DragonNadder

ANSWERED:Observing Question

So in the Dragon Encyclopedias, you need to "observe" or obtain several dragons of a species in order to "unlock" it. Sure, that's reasonable, but how does the observing work? My encyclopedia says, for example, that I've only observed eight Thalassa Xenowyrms, when I'm certain I've seen at least ten. Any assistance here?

You need to actually go to the dragon's view page in order for it to count as observed. Just seeing them in hatcheries or in the AP or biomes doesn't count. Also, it often doesn't seem to register an observation if you go straight to the view page (like from a link), you often need to go to the lineage page for that dragon and then click on it from there.

Click on the image. (Your URL will have "view" in it like https://dragcave.net/view/Name_of_Dragon ). Most links here on the fora are lineage links, and you have click on the image on that page (or change the URL to read "view") to get to the view page.

You can observe the same egg once every x amount of time and have it count, but I don't think I've seen the precise time limit there (useful for things that cycle their sprites over time -- I forget its name…)

Spirit Ward and Nocturne change their sprite over time.

You can observe the same dragon again after 30 days.

Clicking the sprite in lineages, but also on progeny pages counts for observations. Changing the URL manually does not.

Also, if you have dragons that change sprite after doing something (e.g. Lumina breeding with Waterhorse, Aeon or Bolt using their BSA), to get to observe the changed sprite on your own dragon, you need to *not* go through the view page for performing that action. Go from your /dragons/ page directly do the dragon's actions/breed/BSA page, do what you need to do, and afterwards click the dragon.

Edited by Ruby Eyes