TJ09

2017-12-18 - Holiday Event Schedule

I've been trying for 6 hours for hollies and yulebucks now, still no chance.

Maybe TJ can increase the holly drop rate since an extremely few number of people had cb hollies and that's what everyone's trying for. Otherwise it'll just become bragging rights for those who can afford fast internet. :/

Woah! I caught a Holly too! I seriously thought there was no WAY I was going to catch one on my phone with my dodgy internet, but I did! I traded for my other one, so I am good to go!!

I haven't even been hunting that long. But I figured, I am at my limit for all other Holidays, so I wont have to worry about misclicking anything, so instead of waiting for the Holly description to pop up, then react and click, I just clicked the moment the page refreshed, without even reading, and just went back every time it was something I was at limit for and tried again. Not even a minute later, got my Holly. :D

Good luck to everyone who is still hunting!!!

Edited by Tiki G

1 minute ago, Tiki G said:

so instead of waiting for the Holly description to pop up, then react and click, I just clicked the moment the page refreshed, without even reading, and just went back every time it was something I was at limit for and tried again. Not even a minute later, got my Holly. :D

That was my method too. I'm a little concerned that the window for catching them may close as the holiday week goes on, since there will be fewer and fewer people who can pick up any more snows or aegis and those may begin to block the biome. But so far, knock wood but it hasn't been a problem. The biome is moving along pleasantly quickly. :-)

9 minutes ago, Tiki G said:

Woah! I caught a Holly too! I seriously thought there was no WAY I was going to catch one on my phone with my dodgy internet, but I did! I traded for my other one, so I am good to go!!

I haven't even been hunting that long. But I figured, I am at my limit for all other Holidays, so I wont have to worry about misclicking anything, so instead of waiting for the Holly description to pop up, then react and click, I just clicked the moment the page refreshed, without even reading, and just went back every time it was something I was at limit for and tried again. Not even a minute later, got my Holly. :D

Good luck to everyone who is still hunting!!!

Wish I could do that too but I'm too recent.

Still, the hunting isn't fun to me, Everything I misclick and in time I'm at the limit of.

I'm missing the 5 oldest breeds, got 2 of the newest of them and 1 of 2 next from newest, If I'm not careful I'll end up with no hollies I had certain plans for

Edited by MhKhu

Changed from Firefox to Chrome and immediately caught the two CB Yulebucks I needed, yay :D Now I am more confident I will manage the Hollys too^^

Edit: yup, was right - got my first Holly! :D

Edit 2: AND FINISHED - got the second too!

change to Chrome, it sure helped me!

Edited by Kiwiana

Congrats to everyone who has caught hollies so far. I'm thinking about switching back over to mobile, but I'm also breeding my lineaged dragons while I wait. 

Edit: Got my second yulebuck. Now all I need is a holly. Wooh.

Edited by Jazeki

34 minutes ago, FullMoonDreams said:

I have had a stupidly slow day at work too. Slow enough to be able to spend a fair bit of the day stalking the cave. Slapped wrists all round. 😜

My day was the opposite of slow, as I work in retail and the work leading up to christmas is CRAZY at work :lol:

Got my two Ribbon dancers and Snow Angels though ... so Yulebucks and Hollys now. Weeeeeh.

Anyone planning on releasing one of their original CB solstices, and trying to get a CB blue winged one?

I've missed a lot of Christmas CBs, really glad the holiday biome is coming back. Thanks TJ&co! <3

Edit: Interesting plan, @PointOfOrigin. :0 Lose a parent name on some lineages to gain the ability to make some different lineages, hmm. I wonder if CBs will be locked pink to preserve the current breeding patterns or if new possibilities will be opened up by the biome. I definitely want blue CBs, even though I prefer the pink wings it'd make blue lineages neater.

Edited by cbussiere

I'm so happy the Holiday biome is back for Xmas, and I'm likewise glad that the limit has not been lifted.  Does anyone know if all CB Solstices will be rosy-winged, like the originals, or will it depend on the time of the day, as it is with bred ones? Similarly, will all new CB Mistletoes be female, or are there going to be males as well? And what about Hollies, will there be both males and females?

^I think people have said they have been unable to influence CB Hollies, so I'm guessing they'll be male.

All I need now is one Yulebuck and then I'm done. I'll still be missing one Ribbon Dancer and one Winter Magi, but that's okay. :D

3 minutes ago, Aie said:

And what about Hollies, will there be both males and females?

Both of my Hollies are unable to be influenced and precog as male.

8 minutes ago, Tiki G said:

Both of my Hollies are unable to be influenced and precog as male.

This is horrible. There ARE some CB female Hollies in existence:/ Also I find it strange Holly has only written "unavailable" when all the rest have "unavailable for breed", looks like a bug. 

Edited by MhKhu

1 minute ago, MhKhu said:

This is horrible. There ARE some CB female Hollies in existence:/

I wouldn't say horrible. That is how they were originally released, and how all other CB Holidays work (-Halloween) Only HM winners in past raffles have females. :)

Just now, Tiki G said:

I wouldn't say horrible. That is how they were originally released, and how all other CB Holidays work (-Halloween) Only HM winners in past raffles have females. :)

Which is unfair since you can't ask for such a prize anymore while there are quite a few CB female Hollies...

@cbussiere I'm attached to my original CBs, so I think I'm gonna wait with the plan until today's CBs start growing up. Don't want to release my originals for nothing. Also prefer pink wings, but I would like to have both CBs for lineage purposes.

Aaaaand, I need just one more holly, and I'm done for the next two days :D And I'd also have two cbs of every Christmas breed, finally.

1 minute ago, MhKhu said:

Which is unfair since you can't ask for such a prize anymore while there are quite a few CB female Hollies...

Yeah, and I think that's nice that the winners still have something special about their prize, along with the custom code of course.

I am just happy that I, and everyone else, can finally own a CB Holly. The only CB dragon I was missing from my scroll!:D

1 minute ago, Tiki G said:

Yeah, and I think that's nice that the winners still have something special about their prize, along with the custom code of course.

why past winners are and should remain so much better than current anyway? they had both the breed choice here and a code choice and an unlikely gender, now you cant' have any of these, even influence your hard-caught random-code holly into female. 

Any ideas on why I can nab any of last years holiday dragon in the holiday biome?  When I click it says I'm maxed out at the two I got last year....

I am happy for what I am given now, too. Yay for all the CBs!  :D

But yes, female CB Hollies, male CB Mistletoes and CB Hybrids / Alts are impossible to be acquired at the moment.

With TJ rolling everything back up recently, however, I wouldn't be surprised if we get a way to achieve those special dragons at some point.

3 minutes ago, dark_kitsune said:

Any ideas on why I can nab any of last years holiday dragon in the holiday biome?  When I click it says I'm maxed out at the two I got last year....

Because the limit still remains. You can only have two of every CB Christmas/Valentine's Dragons.

After 5 hours of camping, I caught 1 Winter Magi and 1 Wrapping Wing. Absolutely ZERO luck on the older ones.

I wouldn't want to know how this would go if limits were lifted. :dry: