TJ09

2017-12-18 - Holiday Event Schedule

I'm delighted to finally get a chance at a couple CB Hollies too -- it's just that all I've wanted for literally years is a CB female Holly. That's it. I even hoped for getting an Honorable Mention prize over an actual Shimmer or Tinsel back when those raffles were a thing, because if I didn't get a Silver Prize, I'd want a female Holly instead. I've been wanting to make a Green Nebula x Holly checker for AGES, and that's probably never going to happen now.

I mean, I'm gonna keep trying, but when there's maybe two dozen people out there with CB female hollies, half of them are inactive, and 90% of the rest only trade for Hollyswaps or (probably after this Christmas) 2G Prizes/spriter's alts...

I'm terrible at remembering to influence dragons, so I like that I don't have to influence any of the dragons that I picked up. :lol::blush:

Hopefully prices for 2nd gen Hollies, even female ones, will fall down after this year.

And I just realized, that this and this is gonna need a mate. For a 2nd gen Holly, I can probably find a mate. But for the white X Holly fourth gen checker? Maybe I can do an inbreed one *shrugs*

Also, probably gonna have to give up on continuing my STD x Holly line farther from 3rd gen.

Edited by PointOfOrigin

This is pretty maddening, I really thought it would be easier to get the hollies since everyone can only have 2, thank god the limit is still in place, otherwise only the cave sweepers would have them.

Nothing to do but keep trying I guess, good luck all!

In the rush of frantic mobile clicking, I accidentally switched biomes. And ended up with a flamingo. At least I have space to still try for a holly. Sigh.

So now that we have a confirmation that previous holiday dragons WITH scroll limits (as opposed to halloween which was not limit-2) will in fact be rereleased...

Am I really finally able to maybe kinda sorta verily probably maybe perhaps get my very very own CB radiant angel next year???

IT CHRISTMA TIME!

Now to breed all my dragons and get eggs, though I messed up and bred one of my Snowballs yesterday instead of today.

Dang it. 

STILLL IT HOLIDAY TIME! 

1 hour ago, zaverxi said:

Maybe TJ can increase the holly drop rate since an extremely few number of people had cb hollies and that's what everyone's trying for. Otherwise it'll just become bragging rights for those who can afford fast internet. :/

Don't give up.  I got one today (along with two Yulebucks) on my mobile phone in a shockingly bad signal area in a room that is blocked in with buildings all around mucking up the signal. 

I just need a snow angel and yulebuck and I'll be good for this year.  I can live without a cb holly.  But I can't speedyclick because I don't want to accidentally fill my 2 remaining slots with wrapping-wings....

Edited by Cielmuir

38 minutes ago, Karobb said:

This is pretty maddening, I really thought it would be easier to get the hollies since everyone can only have 2, thank god the limit is still in place, otherwise only the cave sweepers would have them.

Nothing to do but keep trying I guess, good luck all!

Yeah...I may not end up with hollies this year. I really don't have a lot of time to be camping the front page and I was hoping to get one before things started to slow down and things are already slowing down.. It would have to slow down to the point where I can randomly check the front page and there would be a holly sitting there.

Has anyone picked up a CB holiday from the AP yet? I'm not sure if they would go in front of or behind bred eggs.

For anyone worried about grabbing CB Hollies, I'm slow at catching things, but I managed to grab 2 of them within the past hour. It helped that I was at my limit for everything else (YAY! for also snagging a pair of CB Yulebucks), but they're catch-able. You just need to keep refreshing & clicking & eventually you'll get one, if not 2! Plenty dropped as I missed more trying to get one than not. XD Good luck everyone!! :D

4 minutes ago, Jazeki said:

Has anyone picked up a CB holiday from the AP yet? I'm not sure if they would go in front of or behind bred eggs.

I tried to pick up a Snow egg which sat there for some time. Then I checked and it was a CB one ;)

!!!! got one! yay!

Not much time to hunt this year, but I've tried to get here for most of the hour drops, and the 5 minute drops when I have a few seconds. These guys go so fast I mostly don't see them but got a lucky grap. :)

Good luck to all the other hunters! I'm probably going to have to try to trade for a second one, as I'm mostly out of time for awhile.

So, I am back on my PC running Chrome and trying to refresh with CTRL+R while clicking for an egg. But every time I click on the egg it opens a new tab and takes me to it, instead of staying in the cave. Does anyone know how to change that setting in Chrome as I am wasting a lot of time flicking back and forth and losing my place where I want the pointer to be.

3 minutes ago, SickThing said:

I tried to pick up a Snow egg which sat there for some time. Then I checked and it was a CB one ;)

Good to know. Thanks!

Aha, so I'm not going to be able to get another CB Yulebuck unless i released my old cb frozen, oh well! I'm not giving it up. XD

Now just need to get me some hollies :D

23 minutes ago, Jazeki said:

I saw a few yesterday. 

To the people struggling to catch Hollies, just keep at it! I spent almost four hours hunting last night and missed every single one. Then I caught one today on my phone, even with how slow the cave has been loading. It helps to click as soon as the page refreshes/before it finishes loading.

Edited by The Dragoness

6 minutes ago, Lady Dragoon said:

Aha, so I'm not going to be able to get another CB Yulebuck unless i released my old cb frozen, oh well! I'm not giving it up. XD

Now just need to get me some hollies :D

Same, I was thinking of releasing my old frozen CB at first, but now I guess I probably won't do it. XD 

So glad for the holiday biome!  I released some of my old CB ones literally months before the limit was expanded.  I can finally fix those holes! 

Finally had a chance to do some hunting and not having much luck in the cave, but tried the AP.  I have found a problem...it won't let me pick up a CB Ribbondancer from the AP because it says I already have 2 of that breed.  Problem is, I do not have any CB Ribbondancers as I started playing after their release.  Since I do have bred Ribbondancers, could that be the issue?  I hope I can still get them from the cave.  Has anyone else been able to grab a CB that was dropped in the AP?

4 hours ago, Vhale said:

For those hunting. Bear in mind, you CAN'T misclick if you already own most of the CBs. Literally. There is no chance of locking yourself with the wrong egg if all you are short of is 3 older CBs or less.

So the fastest way to hunt is hold down command (on a mac-might be ctrl on a pc) and click on an egg slot as fast as you can. This causes any click to open in a new tab, which means you don't have to wait and go through the dialog text if you fail.

All well and good, but it doesn't work well with the amount of lag I'm experiencing. I could click 100 times before the next egg shows up and it doesn't take much of that before my laptop freezes up from all those tabs open and trying to load!