Jump to content

Recommended Posts

So, do you have any scroll header dragons?

With this option, you could keep the scroll headers right in their place. 

You could unpin them at any time,

And this basically keeps the pinned creature from being buried by eggs and hatchies.

Edited by RainbowTheAlbinoServal

Share this post


Link to post

Just use the custom number sort and give them negative numbers. No point to add something you can already easily do, so no support.

You can go all the way to -9999 so.... you should have more than enough room for your "pinned" dragons.
image.png.377f1abb5206003fb3699e22c2a479c8.png

Edited by StarSea

Share this post


Link to post

But the number sort is tedious to use to at least some of the players. Grid sort is WAY easier ad smoother to operate than searching what number you need to assign to every new dragon ou want to sort... And assigning a number in the number sort is cancelled if you use grid.

 

To keep my header critters on top I have to sort every single time I obtain a new egg... by default they appear 2nd and my header is 5.

I'd use pinning. The other sorting methods don't work for me to the point I still rather grid resort everytime than use them.So a definitely useful addon to me.

Edited by VixenDra

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, VixenDra said:

But the number sort is tedious to use to at least some of the players. Grid sort is WAY easier ad smoother to operate than searching what number you need to assign to every new dragon ou want to sort... And assigning a number in the number sort is cancelled if you use grid.

 

To keep my header critterd on top I have to sort every single time I obtain a new egg... by default they appear 2nd and my header is 5.

I'd use pinning. The other sorting methods don't work for me to the point I still rather grid resort everytime than use them.


Then wouldn't it be a more appropriate suggestion to suggest a "zero" slot for the grid/table sort options? You already get that with the custom number sort, it makes a lot more sense to me to have something shared across all sort options than to make a completely new feature for something that honestly can already be done.

Share this post


Link to post

I just put them in place with grid sort.  Then use eggs and hatchies on top. No prob, so I don't care either way. But there are more important things could use attention, IMHO.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, VixenDra said:

But the number sort is tedious to use to at least some of the players. Grid sort is WAY easier ad smoother to operate than searching what number you need to assign to every new dragon ou want to sort... And assigning a number in the number sort is cancelled if you use grid.

 

To keep my header critters on top I have to sort every single time I obtain a new egg... by default they appear 2nd and my header is 5.

I'd use pinning. The other sorting methods don't work for me to the point I still rather grid resort everytime than use them.So a definitely useful addon to me.

I agree. This is why I still use legacy sort. I don't want to be constantly rearranging my dragons, despite how helpful it could be to have certain dragons pinned.

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, StarSea said:


Then wouldn't it be a more appropriate suggestion to suggest a "zero" slot for the grid/table sort options? You already get that with the custom number sort, it makes a lot more sense to me to have something shared across all sort options than to make a completely new feature for something that honestly can already be done.

 

I agree with this. I gave up on trying to use the different custom sorts to "pin" dragons long ago since it never seems to stick. I would love a way to keep certain dragons at the top, but I do think it would make more sense to simply add the functionality to the existing sorts.

Share this post


Link to post

Actually, this could be helpful if someone wants dragons at the top of their scroll without having to deal with resorting when they don't need anything else custom sorted. It'd be a little like a cross between a highlighted group and the growing things at top option.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Shadowdrake said:

Actually, this could be helpful if someone wants dragons at the top of their scroll without having to deal with resorting when they don't need anything else custom sorted. It'd be a little like a cross between a highlighted group and the growing things at top option.

Yeah.

Share this post


Link to post

Dealing with the custom sorts on mobile is an unholy nightmare. I don't use "header dragons" but I see this solution as being extremely useful for those who do.

Share this post


Link to post

I thank @Marie19R for showing me this thread!

 

I was thinking today to set some dragons on top of my scroll right under man eggs/hatchlings so greet people on my scroll or for just style to have some 'guardians' protecting my scroll.

Seeing that this option is not possible dashed my dreams!

 

It should be possible to have your normal sorting system by breed (like me) but having such 'header' dragons at the front with the eggs & hatchlings of your scroll like this:

- Eggs/Hatchlings

- Greeting Group (outside of the acual sort system)

- Rest sort by breed

 

I would LOVE that and should not be hard to do with a simply checkbox saying something like 'Take this dragon to the top of your frontpage?'

Share this post


Link to post

I'd say, I sort most of my scroll by breed, but sort my breeding pairs manually. For me, it would be nice if I could select a bunch of dragons then click 'sort selection by breed' or something of the sort- or as this suggestion seems to say, select a group that are exempt from breed sort.

That, or if I could select what dragons I want visible to the public.

 

(also, I had no idea what this topic was for the longest time, as they spelled 'pinning' wrong. I thought it was pining as in 'to pine', decline, waste away in longing).

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Dragon_Arbock said:

(also, I had no idea what this topic was for the longest time, as they spelled 'pinning' wrong. I thought it was pining as in 'to pine', decline, waste away in longing).

 

Now I'm picturing my dragons wallowing in heartbreak over some other dragon that refused them, lol.

 

I don't have 'greeters' or anything on my scroll but I would *love* the ability to keep a few specially-named dragons at the top without having to fuss with manual sort every single time something grows up. I simply sort by the default 'date' sort (except reverse-order) because it frustrates me too much to manually sort every single dragon that comes onto my scroll just to be able to keep a few specials on top.

Share this post


Link to post

I would love this. I would pin my header dragons and then just set everything else to breed sort. 

Share this post


Link to post

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.