Loki.Dottir

We have only today to save Net Neutrality. (Sorry if this topic is inappropriate.)

Hey friends, I'm very very sorry if this is an inappropriate topic for this forum or anything like that. I'll accept it if it is and if anyone feels it's necessary to remove it or anything. 

Also, please no arguing over the topic. I cannot emphasize this enough.

I've become very concerned about Net Neutrality ending tomorrow. Not only for myself but also for close friends who may likely not be able to handle paying for their services and who I am helping through mental troubles over the internet. And we only have roughly 24 hours left to try to stop it, and I can't do very much on my own.

I'm just going to drop this link here. if you wish you may search for the issue and find another method of your choice. I don't know that this is the best website for supporting the cause, but it's a start at least. 

Thank you. 

https://www.battleforthenet.com/

This is only a symptom of a greater problem- big business has their hands in our government. Net Neutrality should be an issue the people vote on, not a bunch of corrupt 'representatives'. We're the ones who pay for and uses the services, after all.

1 minute ago, Dragon_Arbock said:

This is only a symptom of a greater problem- big business has their hands in our government. Net Neutrality should be an issue the people vote on, not a bunch of corrupt 'representatives'. We're the ones who pay for and uses the services, after all.

Yes. That's really all I can say.

I know it's unrealistic to expect every single person to vote, but...so many reps have been bribed into letting this happen already. It's scary that these are the people we chose to represent us. If anything, it seems like they're more concerned with going home with a hefty paycheck than protecting citizens' interests.

8 minutes ago, The Dragoness said:

Yes. That's really all I can say.

I know it's unrealistic to expect every single person to vote, but...so many reps have been bribed into letting this happen already. It's scary that these are the people we chose to represent us. If anything, it seems like they're more concerned with going home with a hefty paycheck than protecting citizens' interests.

Hopefully the majority will vote for us though! If we don't win, smaller companies will suffer. And, that would explain the little message on imgur... :( Argh!! If only I realized earlier!! I thought that goverment officials weren't allowed to accept bribes? :angry: 

3 hours ago, mouse050909 said:

Hopefully the majority will vote for us though! If we don't win, smaller companies will suffer. And, that would explain the little message on imgur... :( Argh!! If only I realized earlier!! I thought that goverment officials weren't allowed to accept bribes? :angry: 

Message on Imgur....? 

If this unfortunately happens I'll probably be one of those people who disappears for a long while. I can't pay for cable tv let alone a real phone. My internet would probably be the next to go.

1 hour ago, TerraAnne said:

If this unfortunately happens I'll probably be one of those people who disappears for a long while. I can't pay for cable tv let alone a real phone. My internet would probably be the next to go.

My best friend says she would be a similar case and that really frightens me... She has troubles mentally that I help her with. And she also helps other friends of hers in similar situations...

10 hours ago, Loki.Dottir said:

Message on Imgur....? 

Yeah, imgur had a little notice at the top of the page everytime I went there to save an image. 

Another good option is cancel your services from AT&T, Comcast and Verizon if you have them. There are usually other options. Maybe not as nice. But, snipping off their cash flow would keep them from bribing politicians.

The phone I have is a trac phone. I only buy minutes as I need them. Saves me a lot really because I don't use the phone much spare for job hunting phone calls from possible employers. Don't think I go over 300 minutes a year to be honest.

Other than signing into the group against the net stuff I can't really boycot anything. Well, maybe if I stopped using internet at all, but then I couldn't be here.  XD

I have Comcast and Verizon. And I really can't change it. I need internet to stay in contact with family and for work. 

Edited by The Dragoness

I only have internet through my phone with Metro PCS. Not sure how badly this will hurt me. :(

But the thing is that this doesn't happen for a few months and still has to pass through Congress. I mean, it's not necessarily the end of internet atm. Maybe in a few months and honestly it can not be passed by Congress if we're lucky

Call. Call. Call. Call. Call. Don't just rely on petitions online. Call your representatives. At the very least, send a personalised email or written letter!

flood them with calls and physical mail (letters, postcards, etc) especially, since those are harder to ignore than online petitions and email (flood them with those, too, of course).

I don't think I can call or email or even mail the people stuff because I'm Australian. even still, my heart goes out to those people who are (and will be if this goes through) affected by this.