TerraAnne

Dragon Cave Records -old vs new records

I was wondering if there was a way to perhaps show old vs new records on the Dragon Cave Records page. What I mean is that, as many people have noticed, there are dragons from way back when there was a glitch (or perhaps this was just the way it was) allowing adults to get views and clicks and those dragons are hogging the record spots for most clicks, views, and unique views. What I propose is that there be a new set of records for each category of dragons (adults, hatchies, frozen, gendered, and ungendered) raised after this time period, when adult dragons can no longer get views, UV's, and clicks. I know it might encourage the abuse of click sites if people suddenly realize they have a chance at new records, but I think everyone is curious as to who has the most clicks on their dragons from after the period where adults couldn't get clicks.

I don't mean to overstep those who have these records now, it's just that basing the record system on what once was versus what is now seems wrong to me.

I was under the impression that the DC Records site (that is what you are talking about right? This site?) simply wasn't updated or maintained anymore. I know the "check scroll" feature hasn't worked for a long time for some people (especially those with larger scrolls), and it gives me some sort of referrer error when I try. I'd love for it to show updated stats, though.

1 hour ago, Marie19R said:

I was under the impression that the DC Records site (that is what you are talking about right? This site?) simply wasn't updated or maintained anymore. I know the "check scroll" feature hasn't worked for a long time for some people (especially those with larger scrolls), and it gives me some sort of referrer error when I try. I'd love for it to show updated stats, though.

Yeah that site is the one I was speaking about.  However it has worked for me including the check scroll feature up until maybe a week ago. Now I can't get my scroll to show up at all. However I believed that the rest of the records are still up to date. Though again the top clicks, UV's, and views are taken up by the older dragons pre the update keeping adults from getting those views and such.

For the record, on mobile that site now gives a "must enter from another site than DragCave" when I try to check my 

scroll. Ain't tested on PC, but I think that site's pretty dead anyways to be honest.

I don't think many of the records on that site are up to date at all. Under the Scroll Records, for example, it lists princesslucy as having the most total dragons, at 6,804, but that user's current dragon count is actually over 17,000, and I know there is at least one other user who has more then that. It also says Stormcaller has the most adult dragons at 6,434, but a look at that user's scroll shows the actual number is much higher.

I seem to recall people finding that around 6k it got a bit wild anyway...

It also lists burnt scrolls for record holders.

Some kind of yearly update run would be nice. Maybe even a "this has been achieved this year" category could be added?

18 hours ago, Marie19R said:

I don't think many of the records on that site are up to date at all. Under the Scroll Records, for example, it lists princesslucy as having the most total dragons, at 6,804, but that user's current dragon count is actually over 17,000, and I know there is at least one other user who has more then that. It also says Stormcaller has the most adult dragons at 6,434, but a look at that user's scroll shows the actual number is much higher.

Holy heck I didn't know that. O.o that's a lot of dragons. Okay so yeah the records site is outdated anyway so why not either update it with old and new records?

Probably because it's not part of DC itself but rather a side project that TJ did when he had some time left over.

Still, would be nice if he found a bit of spare time for an update :)

I keep forgetting that he did it himself. I imagine he's wicked busy too. It's unfortunately that he did not have some trusted mods or a second administrator help to manage that particular page.