TJ09

2017-12-18 - Holiday Event Schedule

The idea of there NOT being a Valentine's re-release, at this point, seems very far-fetched to me. Why would we get the other two holidays but not Valentine's? If we're getting two, we're getting all three. And I'm REALLY excited for it. 

1 minute ago, innate said:

@Fabula Oh no! Well hopefully TJ will let us have a chance at the old Valentines too! Some of those sprites are so gorgeous :)

Yess! I cannot wait for Valentine's to come!! :D And I definitely won't be missing that. ;D

Genuinely stunned that no one has seemed to have named their dragons after Karma Chameleon lyrics. It's so perfect for the feeling of getting a non-tricolor when your favorite is tricolor!

1 minute ago, Lurhstaap said:

The idea of there NOT being a Valentine's re-release, at this point, seems very far-fetched to me. Why would we get the other two holidays but not Valentine's? If we're getting two, we're getting all three. And I'm REALLY excited for it. 

HYPE!!!!

i'll admit to being very excited at the thought of cb rosebuds at valentine's. :wub:

i've really enjoyed being able to get some previously unobtainable cb dragons.  a big thankyou to those helpful holly heroes who have been so generous in gifting. 

@Dianacat777 This is all just a game in the end. You won't be laying in your deathbed years from now thinking about DC. Regardless if the rarity of Hollies or other breeds changed or not, the reality is that one day you will have stopped playing and all the time you spent on this game has amounted to the same. I've wasted a lot of time on games, especially for "rare" things. I no longer play those games, so logically it was a waste of time because it was all just pixels in the end. I don't regret it, because it's all for the experience and fun. But when it becomes something you no longer enjoy then there's no issue in leaving. I hope you find joy in something else and happy holidays. :) 

14 minutes ago, Raikielia said:

Well, I guess I just have to resign myself to trying for this last Yulebuck next year. Saw four in this last hour drop and couldn't catch a single one. T_T

Pretty sure it running till the end of tomorrow so you still have a chance!

I think there's even less I can pick up for Valentines. Just the Val '09s and an Aransi.

..are there really people who will complain about old CBs losing value? They never should have accumulated so much value to begin with. Nobody new is going to want to play a game where other players have a permanent advantage over them just for being around longer.

Yeah, that the old CBs had such extreme value was a flaw in the game, not a virtue. Same with the trade-destroying power Prizes had for a long while.

Gahhh the limits can be frustrating. One of my friends has everything but their Yules and Hollies and can't manage to catch either. I want to help but I already have mine and I'm worried if I give him mine I won't be able to catch two more each for myself in time. x.x; 

There are always going to be people who enjoy having something others don't and will resist losing their special advantage. It's just how things are.

2 minutes ago, Guillotine said:

Yeah, that the old CBs had such extreme value was a flaw in the game, not a virtue. Same with the trade-destroying power Prizes had for a long while.

The biggest issue with hollies was actually that many of the owners no longer played, i even remember TJ one year actually breeding ones off of inactive users scrolls, so it was not so much people holding them hostage for massive amounts of cb metals it was a total lack of population!

Letting people get them as honorable mentions helped a bit, but not nearly enough!

Edited by Karobb

1 minute ago, Karobb said:

The biggest issue with hollies was actually that many of the owners no longer played, i even remember TJ one year actually breeding ones off of inactive users scrolls, so it was not so much people holding them hostage for massive amounts of cb metals it was a total lack of population!

Letting people get them as honorable mentions helped a bit, but not nearly enough!

That's just the thing, that's why it was a flaw--it was something that wasn't intended to be rare, and it only got worse as time went on until this year.

1 minute ago, Karobb said:

Wow TJ did that? How awesome of him! :D Well next year there is going to be a lot of fresh Holly blood, methinks. ;D

10 minutes ago, Dragon_Arbock said:

I think there's even less I can pick up for Valentines. Just the Val '09s and an Aransi.

I won't be able to catch any old CB Vals, I have them all. Which kind of sucks but I guess is ok?

Before this re-release I want to say there was between 25-35 active CB holly owners. It was all kinds of terrible.

Edited by dothefreddy

Just now, dothefreddy said:

I won't be able to catch any old CB Vals, I have them all. Which kind of sucks but I guess is ok?

LOL More time for you to hoard lineaged ones though :)

I've got a ton of Valentines to pick up this (well, next) year - the only CBs I have are the three most recent. XD So I'll be pretty hyped for that too!

13 minutes ago, Karobb said:

Pretty sure it running till the end of tomorrow so you still have a chance!

I keep trying, but now I'm busy with Christmas dinner and stuff and don't have the time to sit and just hunt.

1 minute ago, Tehya Faye said:

I've got a ton of Valentines to pick up this (well, next) year - the only CBs I have are the three most recent. XD So I'll be pretty hyped for that too!

Same! I only have the last three Valentines dragons released as CBs so I have a lot of catching up on as well! :D

Honestly out of all the Valentines I'm most excited to grab some CB Sweetlings; they're My Faves and I was heartbroken once I learned that I missed the chance at CBs.

30 minutes ago, Dianacat777 said:

You want to know why I posted? Uh... why does anyone post? To express an opinion? Why did you post? I felt feelings, felt moderately alienated that nobody else verbally felt like me, and posted about said feelings. You clearly felt something about that and posted a response.

Why did I stick around after Halloween? I don't know, maybe I hoped I might be wrong? Maybe I thought that I was not an infallible oracle to the future? Or I was hoping that hollies might drop like rares, and not just as frequently as any other holiday egg. The only reason they're at all difficult to catch is because people have singled them out as the prize they used to be... just like any bred holly egg used to be a catch, years back. People want what they don't have. That'll fade - it'd fade even if there wasn't a limit. I'd give it next year, probably - but I had no trouble catching mine. Was maybe the sixth one I clicked on. Couple I saw take two refreshes to vanish. 

And I didn't make the decision to leave until today. I was sad on Halloween, but it was the total ennui I felt upon obtaining the rarest and most desirable egg I knew of that made my mind.

Heh. I give it a few years and everyone else will have access to all the old badges, too. Doesn't really matter.

As for the trading system others have brought up... I don't really see how this fixes much. It's turned Hollies into something everyone has, but that just shifts the onus of desirability elsewhere and there are still super-rare dragons that fit that bill. It's still going to be broken and toxic for as long as prizes exist, and as long as spriters' alts exist. And while the prizes are a mess and have always been a mess, I do think the spriters deserve their alts, and nobody else deserves access to them. It's just that becoming a spriter isn't a terribly attainable goal, either. I don't begrudge anyone else their happiness; I really don't. But I've watched the site develop over the years and I've just sunk a lot more effort and emotional anticipation into it than I've gotten out, and I think it's time for me to call it quits, accept I will never find what I was chasing here, and move on.

And if you still want me to justify the fact that I dared post about my feelings, the other reason I said this instead of quietly fading away was because I was looking for somebody to give the Holly to. Preferably somebody who didn't denigrate me, but hey. 

Farewell! I hope the good memories will be stronger in the end then all those bad feelings right now.
I hope you will find another place to be a lot more happy then you sound right now.

@dothefreddy So all this fresh blood right now for Hollies will give you hopefully a lot of good lineages for Valentine.

33 minutes ago, Dianacat777 said:

snip

And if you still want me to justify the fact that I dared post about my feelings, the other reason I said this instead of quietly fading away was because I was looking for somebody to give the Holly to. Preferably somebody who didn't denigrate me, but hey. 

I'm sorry you felt that I denigrated you and that you are so disenchanted by the new holidays that you feel the need to leave after playing so long. Perhaps it was your phrasing that struck a cord, but I do hope you find happiness outside DC. 

I just checked my Valentines, I knew I only had one CB Valentine '09, but apparently I have no CB Sweetlings at all? I didn't realize that. I guess I'll be after some Sweetlings if/when V-day CB re-release happens. 

I momentarily forgot daylight savings time was a thing, and thought DragonCave was still 3 hours ahead of me, so I thought the event and new dragon would start in less then 10 minutes. .... Nope, still an hour to go. Booo.

3 minutes ago, Guillotine said:

Honestly out of all the Valentines I'm most excited to grab some CB Sweetlings; they're My Faves and I was heartbroken once I learned that I missed the chance at CBs.

I think they're my favorite too. I have one, cause the other's a frozen.

I still have conflicting feelings about the alts.