AngelusMicheal

Death Glitch?

like others .. have had deaths to healthy eggs  :o:(

my second LH in less than 2 days ... the first deaths due to sickness since May 2014 !!!

and I have never had to hide 7 eggs ever at one time !!!

but here is something else weird ... neither of the dead eggs added to the total count !!

and the second one was lost in less than 3 hours  ( while I was sleeping )  and it was fogged !!

Eggs and hatchies that die from sickness (or running out of time) do not count towards scroll limits.

4 minutes ago, Amazon_warrior said:

Eggs and hatchies that die from sickness (or running out of time) do not count towards scroll limits.

okay, thank you

.has been so long since there were  any deaths ..  I forgot

the second LH lost happened mere hours ago ..

BUT the count was low for both ..

7 minutes ago, orphaned said:

okay, thank you

.has been so long since there were  any deaths ..  I forgot

the second LH lost happened mere hours ago ..

BUT the count was low for both ..

Sorry to say, but those were pretty high unique views (UVs) for comparatively young eggs.  :(

Those two had really high UVs for one-day-old eggs.

Oh, :ph34r:'d

Edited by Ruby Eyes

If they have too many views, even fogging won't save them, sadly.  If you have any White dragons, you could use the Ward action on any other sick eggs you might have - although it only lasts for 6h.

I had an egg that I added at 4d 1h it got sick pretty much as soon as it hatched. I then instantly fogged it, but even after being fogged at 1200+UV it stayed sick. It was a trade I owed someone and I alerted them to the problem. To be perfectly honest I think it's a minor miracle for the hatchie to have survived so far - it was at over 5 k views and over 1200 UVs when I fogged it shortly after hatching. 

I removed all my eggs from EATW but this really REALLY took me by surprise. It's been ages since this sort of thing happened to me. 

Thanks ext for working on that, nice to see you alive!

EDIT: threw 5 eggs in EATW for less than 1 min (No ER, just priority), one got instantly sick after suddenly having 1k views, the others have 800 or 600 view, that is insane for ONE SINGLE MINUTE! (look at my scroll, all eggs i have were used)

Edited by Yubelchen

1 hour ago, Yubelchen said:

Thanks ext for working on that, nice to see you alive!

EDIT: threw 5 eggs in EATW for less than 1 min (No ER, just priority), one got instantly sick after suddenly having 1k views, the others have 800 or 600 view, that is insane for ONE SINGLE MINUTE! (look at my scroll, all eggs i have were used)

Wow! Even now, or was that from yesterday?

My olive is finally not sick. It is at 5d 2h, so I won't even try to check it until tomorrow night.

Considering how EATW works, with its signature rotators, I wonder if there's some Sig rotators on a website that's being DDOS'd?

@PrincessLucy

I did it just before i posted, just wanted to try getting my eggs some views so they hatch once they fall below 4d so i dont need to give them any more views and are under observation if anything went wrong. So around an hour ago, i put them in and took them off almost immediatly after seeing my red firegem got over 1k and soon after that was sick, it is INSANE!

Took all off after that and hid the firegem, i´m seriously not joking!

Whoa, two of my hatchlings with 4d 1h left got sick? And I only put them up on EATW.

The unique views are pretty high, though, 2.3k is a bit much, with a V:UV ratio of less than 4:1. That's insane.

EatW says "1158 users online" which is about 10 times as much as usual. It may take a while before Ext3h can make the site work with this.

36 minutes ago, Dragon_Arbock said:

Considering how EATW works, with its signature rotators, I wonder if there's some Sig rotators on a website that's being DDOS'd?

The site owner said "Looks like someone tried to be extra helpful and added the whole EATW site into a visitor exchange site."  Which would explain the massive number of views and the near 1:1 V to UV ratio

42 minutes ago, Yubelchen said:

@PrincessLucy

I did it just before i posted, just wanted to try getting my eggs some views so they hatch once they fall below 4d so i dont need to give them any more views and are under observation if anything went wrong. So around an hour ago, i put them in and took them off almost immediatly after seeing my red firegem got over 1k and soon after that was sick, it is INSANE!

Took all off after that and hid the firegem, i´m seriously not joking!

Wow! I guess EATW is off my click site list for the near future. I was hoping that the issue had been stopped.

Unfortunately, the less eggs/hatchlings on EATW, the more views the ones on there get, as there isn't much of a rotation.

Just now, Imzadi said:

I can't give you any specific sites, since I don't know any, but as I understand it, if the entire EATW site was entered into a large one with a ton of "visitors" on at any given time, then eggs/hatchies would accumulate views very quickly.

Though it isn't the same thing, think of having your  eggs in a signature on a football chat on Superbowl Sunday...and you chat a lot

Alright, I've been playing around with it, putting inuc-hatchible (non-prize) eggs with 0 views into EATW. It will hatch them literally in a matter of seconds. If you then take it out as soon as it's hatched, it won't get sick. (tired this 10 times with the same results). While I'm still annoyed at the loss of my eggs, EATW has basically become an almost instant hatch machine for anything below four days and could be useful if you're VERY careful. 

Such mixed feeling about it, lol :blink:

Edited by AngelusMicheal

Sounds like it would be perfect for neglecteds, but doubt the issue with the hatchery will last long enough to try it.

6 minutes ago, Dragon_Arbock said:

Sounds like it would be perfect for neglecteds, but doubt the issue with the hatchery will last long enough to try it.

I was curious about that myself. Sadly all the eggs I tested it on were between 2 days and 3 days 23 hours. So I guess they weren't  low enough time to produce a Neg. But I'd love to know if anyone tests it out successfully and gets one.

Good luck to anyone who tires!

Edited by AngelusMicheal

No, the egg would just hatch, I got an extreme ER egg out of the AP yesterday. I had noticed an issue with my egg/hatchies getting sick so been watching them closely. Did not know for sure if it was EATW or not. But I put the ER egg into EATW with no views at all and in just seconds it was hatched, before I could even get it into another click site. When I looked at it because it hatched...it already had over 300 OV and UV both, and was sick...I refreshed a few times and it jumped up to over 1000 UV and got fogged...it is doing ok today.

If something doesnt change...a lot of CB Xmas eggs will prolly die...I hate to think of dead CB Hollys and Yulebucks. Those dead CB Xmas eggs will count towards the 2 CB scroll limit for the rest of this Xmas season. So players who lose Xmas egg to this will not be able to get replacement ones till next year. Dead Holidays will take 2 weeks to disappear from the scroll so they still count as a CB holiday.

Just found a Test egg in the AP

CB scimitar wing egg...with...1 day, 3 hours  2  2 1 added at 7:34:00

hatched at 7:34:45 with 226  222  2

now at 7:38:17 at 2,346  975  2

fogging it for safety

OK I am annoyed now, just went and removed everything from EATW and will not use it till it is fixed. I had a 3rd gen prize egg in there and it got sick hours ago, and I saw it and fogged it. It has been not sick and was fogged for several hours and it just now up and died in the fog. I have played DC since 2008 and have never seen anything so crazy, nor have I ever lost anything in the fog that was not sick.

My now dead 3rd gen Tinsel

Edited by Zylara