Jump to content
RainbowTheAlbinoServal

Pining dragons

Recommended Posts

So, do you have any scroll header dragons?

With this option, you could keep the scroll headers right in their place. 

You could unpin them at any time,

And this basically keeps the pinned creature from being buried by eggs and hatchies.

Share this post


Link to post

Just use the custom number sort and give them negative numbers. No point to add something you can already easily do, so no support.

You can go all the way to -9999 so.... you should have more than enough room for your "pinned" dragons.
image.png.377f1abb5206003fb3699e22c2a479c8.png

Edited by StarSea

Share this post


Link to post

But the number sort is tedious to use to at least some of the players. Grid sort is WAY easier ad smoother to operate than searching what number you need to assign to every new dragon ou want to sort... And assigning a number in the number sort is cancelled if you use grid.

 

To keep my header critters on top I have to sort every single time I obtain a new egg... by default they appear 2nd and my header is 5.

I'd use pinning. The other sorting methods don't work for me to the point I still rather grid resort everytime than use them.So a definitely useful addon to me.

Edited by VixenDra

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, VixenDra said:

But the number sort is tedious to use to at least some of the players. Grid sort is WAY easier ad smoother to operate than searching what number you need to assign to every new dragon ou want to sort... And assigning a number in the number sort is cancelled if you use grid.

 

To keep my header critterd on top I have to sort every single time I obtain a new egg... by default they appear 2nd and my header is 5.

I'd use pinning. The other sorting methods don't work for me to the point I still rather grid resort everytime than use them.


Then wouldn't it be a more appropriate suggestion to suggest a "zero" slot for the grid/table sort options? You already get that with the custom number sort, it makes a lot more sense to me to have something shared across all sort options than to make a completely new feature for something that honestly can already be done.

Share this post


Link to post

I just put them in place with grid sort.  Then use eggs and hatchies on top. No prob, so I don't care either way. But there are more important things could use attention, IMHO.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, VixenDra said:

But the number sort is tedious to use to at least some of the players. Grid sort is WAY easier ad smoother to operate than searching what number you need to assign to every new dragon ou want to sort... And assigning a number in the number sort is cancelled if you use grid.

 

To keep my header critters on top I have to sort every single time I obtain a new egg... by default they appear 2nd and my header is 5.

I'd use pinning. The other sorting methods don't work for me to the point I still rather grid resort everytime than use them.So a definitely useful addon to me.

I agree. This is why I still use legacy sort. I don't want to be constantly rearranging my dragons, despite how helpful it could be to have certain dragons pinned.

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, StarSea said:


Then wouldn't it be a more appropriate suggestion to suggest a "zero" slot for the grid/table sort options? You already get that with the custom number sort, it makes a lot more sense to me to have something shared across all sort options than to make a completely new feature for something that honestly can already be done.

 

I agree with this. I gave up on trying to use the different custom sorts to "pin" dragons long ago since it never seems to stick. I would love a way to keep certain dragons at the top, but I do think it would make more sense to simply add the functionality to the existing sorts.

Share this post


Link to post

Actually, this could be helpful if someone wants dragons at the top of their scroll without having to deal with resorting when they don't need anything else custom sorted. It'd be a little like a cross between a highlighted group and the growing things at top option.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Shadowdrake said:

Actually, this could be helpful if someone wants dragons at the top of their scroll without having to deal with resorting when they don't need anything else custom sorted. It'd be a little like a cross between a highlighted group and the growing things at top option.

Yeah.

Share this post


Link to post

Dealing with the custom sorts on mobile is an unholy nightmare. I don't use "header dragons" but I see this solution as being extremely useful for those who do.

Share this post


Link to post

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.