Confused Cat

ANSWERED:Are "sticky note" add-ons allowed?

I would like to have something that tells me, on a dragon's breeding page, "do not breed this dragon to dragon XY even though it is listed as a previous mate - it was a misclick! Srsly, don't do it again!"

There are several browser add-ons that I think should be able to do this by adding "sticky notes" to web pages.

However, they would technically modify the page, so this part of the "no cheating" rule might apply to them:

Using browser addons, scripts, or other tools that modify pages on the Dragon Cave site in order to give users of said addons an advantage over other users.

I can't imagine a usage of such a tool that would give a significant "advantage over other users" though. So I wonder if a "sticky notes" add-on would be allowed on DC.

(This is an example: https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/addon/ourstickys/ - I haven't tried it yet, so I don't know if it would really do what I expect it to, but I'm pretty sure there has to be one that does.)

Pretty sure by "cheating scripts" the rules mean plugins that auto-pick up eggs and such. Using a sticky note on a breeding page is the same as using an Excel sheet to keep your things organized; no difference, the purpose is purely informational for you and doesn't affect anyone else. This one is fine.

personally, I would not see a problem in it. Do not quote me as gospel because Only TJ could give you an accurate answer. But if its just an addon so you can put a note beside a dragon regarding its breeding, I see little issue for it. It is not giving you an advantage to catching rares, or sorting through the AP or whatever else is there. I don't think its that different than the notes people do with spread sheets... okay well spread sheets are different, but they can put those notes in.

TL:DR: I see no problem with that.

Thanks everybody for your replies. I don't think it should be a problem, either, but since @TJ09 is the one who makes the rules, I would really like to get an official answer on this.

I don't think this qualifies as giving any sort of meaningful advantage in this particular case.

The intent of that rule is for it to apply mostly to parts of the site where you are directly interacting with other people (e.g. the biomes or abandoned page)--though don't take this as a blanket statement, since it's possible for addons that modify other parts of the site to give indirect advantages in such situations.