TJ09

2017-12-18 - Holiday Event Schedule

i managed 2 2010 / ribbons ones, 1 2011 (aegis?) and 1 2009 (snow angel?). 

still need at least 1 yulebuck and 1 holly to have 1 CB of every christmas dragon

It took me a while but I've finally managed to snag some old CBs! I have 2 Mistletoes, a Solstice, and a Winter Magi so far.

Already seeing Frost (2016) dragons sitting in the biome for a bit. Kind of worries me. This isn't like Halloween where even the most recent releases will be picked up due to unlimited limits, so maybe there needs to be a reduction in 2016 eggs dropping. I'm thinking we will be seeing a blocked, unmoving biome rather quickly otherwise.

Just now, Nine said:

Already seeing Frost (2016) dragons sitting in the biome for a bit. Kind of worries me. This isn't like Halloween where even the most recent releases will be picked up due to unlimited limits, so maybe there needs to be a reduction in 2016 eggs dropping. I'm thinking we will be seeing a blocked, unmoving biome rather quickly otherwise.

And then NO one will get any hollies. :(

It is late at night for people, but that is what I assumed would start to happen. If Hollies are the reason for limits, Hollies should have been the only limited breed.

I've managed to pick up 3 that I was missing and 2 of my kids got 1 each. Still no Hollies for any of us, but all I can do is keep trying.

Thank you for the Holidays biome, @TJ09! I'm so glad you kept the limits, it means those of us with slower connections (or just slower movement) actually have a chance. I'm hoping it's an every few years thing, not an every year thing, although it would be nice if the limit was 4 next time around.

Edited by Skyal

yas! Filled up with new cbs that I needed, only have 3 more to go, one yule and two hollies :3

4 minutes ago, Nine said:

I was thinking that maybe untaken eggs could be discarded prior to the 5 minute drop like they are for the one hour drop

What would be nice is to have a 30 min total drop of only Hollies, that way, almost everyone would be able to get the 2 limit. Say, there are 900 people online, and some already have reached the Holly limit, then all online will get the Hollies and give the later people a better chance to get them. But that will never happen. 

sigh. I'm just not going to be fast enough for hollies this year. Bad year for my hands. By the time it slows to where I can grab, it will probably be blocked with other types.

Wow! That was easier than I thought. Got my two CB Holly and two CB Yulebuck that were missing. 

Thank you TJ and everybody involved!

People, just have an exact clock ready and click click on every single egg that appears at the five minute drops, no matter what the description says. Keep a finger on ctrl, click on the far right egg just once, press r, click on the far right egg and so on, always with ctrl pressed.
A whole load of windows will open, but if you are at the limit for one breed your scroll can't get blocked, so off you go for the whole drop. I got my 4 CBs I needed in one hourly drop AFTER the first minute lag.

Edited by lilysally

Clicked 20 times (I know this because it opens another tab for me to check out the egg) trying to grab an egg and each page told me it was already taken. Wow.

It took 4 hours and hundreds of eggs, but I finally got my CB Holly! What a nice birthday present, now I can go to sleep and wake up in 2 hours to go to work XD.

33 minutes ago, Dame_Jedi said:

What would be nice is to have a 30 min total drop of only Hollies, that way, almost everyone would be able to get the 2 limit. Say, there are 900 people online, and some already have reached the Holly limit, then all online will get the Hollies and give the later people a better chance to get them. But that will never happen. 

I support this, totally. Everyone's here for the Hollies.

I needed 4 breeds at midnight tonight.

Now I have my pair of the 2012-2014 holidays....still lacking hollies which go stupid quick :(

Of course everyonw giving advice on catching is apparently under the assumption that EVERYONE is on a computer.

Nope...I'm on my fastest device...my Samsung Galaxy Express 3 ...so yeah no being able to ctrl click eveeytging into a new tab! Thank GOD TJ added a back arrow on the get page so its quicker to return to the biome then having to use the back button my phone supplies (as its so much further away from the eggs.

35 minutes ago, lilysally said:

Wow! That was easier than I thought. Got my two CB Holly and two CB Yulebuck that were missing. 

Thank you TJ and everybody involved!

People, just have an exact clock ready and click click on every single egg that appears at the five minute drops, no matter what the description says. Keep a finger on ctrl, click on the far right egg just once, press r, click on the far right egg and so on, always with ctrl pressed.
A whole load of windows will open, but if you are at the limit for one breed your scroll can't get blocked, so off you go for the whole drop. I got my 4 CBs I needed in one hourly drop AFTER the first minute lag.

Been doing exactly that for the last 4 hours and 20 minutes and barely got the Holly, after 4 full hours. So that only works if you have the fastest internet. 

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! I got my two Hollies finally after too many years! I don't have the fastest internet but using my new desktop computer was a lot faster than my tablet or my laptop. 

Edited by RagaDal

Slow day at the office so I am stalking the cave while I can. 

Is also thankful for the back button. 

I am hopeful of getting my Holly and Yulebucks at some point, though catching on my phone is something I am not used to at all.