Jazeki

Pre-Christmas 2017 Speculation Discussion

The title about sums it up. What are you hoping for this year in terms of events and Christmas releases? What's your favorite holiday release? Are you doing anything to get ready for the holiday in DC? Discuss! 

Hoping for the return of CB Holiday Dragons past, of course :lol: Gotta fill up my 2 CB slots of each breed that I missed or stupidly froze.

To answer my own questions:

What are you hoping for this year in terms of events and Christmas releases? I also hope for the return of CB Christmas dragons, so that I can finally get some yulebucks, a second snow angel, and maybe hollies. I also hope we get a dragon that's a different holiday color like red, gold, or maybe a nice rosy color. Another blue one would be nice too. I hope the event is a nice easy one like when we gave presents. I liked Snow Wars and the Christmas RPG, but sometimes it's good to just relax. 

What's your favorite holiday release? So far the Solstice is still my favorite dragon, followed by Aegises. 

Are you doing anything to get ready for the holiday in DC?  I think I'm ready, but I'm also participating in Eternal's 25 Days of Christmas Gifting  in the meantime.  I can give away nice things while I have the space and the time. I also signed up for the Secret Santa, but that's not until January. 

I'm hoping for the re-release of CBs of course. Out of every Christmas Breed, I only have one. That's nine Christmas Breeds I need to get as Caveborns. So, 18 CBs in total that I need to acquire. :unsure: I really, really, really hope it happens. :(

I really hope CBs return! I would absolutely LOVE CB Snow Angels and Solstices. Hollies are nice too, but I won't get my hopes up there.

A gold breed for the 2017 release would be pretty.

I would love to see CB Hollies. That's the one species whose release I missed.

I've been scurrying to catch up on collecting the breeds I missed, so I don't have any Christmas breeding plans - hoping to be able to concentrate on catching CB Holidays, yes please? :D I missed the Snows last year and have some old breeds of which I would love to get a CB pair (though Hollies are honestly the least interesting to me).

Also looking forward to the Holiday event - I hope it involves decorating; those are my favorite kinds of events (though the story adventures are always a joy as well when I actually have time to fully participate). I'm feeling holly jolly and quite ready for the events kick off!

As for the new dragon, I do kind of hope we'll get a pygmy (or even a drake or a two-head), but I'm excited for it whatever it is. They're always gorgeous.

Of course I'd *love* a CB-Holiday re-release! I've already mentioned elsewhere that, although I have no CB Hollies, I will leave those to others 'cause I don't care about getting CBs of those. I would, however, release my stupidly-frozen CB Wrapping Wing, Winter Magi, Ribbon Dancer, and Yulebuck (have 1 CB adult of each, but stupidly froze the other CB) to get a 2nd adult CB of those. (I'd hope/think that releasing a CB would give you back that CB slot right??)

I too would love a non-regular dragon for the new Holiday release, I'd prefer a two-head but pygmy or drake would be nice too. And maybe a non-traditional color? We have red, green, multiple shades of blue, gold, white... Maybe something totally random like purple or orange. Or even just a color-combo we don't have, like green/blue (Mistletoes sorta fit that but not enough). As much as I complained the first year, the Holiday RPG game really grew on me, I really liked the storyline last year and I'd love to see it return (just make the quests easier, like last year, not like the year before!). I'd also like another type of "defend your fort" thing, like the Snow Wars... Maybe Gingerbread houses this time?

My favorite Holiday draggie is Hollies, not because they were the first or they are rarer or anything but just because I adore how they look. Told myself last year I wasn't going to get anymore of them, that flew out the window real quick! I need to figure out just how many I have of each breed and decide which breeds I'm going to focus on this season... I know I can't reach scroll-goals for them all this year, but if I only concentrate on a few breeds I should be able to hit scroll-goals with at least 2 or 3.

A two-headed dragon would be awesome. Or a drake could be interesting. We already have a holiday pygmy (Pumpkins) and I'd like to see one of the other two exclusive groups get some holiday love, but I won't say no to a christmas pygmy either.

I'm mostly looking forward to adding more pretty checkers to my scroll this season! I have roughly a dozen self bred things to keep for projects as well. If we get another CB rerelease for Christmas it probably won't have a big impact on my current plans as I could only grab two Hollies and a second Yulebuck. I guess it depends on how tough it could be to catch a Holly, if it's almost impossible then I'll focus on getting new lineages from the AP to avoid the soul-crushing sadness. XD

If I had to pick a favorite Xmas breed, I guess I'd say the Solstice! Blue is my favorite color and I love their sunset-y wings, plus the s2 is just insanely cute. I dislike having to do math on AP eggs to figure out what their wing color will be, though.

Most of my dragons are paired up and ready, the ones still missing mates are extremely tough to find so I'm probably as ready as I can be for breeding. I've been donating hatchlings to Eternal's christmas gifting spree and also signed up for the Secret Santa for the first time! Between that and my usual activities + offline stuff this is shaping up to be a very busy month.

Edited by Terces

Yeah, totally hoping with the rest that there will be a Christmas Biome with previous releases in it as I missed out on some years as well. 

Plans? I can't plan... I just hope I don't get overwhelmed. The last three months of the year are the hardest one me. October is the third hardest, November is the second and December is.. Holy craps, its gonna blow!!! 

I think it's logical to assume past CB holidays will make a reappearance this year, but I hope the limit of 2 CBs per breed stays in place. I'm only missing CB Hollies, Yulebucks, and Snow Angels, so this potential opportunity to fulfill a major scroll goal is in clear perspective for me.

What are you hoping for this year in terms of events and Christmas releases? Yeah hoping a re-release of past christmas/winter holiday dragons happens. Though I am dreading it too because I know I odn't have enough egg slots to get all the ones I've missed.

What's your favorite holiday release? I really like the snows and solstices the most.

Are you doing anything to get ready for the holiday in DC? I just stopped using any of my BSA dragons. Hopefully I should have enough of them if there is a re-release. If not then I just have extras for when I breed stuff. I also may need them for christmas gifting in the Secret Santa thread. <3

I would love a Christmas wyrm. Having a Halloween wyrm just made me want more holiday wyrms! I'm hoping the color scheme will be something different, preferably not purple or blue. As others said, I would love a Christmas event that doesn't involve a whole lot of commitment. To me, breeding and hunting for different holiday dragons is entertainment enough!

I'm really hoping for past CB Holidays, since they are some of my favorite dragons of all! But I also hope that the 2 per breed limit stays. Otherwise I don't really mind what's happening, the past events have been so amazing that I'm sure DC will deliver something as beautiful and magical this year too. I'm really excited to see what the new breed will be, I'm hoping for something fluffy!

Well, had my computer's hard drive become unfixable, I would have had all my Christmas breeding ready.

Now I am not sure if I will have any time to prepare.

I am hoping that CBs of previous dragons becomes available. I want a Holly so badly.

For the plans, let's see...

• preparing incubates - stopped using the BSA today, they all should be availlable again just on time
  • planning lineages for myself - Aria x Yule with an alt in the base
  • getting ready to breed things for people - mostly by request. I'll breed my only Holly, which may go to someone with none of these on their scroll
  • a little something something which... I prefer to keep secret for now ;D
  • get all CBs I've missed - if availlable
  • hoard Aegis and Solstices

I'd love a release that's not a Western type. That's it. XD

As many people said, I hope that past Christmas CB dragons would be available to catch - I won't be really sad if it won't happen, but I would love to catch a CB of Winter Magi (my two died as hatchies because I didn't have time to check DC just after christmas) and CB Yulebuck (I love them but I wasn't on DC on that time) - if there would be Holly release I would try to catch them (2 CB limit would be good in my opinion), but I wouldn't be dissapointed if we could grab every other CB Holiday except Holly - having my CB Winter Magis back would be enough to make me very happy. I have also some past holiday projects to breed, I really hope I'll have slot space and time to breed all my Wrapping-Wing x Rosebud mates. I'm not sure hom much of my holiday time this year I could spend on DC, so I also hope that we'll have some nice and not much time-consuming event - I would love some decorating for sure.

It's hard to tell which holday dragon is my favourite, because I love most of them - but my top 3 are Yulebuck (looks absolutely amazing), Aegis (especially pacifed version give me chills) and Ribbon Dancer (it's so close to my idea of how medieval dragons should looks like, and it's pose is great!). I can't wait to see this year dragon, I would love if it was more green or dark green in color, and I would like to see some pygmy or two-headed one.

As for preparations, I'm trying to collect some mates for my last year dragons that still don't have one and I'm making sure that all of my holiday ones could breed at first day of event :)

Get a CB Holly.... Just dreaming XD

At least... I hope to get CB Yulbuck, Ribbon dancer, Winter mage, Wrapping wing dragons and more snow angel. I missed them due to inactivity.

Non-western new christmas dragon would be nice.

And I hope new holiday event game isn't too difficult... 17 Valentine event game was very difficult for me :(

(I think decorating games are easiest.)

Edited by Kyath The Dream Worker

Definitely hoping for CB rereleases. I love the Winter Magis especially and would really like to be able to make my own lineages with them. For the new release I think it'd be really cool to get a drake but I'm sure whatever it is it'll be wonderful.

As far as what I'm doing to get ready... frantically trying to collect enough reds to get an extra set of holidays XD

I've been trying to figure out which of my Christmas dragons need mates and sorting them, and getting mates for the mateless. I'm stopping all BSA use except Influence as needed today. Other than that, it's also my birthday on the 11th, so I've been getting ready to gather as many birthday eggs as I can. Other than hunting the cave on the day itself, I'll be in the AP a couple days after looking for eggs bred on the 11th lol I'm gonna summon my first Sinomorph that day too. I have my Zyus ready. Looking forward to it!

What old Christmas CB are you most looking forward to getting? What pairings are you going to do first? For me, it's Hollies and Solstices. I want all of the old CBs I missed out on, but those are the two I'm really straight up excited and hopeful for. Actually, you know what, Wrappingwings too. I like those guys a whole lot. 

I can't even begin to decide where to begin once I finally have them all. Probably a lot of oddball combinations, like Holly x green Fire Gem, Solstice x Khusa, or Wrappingwing x red Zyumorph. XD

If the Holiday biome is a thing it shouldn't be too hard to get our two Hollies apiece before the end. Even on Halloween when people could stuff themselves on as many Pumpkin and Black Marrow CBs as they wanted, by the end they were easy to grab. And this time, if it happens at all, the two CBs per person is definitely going to apply. I'd be straight up shocked if it didn't since TJ said a rerelease was mutually exclusive with a raise in CB limits going forward. So yes, at first, it'll be competitive as heck. But as people get their two and drop out, it'll get easier and easier. Plus at least a few people will do grab and drop cycles, so anyone who missed out somehow will still have a chance in the AP. 

As for the new dragon, I'll cheer if it's a non standard type, but if it's not, at least a non-Western please? I'm always hoping for a new bright red dragon; maybe a deep, rich Santa's sleigh crimson, or a glossy, cheerful candy cane scarlet. We've seen a lot of white, light blue, and cool green the last few years. Something glossy, rich crimson, with dark emerald and metallic gold... the majestic aspect. Or midnight blue, with touches of white, metallic gold and silver, like snow and wind and stars on Christmas Eve (or one of the nights of Hannukah, if you give it golden antlers like a menorah, and blue and silver or white on the body)... Mmmmm. 

Edited by Lurhstaap

I'm totally not prepared! 😱 i hope i will manage better than in the Halloween season! Have to sort out which lineages i want to get or proceed. I have a few CBs so if the Christmas Biome comes out I might be able to get all of them. Missed Snows last year, hoping to get at least 2g Offspring :)

And for the color of the new release: i really like wrapping wings spriters alt 😍 white and silver and gold are beautiful enough for me :3

As for the Hollies, if CBs come out those will be the last ones i'd try to catch cause i fear it will be hard 😱

would love a re-release of CB christmas dragons!  i don't have any CBs before winter magi.  no special hopes for the new release i guess.  

i don't really have a favorite christmas event, but i don't care for the RPG game.  

got all the mates i can for my christmas dragons.  just trying to keep my scroll free and help others out with their lineages if i can.  trying to figure out what to breed my snows with.  

Edited by spring_dragon

3 hours ago, spring_dragon said:

trying to figure out what to breed my snows with.  

Snows look good with almeralds. And someone requested I breed one with a monarch.