Skyal

Ad-blocking Issue

I have DragCave whitelisted (& have had for years) and it used to work fine, but since I came back for Halloween, all the ads are blocked & I can not figure out why. I'm using Firefox, if that helps.

Did you pay a sub to block them? But I think Firefox Quantum automatically blocks. Seems to me I read that somewhere.

Are you using the newest Firefox version? This is just speculation, but I know with the newest version there is a change where many add-ons don't work properly anymore, and it may be possible that the newer version somehow tweaked your ad-blocker settings?

Yes, I am using the newer version. I think the older add-ons just don't work at all with it. I'm just so confused, I keep checking my ad blocking to see if I'm missing something and it says DragCave isn't blocked. I guess I need to go through all the options for the browser itself and see if there is something hidden there.

......I just turned it off completely and I'm still getting the blocked message.

Edited by Skyal

I am using the latest Firefox (quantum) which I am sad to say will not allow me to use most of the add-ons I had before. But Ad Block Plus seems to be okay with it. I have it disabled on DC and I am seeing ads just like I always did.

It could be they're not all updated yet to work with the new browser- they're third party, after all.

Personally I use uBlock Origin over ABP at this point. If one doesn't work, try the other, and vice versa.

Whenever Firefox gets an update and ABP doesn't like it, I just switch to one of the latest developer builds of ABP. That usually solves most of the Firefox-ABP compatibility issues.

I have UBlock Origin and DragCave whitelisted. I have no idea what's going on with it. I'm very frustrated. I should get my husband and kids to check theirs as well to see if it's just my version of Firefox or if we all have this problem.

Since UBlock Origin seems to be the ad blocker that Quantum is advertising I would think they would play nice together.

Sometimes, your antivirus suite also blocks stuff it thinks is possibly risky. Check if you have one of those? And possibly a whitelist to go with it?

I have ff quantum with a passion. Just saying.

Turns out it's my anti-tracking add-ons that keep me from being tracked around the internet. For some reason, they're blocking the ads here.