TJ09

2017-12-18 - Holiday Event Schedule

Holiday Dragon Breeding

Past holiday dragons will be breedable for a seven day period from December 19 at 00:00 EST to December 25 at 23:59 EST. During this time, past holiday dragons will breed their own offspring and have the potential for breeding multiple eggs (though you will only be able to keep one per pairing).

A special Holiday biome will be available during this same time period. In this biome, past holiday eggs will be available (similar to Halloween). Past limits on cave-based Holiday eggs still apply (the breed limits help page will update with Holiday dragons during this time to help clarify).

New Holiday Dragon

A new holiday dragon will be available starting at 00:00 EST on 12/25. It will drop for exactly three days; after this time it will no longer be available from the cave. There will be a limit of two of these eggs from the cave.

Holiday Event

A unique holiday event will begin on 12/25 at 00:00 EST (the same time as the new dragon), and will run for twelve days. New content will be made available periodically during the event, though there will be no specific rewards for participating on each day.

Glad to see that the limit will stick around for this year. (And that we're getting another re-release, of course. I'll finally be able to get those five Holly pairs missing from my project line!)

Edited by 11th

A very merry DC Christmas time to all of you !

And especially to our lovely Santa TJ !

Many, many thanks for bringing back the old caveborns, it's a very special Christmas present ! (Edit: And, as 11th said, many thanks as well for keeping the/a limit !!)

Now off to juggle breeding and CB catching...

Edited by Lantean_Pegasus

Oh my god that is awesome! I can finally get CB holidays I missed. Thank you!!!

EDIT:

Forgot to add, I am 110% in favour of not lifting the limits on Xmas dragons, thank you so much for giving us a chance to actually get some of these dragons this year, limits are my only hope to even *try to* catch a holly.

Edited by Amaterasu-sama

YEEEESSSSSS Holiday biome!!!!!!!!!! *dances*

Question, though, if we release a CB holiday do we get that slot back? I'd like to release a few frozen CBs and get a new-2nd from the biome, but will that work? I don't want to release them if I can't get more.

"Past limits on cave-based Holiday eggs still apply (the breed limits help page will update with Holiday dragons during this time to help clarify)."

I'm super confused lol, so just need clarification. I have 0 (I think 0) CB Holly's currently. Does this mean that with the Holiday Biome, I will only be allowed 2 CB Holly's? And if I already have 2 CB Snow Angel's, does this mean that I am not allowed anymore from the Holiday Biome? As the thing says "cave-based holiday eggs", to me, the Holiday Biome means those are cave based. So yes, I'm just a tad confused and would like some official clarification please!

Oh boy, not upping the CB holiday limit at all is going to make it really hard for the 10000 of us needing CB Hollys. 

I don't know if it's just me, but I just got a refusal breeding a Radiant Angel x Solstice pair. It seems the cave wasn't ready for Christmas yet when I bred (after reading and posting here). (screenshot proof)

I hope the dragons will be set back to breedable, but everyone should wait a little before breeding, I guess.

Edit: That was just me messing up the dates. Very sorry for posting such confusion !

Edited by Lantean_Pegasus

@PhoenixEterna Yup, you will be allowed only 2 CB Hollies (but still unlimited bred ones). If you have 2 CB of a holiday breed you won't be able to get any CBs of that breed from the biome.

I'd think the limit staying the same would make it easier to get the CB Hollies, since each person can only have 2 at most, so there will be more people able to get them instead of some people grabbing tons of them.

@Lantean_Pegasus: The post says it starts the 19th. This is only the 18th. It will start at midnight tonight.

Edited by Marie19R

Just now, Lantean_Pegasus said:

I don't know if it's just me, but I just got a refusal breeding a Radiant Angel x Solstice pair. It seems the cave wasn't ready for Christmas yet when I bred (after reading and posting here).

I hope the dragons will be set back to breedable, but everyone should wait a little before breeding, I guess.

It's not December 19 yet, this is just an announcement of the event that will start tomorrow.

Hmm, cool.

Really glad that limits are still there. It will be nice to have no rush or worry over being able to grab a CB Magi and Snow Angel pair (along with Holly).

Edited by Condorflight

@Marie19R Thank you for clarifying, though, bah..would have liked a few more CB's of a few, such as the Snow Angel's. More to get the other wing colors, though, that is also a scroll locked feature! So it would not have mattered anyway! XD

Perhaps, in the future, that can be a thing. Allowing the obtaining of other patterns for the Snow Angel's, though, I do not think it will be coupled with obtaining them as CB's either, bummer! But just having the other patterns would be nice anyway!

4 minutes ago, stardust13 said:

Oh boy, not upping the CB holiday limit at all is going to make it really hard for the 10000 of us needing CB Hollys. 

Won't the limit make it easier for more people to get CB Hollies? Because those who already have two can't catch more.

I suppose it will be difficult to catch them anyway, but I'm hoping... And if I don't get them this year then maybe next year if the Holiday biome returns (and I see no reason why it shouldn't). I will catch my own CB Yulebuck(s) this year though. :D

NEW QUESTION! Sadly, one of my CB Aegis got sick and died :/ which I'm quite unhappy about. Does that mean that that slot is taken, since I did technically get two? Or is one of the slots open since one of them died?

I don't think so Phoenix. I would imagine it is 2 grown/frozen currently on your scroll. Though, honestly, I have no idea.

Edited by Condorflight

2 minutes ago, Confused Cat said:

Won't the limit make it easier for more people to get CB Hollies? Because those who already have two can't catch more.

I suppose it will be difficult to catch them anyway, but I'm hoping... And if I don't get them this year then maybe next year if the Holiday biome returns (and I see no reason why it shouldn't). I will catch my own CB Yulebuck(s) this year though. :D

I'm expecting, actually, that the biome will hardly move cause of the limit. If the limit is kept next year, that'll be certainly so. Might be quite slow to reveal CB Hollies if so.

Thank you for the chance to get a CB Holly!
I predict they will be close to impossible to get for me, but we'll see. :)