AngelusMicheal

Death Glitch?

Okay so I'm not sure if this should go here or not, but I couldn't seem to find anything on it anywhere, so here goes.

I had two of creatures die today and it blew mind. Here's why:

I haven't had an egg or hatchi die in years. I've been playing long enough to know on average how long it take one of my hatchies or eggs to die of sickness and I always fog them as soon as I see they've gotten sick. And sometimes it can take me 4 or 5 hours to notice or even a whole day, they stay sick that whole time without dying. I fog them until they're over it. So I can say with confidence that in my 7 years of playing I've never had an egg or hatchi die so quickly as today.

My first egg died this morning. I went to bed around 8 this morning and my egg was perfectly fine and down to less the 4 hours till it hatched. I woke around noon to find it dead. I was unhappy about this, but moved on, thinking that maybe someone had tossed it into one of the hatcheries with my knowledge or perhaps it had just received and abnormal about of clicks for some reason or another. 

https://dragcave.net/view/5QTnS

But when my second one died, I found that theory was hard to believe. I left my house at 4 to go to the store, and I made sure to check all my eggs we're healthy and where they should be click-wise. (I was double certain or this because of the paranoia cause by the first eggs death.) My egg had roughly an 1-2 hours left before it hatched. I was only gone about an hour and 45 min and came to find that my egg had hatched and then promptly died. https://dragcave.net/view/hsZCY

I was extremely upset. I've never had anything die so quickly ever.  Not even when I have an egg at 7 days and throw it into everyone of the hatcheries.

Is this a glitch? Or have I missed something? 

I am now constantly refreshing my page to make sure nothing has gotten sick in the 5 minutes I wasn't looking at.

And I know it's a long shot, but if there's anyway I can get them back if this is a glitch, I'd very much appreciate it. I tired to revive my hatchi, but of course that failed...

Thanks for your time.

AngelusMichael

Are you using EatW? It seems that hatchery itself is currently being viewbombed.

Yes I was. I've just removed all my eggs from it, will that fix the problem? I have some really rare eggs on my scroll right now and I'm super afraid of loosing them.

Edited by AngelusMicheal

Sorry about your eggs! That does seem a bit odd. I have had eggs survive many more views than that, but perhaps if they were attacked and got the views very quickly . . .? I don't know.

Yesterday I had two eggs get sick at 4d 2h or something like that, which I considered strange, especially since their views were only around 3000 or so. Fortunately I caught them in time and they are okay.

Ruby Eyes may be right about EATW. I had just placed those two eggs in that hatchery very shortly before they got sick.

I also noticed a glitch on the timer the other night (don't know it if might be related or not) but my eggs weren't hatching until their times were at 3 days and 21 hours or lower. As a result they all stayed in the ERs much longer than they normal would and all of them got sick, but thankfully I caught it and fogged them.

Edited by AngelusMicheal

I can confirm that EATW is getting viewbombed, i usually put my eggs in there when they hit 4d12h since i know that before 5d they will be sick to 100% when i put them in EATW.

Had my gold egg there when it hit 4d3h and it instantly became sick right after it hatched, had to fog it right away after seeing it and remove it from there. Now after hacthing it has 5d8h and over 4k views, over 450 unique views and 5 clicks.

That is abnormal for 4h as an egg and less than 1d as an hatchling in EATW

so better be careful about EATW for now

Edited by Yubelchen

34 minutes ago, AngelusMicheal said:

I also noticed a glitch on the timer the other night (don't know it if might be related or not) but my eggs weren't hatching until their times were at 3 days and 21 hours or lower. As a result they all stayed in the ERs much longer than they normal would and all of them got sick, but thankfully I caught it and fogged them.

Prizes and Zyumorphs, perchance? These are quite more stubborn than other eggs, especially when incubated. Avatars do the same thing.

Some, it happened with five different eggs. A gold Shim, a blue Zyu, a Gold, a Swallowtail, and I can't remember the other one but it wasn't one of the rares. One Of my friends said the same thing was happening to her that night too, but she didn't tell me what the dragons were.

They were all up to over 7000 clicks due to being in the ERs so long. 

Edited by AngelusMicheal

This is strange, I've seen a lot of people saying they've had dragons die recently, people that usually don't have that happen. It definitely seems like eatw is getting viewbombed or something, but I also wonder if something isn't going on site-wise? Looking at the linked dragons, a Striped-River and a Storm are not breeds that normally get sick that easily, especially with that relatively small stats, especially so close to hatching. I find that very strange.

2 minutes ago, Marie19R said:

This is strange, I've seen a lot of people saying they've had dragons die recently, people that usually don't have that happen. It definitely seems like eatw is getting viewbombed or something, but I also wonder if something isn't going on site-wise? Looking at the linked dragons, a Striped-River and a Storm are not breeds that normally get sick that easily, especially with that relatively small stats, especially so close to hatching. I find that very strange.

My point exactly. It threw me for a loop it was so unexpected. 

Well, it could be a problem since EATW didnt got updated since like forever, even after around 2-3 years before i came back just now, i still see the same eggs to be out into the Dragonmarket Request.

Might be that some error is now happening which should be fixed by the creator but...well, seems like he/she is gone

I've been dealing with a fair amount of sick eggs/hatchlings in the past few days (something that almost never happens to me), but it was definitely caused by EATW getting viewbombed. I just checked and there were over 700 "users" online (compared the 50 to 100 that I normally saw), so it's no wonder that sickness and deaths are happening. Definitely avoid EATW for a while. Sorry to hear about your losses though.

13 minutes ago, Terces said:

I've been dealing with a fair amount of sick eggs/hatchlings in the past few days (something that almost never happens to me), but it was definitely caused by EATW getting viewbombed. I just checked and there were over 700 "users" online (compared the 50 to 100 that I normally saw), so it's no wonder that sickness and deaths are happening. Definitely avoid EATW for a while. Sorry to hear about your losses though.

I'm just relieved it happened to a couple of the lessor eggs. It could have been much worse, not that I'm happy it happened at all....

Edited by AngelusMicheal

I have a few sick eggs that were on EATW. Luckily for me, it is my day off. Otherwise, I would have several dead eggs and hatchlings.

A couple of people in the DC Facebook group lost eggs too.

I can see that PrincessLucy, 15 hidden, damn, thats bad.

Something is seriously not fight, i hope the creator of EATW comes back to fix this or i will switch to a different site, i cant let eggs and hatchlings die (unless for zombie, ND & vamp reasons)

Edited by Yubelchen

19 minutes ago, Yubelchen said:

I can see that PrincessLucy, 15 hidden, damn, thats bad.

Something is seriously not fight, i hope the creator of EATW comes back to fix this or i will switch to a different site, i cant let eggs and hatchlings die (unless for zombie, ND & vamp reasons)

They weren't all sick, but I want to keep the rest of my scroll safe just in case. I think I had 5 sick, the rest were hatched and out of EATW at least a day ago.. Now only 3 are sick, but 1 is an egg with a pretty lineage and a great code that I traded for.

Hopefully this issue gets fixed and soon.  With Christmas breeding in just over a day, there will be a lot of very susceptible eggs out there. And the worst part is that a lot of people won't realize that there is something wrong with that click site until it is too late.

Edited by PrincessLucy

Just added some of mine on as well; all were incuhatchable except two, but those two only had a few hours left before hitting the 4 Day mark so I figured they'd be fine. Came back just a few minutes later and they were sick with over 3,000 views each. :unsure:

I use EATW world as well, it seems that's most likely the cause since everyone posting here is/ was using that site. Guess it'd be best to avoid that site for awhile.

And like PrincessLucy said, Christmas and Holiday Breeding is going to be here soon.  :(

I hope they get it fixed, and that people realize before they lose their eggs. I'm really sorry to hear about your eggs, AngelusMicheal. 

Gosh, why did this have to happen right before the holiday? :unsure:

I'm sorry for your egg losses, and I hope everyone has a chance to see this before the holiday gets rolling, or we're going to lose a lot of lineages and have a lot of upset people. :(

I added one egg that I didn't care about before fogging it to test. It gained over 200 views and unique views in a few minutes :o

Thanks for everyone helping with this! I really appreciate it! I was all bummed my eggs died, by but all of you taking the time to talk to me helped a lot, really made me feel better about it. 

I messaged the site owner. Maybe they will drop by....

Looks like someone tried to be extra helpful and added the whole EATW site into a visitor exchange site.

This has happened before, but not at this magnitude. If this continues, I will have to add counter measures to EATW tomorrow. Need some time to figure it out.

Unfortunately this can happen to any other hatchery as well, all of them turn into view bombing if someone adds them to a visitor exchange.