser faster than Rapidash aaand no luck at all since release. Welp.

Your eyes have less space to travel on mobile. reads all 3 descriptions faster XD

Edited by Feesh

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Starscream said:

Raising it probably would not be a solution -  to be honest, not sure what would be as any ideas I get I can see how it can also fail.

 

I'm not really certain either. Raising would help temporarily, but to keep working, would need to be raised every year.

I like how the Halloween drop went this year, but Christmas will probably stay limited for the foreseeable future. The problem being limit prevents people from even gifting or tossing to the AP.

Share this post


Link to post

I've been doing the catching on my phone and it loads super fast no problem (except at hour drops) but I still couldn't manage to snatch a yule/holly.

Share this post


Link to post

That's what I'm saying. Only release them proportional to need. If there is no demand, the supply should go down. More people have the new ones, so no one wants or can even get them for the most part.

I believe there was an official count once and there was only about 800 total cb hollies actively being bred in all of dragcave.

And we've come past our millionth account by now.

Share this post


Link to post

What I did was only concern myself with the third slot, and spazz click with I saw what I wanted. Worked out eventually.

Share this post


Link to post

It's only the 2nd day, there will be enough time to get hollies and yules because it only gets easier and easier as we move into the week. :) 

Share this post


Link to post

I am totally frustrated.  I put my eggs in EATW for approx 2 minutes they all were sick.  During that two minutes though I saw they were sick and I tried to fog them but my scroll wouldn't load.  I immediately took them out of EATW and DDF but by that time they were all dead.  I was stunned.

 

I went to Account to rearrange my scroll and finally after the page loaded and I was able to start moving my dragons it took forever to get them moved a short ways.  I gave up.  I can't seem to get dragon cave pages to load like they used to. 

 

Tomorrow I will go get more eggs at the AP.  Today was just too frustrating for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Feesh said:

It's only the 2nd day, there will be enough time to get hollies and yules because it only gets easier and easier as we move into the week. :) 

not true, less and less will be grabbing the cave blockers, making things go at a snails pace when attempting to grab a specific breed.

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Dragon_Arbock said:

What I did was only concern myself with the third slot, and spazz click with I saw what I wanted. Worked out eventually.

That's probably why a lot of people, especially those who are missing other cb holidays can't get hollies. People who are only missing hollies get to spam click anything and only get hollies because everything else is at their limit. 

 

3 minutes ago, reddof-f6 said:

not true, less and less will be grabbing the cave blockers, making things go at a snails pace when attempting to grab a specific breed.

I don't see how this is a true problem because it happens every year. The newest breeds inevitably become cave blockers. And yet every year, people bring it up as if it's a new thing. :/

Edited by Feesh

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Feesh said:

That's probably why a lot of people, especially those who are missing other cb holidays can't get hollies. People who are only missing hollies get to spam click anything and only get hollies because everything else is at their limit. 

Well, that's not quite it. I still needed Yules, ..and Snows, cause mine died last year. And if you misclick you still get redirected to the 'you already have x breed limit' page. Did that enough times to be annoying.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Feesh said:

I don't see how this is a true problem because it happens every year. The newest breeds inevitably become cave blockers. And yet every year, people bring it up as if it's a new thing. :/

becuase these breeds have a limit of two and arnt a new egg.

 

all the people who have the newest breeds cant move and abandon those eggs.

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Dragon_Arbock said:

Well, that's not quite it. I still needed Yules, ..and Snows, cause mine died last year. And if you misclick you still get redirected to the 'you already have x breed limit' page. Did that enough times to be annoying.

I'd rather be redirected for a second than to get locked for 5 hours with a misclicked egg lol. 

 

1 minute ago, reddof-f6 said:

becuase these breeds have a limit of two and arnt a new egg.

 

all the people who have the newest breeds cant move and abandon those eggs.

But they eventually go away on the new 5 minute drops. 5 minutes isn't that long to wait. There's also the hour drops that reshuffle everything.

Edited by Feesh

Share this post


Link to post

Incognito worked. :o I immediately got a holly! Fogged.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Feesh said:

I don't see how this is a true problem because it happens every year. The newest breeds inevitably become cave blockers. And yet every year, people bring it up as if it's a new thing. :/

But people cannot pick up newer breeds even if they want to. That's a horse of a different color. During Halloween, people who wanted to hoard recent breeds could pick them up and while it did get slower, the biome still moved at a decent rate. 

 

I do appreciate the limits, but something needs to be done to compensate for them, normal cave numbers are not calculated with such limits in mind.

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Feesh said:

I'd rather be redirected for a second than to get locked for 5 hours with a misclicked egg lol. 

Getting redirected basically meant I lost a lot of time for 5 minute drops. Never mind the normal cave doesn't move near as fast as it did last night with 400 people.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, zaverxi said:

Incognito worked. :o I immediately got a holly! Fogged.

Yay! ^_^

Share this post


Link to post

I figure only Hollies and maybe Yules should have been limited. Anything else shouldn't be in as high demand to still make it fair. Oh well, next year is only 364 days away.

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Dragon_Arbock said:

I figure only Hollies and maybe Yules should have been limited. Anything else shouldn't be in as high demand to still make it fair. Oh well, next year is only 364 days away.

thats if the holiday biome returns.

 

wish it will, makes more sense then the holiday eggs suddenly having a "wild extinction" from the cave. only allowing "domesticated" eggs.

 

maintenance you evil curse!!!:excl:

Edited by reddof-f6

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Dragon_Arbock said:

I figure only Hollies and maybe Yules should have been limited. Anything else shouldn't be in as high demand to still make it fair. Oh well, next year is only 364 days away.

That's only speaking from a current perspective. Hollies and yules weren't that rare when they were the only xmas dragons around. 

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.