AngelusMicheal

Death Glitch?

I think there have been issues on EATW for maybe a week.  I think a week ago I visited there and there were over 250 visitors and (even odder) less than 100 dragons.  Of course, normally there is less than 50 visitors at any given time; even during holidays/new releases there's only about 100.  Since I only put my stuff in hatcheries once it's ER anyway, it's honestly been great to have stuff hatch/adult within a few minutes.   Haven't had any problems with sickness.  I guess I'm just lucky?

[Sorry to anyone who experienced losses.]

update: I personally wouldn't mind if the high numbers stay through the holiday week; during this last Halloween it would often take 12+ hours for an ER egg to get enough views to hatch.  I know that Halloween has a lot more eggs due to a bigger breeding pool, but I expect there may still be some hatchery overloading.  Like I mentioned above, even during holidays, there's generally only 100-150 people to give views to EATW.

Edited by Cielmuir

18 minutes ago, Cielmuir said:

update: I personally wouldn't mind if the high numbers stay through the holiday week; during this last Halloween it would often take 12+ hours for an ER egg to get enough views to hatch.  I know that Halloween has a lot more eggs due to a bigger breeding pool, but I expect there may still be some hatchery overloading.  Like I mentioned above, even during holidays, there's generally only 100-150 people to give views to EATW.

The thing is, an  egg went into EATW with just over a day left. It went from 2-2-1 views to 226-222-2 in 45 seconds.  As the owner posted, there is something really messed up...I hope no one is unlucky enough to use it for an irreplaceable XMAS eggs.

@Ext3h It might be a good idea to post some sort of warning on the update scroll page until this thing gets resolved.

Sorry to all who lost eggs or hatchlings. At least we know that there is an issue, but I would strongly suggest that you fog everything on your scroll unless it is necessary to have it unfogged.

Just imagine that you or I catch a CB Holly. Any jealous, vindictive person who knows about the EATW issues can "help" and kill it in minutes. Even if your scroll name is not visible on the egg, they may just poke around in the forums and stumble across you.

I've had two die in two days.  Each of them was posted only at EATW.  I have never had even one egg die of sickness before now, and I've been playing since 2008.  Clearly, something is different.

Edited by free_of_whip

Is eatw the only problem, though? I checked on my dragons tonight to find THREE dead eggs. 😡 I had a few hatchlings that were sick, even though I wasn’t doing anything different than usual. I fogged them, and  nearly 24 hours later, I’ve STILL got 2 sick hatchlings. I don’t remember ever having anything stay sick that long.

What hatcheries do you use, Cindy? The only one we've heard of having trouble lately was EATW, but it could happen to another hatch site. Sorry about your dead eggs though, I hope your hatchlings heal soon!

I noticed I had some sick hatchies yesterday and couldn't figure out why. Wow. That's terrible.

Glad someone's on the case. Super bummed my caveborn white zyumorph died, though. :( And I've never had any eggs with softshell before.

:( I wish I had seen this topic an hour ago. I don't think I've even had an egg die from sickness before today. RIP CB copper and cool-code PB dark myst, and good luck to a couple of other eggs that are sick and fogged right now. I checked my scroll shortly after adding the eggs because I expected traffic to be higher due to the holiday, and found them sick.

So, I "warded" the two eggs that were sick, but not dead yet. I've never used it before, and I was inactive on DC when this BSA was rolled out. When the 6-hour time period is up, is it possible that they will just automatically die? 

It is possible, I'm afraid. But with luck you will save them.  Good luck.

Quick comment that for NDs the egg must be so low time it's literally at death's door. Don't think I can specify any further tho, sorry! I can say that 1 day is way too much time though.

ETA: Aldo glad I saw this. Prolly gonna put my holidays in for like... 1 min to viewboost and then out though. If they're under hatch time they should hopefully be ok with just a minute.

Edited by DuskOfTheStars

Just want to confirm that EATW is still getting insane views. I put some messy lined holiday eggs (that I didn't mind losing) in about 10 minutes ago and they have over 1,000UVs. If you want your eggs not to die, don't put them in. On the other hand, great opportunity for ND makers.

wow, good to see this topic, but too late for my CB Yellow Zyumorph, that died minutes after hatching =(

36 minutes ago, tjenni said:

wow, good to see this topic, but too late for my CB Yellow Zyumorph, that died minutes after hatching =(

Rest in peace with my CB White Zyumorph with the neat code of (FILMS). Of all the eggies I've lost in the last few days from this, (FILMS) is the one I wish I could get back.

I actually wanted to kill my dragon hzsE7 with it... ofc it didn't even get sick and stopped getting views (at 1,239 UV)-_- why... of all the dragons people lost, this thing got some weird unwanted protection-_-

(adding to a few other hatcheries didn't help me kill it... wow, got a whole 1 more UV)

Edited by VixenDra

This is horribly upsetting. I wish I'd seen this. I just lost an egg in half an hour. And it was an egg I intentionally made sure it was not brand new to minimize its risk of getting sick.

2 hours ago, Sunfeathers said:

Just want to confirm that EATW is still getting insane views. I put some messy lined holiday eggs (that I didn't mind losing) in about 10 minutes ago and they have over 1,000UVs. If you want your eggs not to die, don't put them in. On the other hand, great opportunity for ND makers.

Would be more of an opportunity if it happened some time other than the holiday week so we could actually test it...

I have just had the same thing happen to 3 eggs that were hidden.

One was 2nd gen holly and 2 were CB  Xmas dragons.  The Holly had sat on the scroll for 24 odd hrs and the Xmas eggs were only on scroll a short time so I placed them on EATW.

Was only a short time after placing that I got the sick egg notice and immediately hid all 3.

Like a lot of the other posts above I have never had an egg die on me and if I have hid eggs before they have never died.

Is there anything that can be done as I cannot replace the 2nd gen Holly.

If we had done anything wrong I could understand eggs dying but we haven't.

I had a hatchi who died that I warded before sticking in the EATW ER and it hatched in a minute 30 seconds before fogging and it still died after Ward wore off 

I had two hatchlings die yesterday morning, and I was so confused since I never had any hatchlings die on me :(

I’m glad I found this topic because I would’ve been still wrapping my head around their deaths, and I would’ve put my Holiday eggs in there without realizing that was the cause.

Yeah, I've lost two CB Fire Gems (one an egg and one a 4 day old hatchie) due to what is happening on EATW. It hurts to lose Fire Gems most especially, since they are my favorite dragon breed.

Whoever is trying to "help" is still certainly doing so.

I'm sorry for all of you who lost eggs and hatchlings due to that attack, that was certainly never intended to happen.

I have just added a global limit to the number of open autoviewers. While the hatchery is still quite hot at the moment, this should at least get it down below the "deathly" levels, back to where the regular sickness protection starts working.

"Autoviewer paused - to many open autoviewers.
Will auto-restart as soon as possible."

Well, EATW is really broken now.