TJ09

2017-12-18 - Holiday Event Schedule

19 minutes ago, Dame_Jedi said:

Been doing exactly that for the last 4 hours and 20 minutes and barely got the Holly, after 4 full hours. So that only works if you have the fastest internet. 

mine isn't fast at all, actually, - usually we complain how slow it is here at work, as 15 people have all computer use via Internet from head office in another country (I'm in Central Europe)

but I'm using google chrome, not Internet Explorer - maybe that helps as well

A few CB Holiday Egg Catching Tips for those on PC's (mainly for Hollies/Yules, I know, since a lot of us already have the limit on the rest):

1. Go to DC Account settings; change skin to St. Patrick's Day (it's probably the fastest to load/reload out of all of them.)

2. Turn off Javascript; I dunno about other browsers, you'll have to look it up, but in Firefox nowadays, unless you've got an add-on that can do it for you, the manual way is to input about:config in Navigation toolbar, then input javascript.enabled into the search bar, and toggle it from true to false (Don't forget to turn this back on when you're done, & don't fret if the warning message pops up - just don't touch anything other than what's listed here if you're nervous about it.)

3. Turn off images; same deal - input about:config in Navigation toolbar, then input permissions.default.image in the search bar, then toggle from 1 to 2.  (Again, don't forget to turn it back on!)  Things should move faster now, even if you've not got a super-fast connection.

4. We all probably figured this bit out already, but for the sake of completeness: In the Holiday biome, hover pointer over one egg spot & don't move it (I put mine all the way to right.  A mouse works better than a touchpad, at least for me.)  When 5 min. drop starts (watch your clock down to the second), click like crazy with one hand while steadily refreshing the page with the other.  If your browser settings don't already automatically open your clicked links in a new tab without switching to it immediately, either adjust those settings if preferred (& possible) or go manual & hold down the CTRL button while repeatedly clicking the R button so your clicks open in new tabs & you don't page away from the Holiday biome.  Otherwise just maul the F5 button.

Hope this helps someone, going to bed now, goodnight all!desismileys_3542.gif

Hurrah!  Managed to grab 2 CB Yules, 2 CB Ribbon Dancers, 1 CB Snow Angel.  Now, need to keep the others open for bred trades, etc...  But now I have hope that kin the coming week, I can maaaybe grab that other Snow Angel and 2 CB Hollies!  <3 

Now comes the frustrating, waiting-to-hatch part...  :P

Dang don't people sleep?! I can't catch a single holly. :( 5am and still around 200 people. Let night shift folks have a crack at them too. XD

At least I got my wrapping wings, though I hope to trade them for z codes when they're teleportable.

Or I guess I could see what people want to trade them for, got a few nice things on my scroll.

Edited by zaverxi

Between trades and the new Holiday biome I'm egg-locked and haven't even got half the dragons I need

20 minutes ago, zaverxi said:

Dang don't people sleep?! I can't catch a single holly. :( 5am and still around 200 people. Let night shift folks have a crack at them too. XD

At least I got my wrapping wings, though I hope to trade them for z codes when they're teleportable.

Or I guess I could see what people want to trade them for, got a few nice things on my scroll.

I'm here in Central Europe, it's almost lunch time...

21 minutes ago, zaverxi said:

Time zones...

Here in the UK it is 10.30am.

I'm really grateful for the holiday biome. It provides a chance that I may get my one missing cb Yulebuck (caught only one in the year of their first release) and my share of cb Hollies. ;) As of now (trying for a couple of hours) my hunt hasn't been successful. Nonetheless: thanks TJ for the opportunity to get past holiday dragons "caveborn".

Hopefully it'll be a little less laggy as the day goes on. My phone froze up and I missed the drop completely.

Got my fill for now, 2x Holly, 1x Yule, 2x Angel, 2x Dancer, 1x Magi. I'll just need one more Yule when they hatch. Good luck y'all, you can do it.

I caught all the CB Holidays I needed. (1 Snow Angel, 2 Yulebucks, 2 Hollies.) I didn't expect to get them all today... I'm rather happy. :D  And locked with the 5 CBs, 2 pretty AP finds, and one thing I bred for keeping. I guess it's time for real life now...

Still struggling here but my phone signal is pretty rubbish so not too surprised.

By the weekend I expect we will all be seeing the biome blocked with hollies because everyone has their share.

Everytime I see a dang holly its gone before I can even register its a holly! Christ guys I HAVE to read the descriptions because otherwise id miss half the drop on my cellphone hitting the back button!

Please wait half a breath to click so I can actually have a chance as I dont have a dang computer and I'm not the only one!

I'm convinced that cb hollies are a myth for me. I doubt I'll be able to catch one before they're gone.

Ah, thank you so much for re-releasing past Holiday dragons :3 Will be great to finally have CB Solstice/Aegis of my own ♥ 

Now if I can actually manage to grab any...

Edited by Natakiro

hmmm....when I click f5, I get for a split second a wide, theme-less white screen, then the theme pops on. This prevents me from spamming one egg image with f5, and affects my ability to grab eggs quickly. How do I stop this?

Wooooooo those drops are going fast. I don't expect I'll be able to catch anything on my phone; not this early in the event.  Fortunately I have a desktop that I can use.

I'm sure by tomorrow or the next day we'll all be growling about how the Holiday biome refuses to move. :D

*sighs* I am beyond the point of being livid. I saw at least ten Hollies in the last five minute drop and didn't catch a single one

No CB Hollies caught here, either, but i'm glad to have caught a good share of CB holidays I felt miserable in missing out on, previously. :) 

1x Yulebuck

1x Snow Angel

2x Ribbon Dancers

2x Winter Magis - I just missed out on these when I joined on 4 Jan 2012

1x 2x Wrapping Wing - I missed these on my hiatus ;-;

Thanks for the re-release, TJ. :) 

Edited by lovecats99

I think I will have to wait awhile to even try hunting the holiday biome. I spent the whole hourly drop watching the page try to load. I think I saw all the way of two refreshes. Time to go hunt in the AP. I only need to save two slots for Hollies. ;)

I wonder what kind of new dragon we'll have this year?

I remember speculating about a Poinsettia dragon last year. Then, I got the idea about some kind of singing or bell-themed dragon. :) Music is after all a big part of most holidays - a distinct yet neutral enough theme.  

I'm sorry if that has been dicussed somewhere in the previous pages, but why the CB Hollies can't be influenced? Precognition said that the one I caught will be male, but it's not available for influence. What gender will be yours? Only males, only females, both?

Female CB hollies were only available as HM prizes, the original CB Hollies were all male ;)