TJ09

2017-12-18 - Holiday Event Schedule

Got it, thank you!

Edited by Sansa

Seriously, does anyone know how to fix the 1 second flicker to a white theme-less screen then it pops to the theme everytime I hit f5? I can't really click on eggs when it does that.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS, FOLKS!

So far, managed to grab myself the Solstice pair, the Winter Magi pair, the Snow Angel pair and a Ribbon Dancer, whilst still keeping a slot open for an expected delivery. :)

All I need now is 2 Hollies, 1 Ribbon Dancer, 2 Yulebucks and 2 Wrapping Wings. Thankfully I got the holidays for '14, '15 and '16, so no need to worry about those :)

Someone very graciously caught 2 CB Hollys for me and they're going to hatch them for me out of the kindness of their heart (without anything in return)... I am beyond words. Kind people make this world go round. :wub:

I am looking forward to having two CB hollies on my scroll so far no luck catching them but there is time, if time starts running short then I may ask for help, after all almost everyone wants Hollies and while limited to two, there may not be enough for everyone to go around this year.

Oh! I was wrong! Got two Snow Angels and a Frost on my phone that last drop. Just two more egg slots to fill with CBs and then I'm locked for ten hours.

ETA: and that's me locked with my second Frost and a Ribbon Dancer. Ahhhh, this is so exciting. Hoping to get my Yulebucks this afternoon - the overrated Holly can wait!

Edited by LibbyLishly

Got my two CB Hollies with ease by speed clicking on an hourly drop. Yay, so awesome!

But in my joy I didn't pay enough attention to breeding times and messed up all my Solstice lineages. That's what I get for using the Blackout skin and not seeing the little day symbol. Blue wings all around, destroying perfect rosy winged 3rd and 4th gen checkers. *sigh*  Well, next year again then.

Edited by HPhaeton

38 minutes ago, Sansa said:

I'm sorry if that has been dicussed somewhere in the previous pages, but why the CB Hollies can't be influenced? Precognition said that the one I caught will be male, but it's not available for influence. What gender will be yours? Only males, only females, both?

The original CB Hollies were all male. The only CB female Hollies are the ones won as HM prizes. These apparently are going back to the original.

Congrats to all who have been able to catch or be gifted the cb dragons they need. Hopefully, it gets easier as time goes on for those of us who haven't yet. :3

Edited by Jazeki
Typo

and now we are starting to see the bad side to keeping the limits in place. 8 hours after the event has started and snow dragons are now slowly blocking the biome because no one can pick them up

Wow, I've been hunting CB hollies for 3 hours straight and then somehow manage to catch two in the same drop! With these two and a pair of Snow Angels and Yulebucks each, I am done.

Big thanks for allowing us to catch our missing CB holidays, I'll love 'em for the rest of my DC playing days! <3

Managed to grab one Yulebuck at the top of the hour, even with my poor phone signal. Just one more of those and two hollies to go.

Already frustrated to the bones due to unsuccessful hunting, I am absolutely willing to take it all easy, but my will collides heavily with my impatient nature lol :P

Considering these new CB Hollies are sticking to the original gender, I assume CB Solstices will stick to their original rosy wings too regardless of time... do we have any confirmation if this is true though?

Also any word on CB Mistletoe's and their gender, seeing as they're not influence-able but have pre-cog'd male in some cases?

Edited by bluesonic1

37 minutes ago, Riverwillows said:

Seriously, does anyone know how to fix the 1 second flicker to a white theme-less screen then it pops to the theme everytime I hit f5? I can't really click on eggs when it does that.

When you say 'theme', do you mean the background picture? If so, maybe you can try switching to the St Pat skin, and/or disabling images? (or did I completely fail to understand your problem...?)

yeah, the background theme. And I was on St. Pats. It seems to be connected to the page style set up. It's weird, cause if I have page style selected, that's when it flickers for a second between the no page style and the page style, every time I refresh the page.

So, I've got a few questions.

I've scanned throughout this thread and understand that Hollies and Misletoes cannot be influenced since they'll just become the gender they were originally assigned to in the cave. However, I've seen some people mention that they've precog'd some eggs and found them to be the opposite gender. Is that a glitch? Or is it that some people will be lucky enough to get the opposite gender?

I'm also curious about Solstice dragons. Will CB eggs still grow into the Rosy version? Or will they grow into the Blue version if caught at the correct time? I have two CB Rosys, but I'd love to have a CB Blue if they're available.

I guess to sum it up: are dragons going to stick to the way they were when CB, or can we get different genders/ variations depending on certain circumstances? 

Sorry if these were already answered; I'm just curious. Any answer would be appreciated if anyone knows.  ^-^

And good luck with everyone hunting! I know everyone wants the ones they missed, especially the Hollies, but please don't stress yourselves! Enjoy this beautiful and wonderful time of year! <3

2 minutes ago, Riverwillows said:

yeah, the background theme. And I was on St. Pats. It seems to be connected to the page style set up. It's weird, cause if I have page style selected, that's when it flickers for a second between the no page style and the page style, every time I refresh the page.

Huh. Then maybe switch syles off completely? It won't be pretty, but it might help. I sometimes do that when my Internet speed is particularly bad. :-/

Well, I haven't caught a Holly yet, but I just traded for one! My scroll is finally conplete :D

Finally got a CB Holly! Scroll locked for now with CB seasonals. Still need another Holly, Snow Angel, Magi, and Yulebuck. 

I was finally able to catch 2 hollies and a yule after 5 hours of frustration. I switched to my husband's much faster laptop and had all 3 within 30 minutes.

Yay! Holiday Biome! Though the only ones I'm eligible for are CB Hollies. I've seen plenty but not been able to catch any yet. I'll keep trying though. I'm glad to see people are getting them though. The population of CB Hollies was getting dangerously low.

There may be a limit on grabbing CB Holidays from the past - but I'm still having the worst luck on getting Holly and Yulebuck XD

Ah well, I've got some nice 2nd+ gen of those anyway so I'm not too mad.

Can't wait to see what the event this year is - and what this year's dragon looks like (We need a pine tree - we've got holly and mistletoe, needs more Holiday foliage!)