Jazeki

Pre-Christmas 2017 Speculation Discussion

On 12/19/2017 at 9:34 PM, Guillotine said:

I do hope we don't have another RPG; the lag was super, super bad, and as cute/fun as they were when they worked, I don't want to battle lag to do basic actions again.

I really liked building the snow fort, so maybe something like that?

(also i want drake or two-head holidays this year, as all years we didn't get one :V)

Some, the effort is very impressive but when push comes to shove I find the RPGs a tad dull to actually play and I liked the text adventure one from valentines better since it obviously wasn't as slow feeling, it's not even the lag, it's that you're expected to walk long distances with Snowa who I remember being SUPER slow moving, also the writing and overall premise wasn't as interesting or funny. The writing was overall better in the text one since it didn't have the constraints and they were able to just go all out in the crazy story and comedy. 

And fort decorating sounds cool to so more games with cool end products you made yourself are good fun since you get to look back and see what you made at any time and see what others made.

Edited by blockEdragon

I agree that the RPG was pretty laggy. Something like fort building or tree decorating or gingerbread house building could be neat though.

I had a passing thought about how I would like a gingerbread dragon that was a nice brown color. We don't have many brown dragons.

I at least hope that the new dragon's egg is not as similar as the ones from recent years lol. I have had great trouble telling Snow, Aegis and Solstice eggs apart on the AP, and Mistletoes go by the same color scheme, just without the golden details. Brown would be different, and a food based dragon would be really... sweet!

Oh yes! It is hard to tell a lot of holiday eggs apart in the AP. I always hope for egg designs that are different enough.

My favourite christmas event had to be the Snow Wars, I wish we get something like that this year :) The RPGs were fun, but I don't really want one for a 3rd year in a row, with the lag and how time-consuming they were.  My favourite kind of events have to be the ones where you have an end-product you can look back on.

Oooh a Gingerbread dragon would be nice!

8 hours ago, Jazeki said:

I had a passing thought about how I would like a gingerbread dragon that was a nice brown color. We don't have many brown dragons.

Oh I like that idea! A smooth-brown gingerbread dragon would be awesome, and so wonderfully different then any other holidays we have.

Regardless of what it is, I really really hope the new dragons is really different from the older ones... It seems many of the holiday dragons have the same or very similar color schemes.

Ya know I just looked back at all the holiday dragons and while i'm still against subgroups becoming holidays due to the more constrained designs and a tiny breeding pool, I am not against something other than a western being a holiday, only the ageis, omen wyrm, heartstealing, sweetling, and radiant angel are non-westerns. I'd prefer another wyrm since we only have two species in the entire site but why not a wyvern or lindwyrm?

I'd also like to see a different personality for the Winter Holiday dragons, they're all slightly different but they're still all slightly different variants of "this dragon is a pillar of goodness that probably has a thing for snow or ice and is all around beloved and peaceful and probably red, green, or blue" There are exceptions but Winter Holiday dragons are by far the blandest holiday dragons (NOT BAD, just a tad monotonous.) of the trio, even valentine dragons have more than them and they're the valentines dragons, they don't even have the freedom that the concept of winter celebrations in general bring,

I know they're pretty much based around Christmas and Christmas only has a few themes to draw from before it becomes a cynical deconstruction (which I would NOT say no to) but I don't think anyone would throw a fit if something OTHER then the same Christmas dragon outline we've been getting for years.

Maybe since candles are large or minor part in several holiday traditions we could have a winter FIRE dragon with warmer colors, maybe with a brown cassare-esk shaded base but with fiery reds, oranges, ect, as the eye catching part. And maybe they could be lovable holiday grumps.

I think a gingerbread dragon would be amazing! A full-on snow dragon could be fun, too.

My favorite events were the decoration events - tree, wreath, gingerbread house - but I liked the greetings type events, too. While the games can be fun, I know I've suffered some years from bad internet connection while traveling so those aren't as high on my list, though I do appreciate the gigantic effort that goes in to them!

40 minutes ago, sfts said:

While the games can be fun, I know I've suffered some years from bad internet connection while traveling so those aren't as high on my list, though I do appreciate the gigantic effort that goes in to them!

yea I think a lot of us agree on that. I don't think anyone is denying how much effort goes into the RPG, it's VERY impressive and all but at the end of the day it's just not that enjoyable to play and that is basically a death sentence for most games.

Edited by blockEdragon

7 minutes ago, blockEdragon said:

at the end of the day it's just not that enjoyable to play and that is basically a death sentence for most games.

I actually do find it enjoyable to play, as long as it's not lagging or glitching.

I keep trying to play the first one that actually sent me into a tizzy... "Jolly Follies"? I always get to day 10 on that and it freezes when I try to decorate the lamp posts. I will never be able to play that game without it messing with me. 

I rather like the Valkemarian Tales, as I am really, really bad at most games in general. It really gets my old habit of liking to explore and log where everything is into gear and I'm actually good with puzzles. I'd only be interested in another one of them once in a while, however. 

I remain extremely curious about the events I missed out on... like the mana game people love to bring up. If it was that good, please, make a 2.0 of it with updated pixels and maybe some new spin or expansion on the lore...

I also wonder greatly about the Valentine's that had Dragon Matchmaking... I'd so like to know what my collecting and arrangement skills would have gotten.

I'm totally down with anything to do with designing or decorating, though. Man, I wish I could have done the Gingerbread house!

It would be nice if we can collect things or decorate again...

Gingerbread dragon sounds super cute! <3

Other ideas I have are, like if we're going to continue with holiday-esque plants then we've still got poinsettia left. But maybe they'd have to make it white poinsettia to not make it too similar to holly?

Then I thought, maybe some kind of singing and music related dragon? Or bells?

Fire and candles is a nice idea too.

I think I've actually liked the gingerbread house baking the most in past years.

Valkemarean tales have been lots of fun too, but I think that I've liked the adventures of the earliest tales more than last year.

I'm fine with simpler events too, like those 12 days of stories up until Christmas is still my second favorite event after the gingerbread house baking. It was low-key, stress free and cozy to have a little story to wake up to every morning. 

13 hours ago, LibbyLishly said:

I want a hot chocolate dragon like you would not believe.

Oh my. With white accents for marshmallows. Amazing.

I also wouldn't mind a poinsettia or candle or something of that effect. 

I'm hoping for either something cute like a gingerbread dragon, or one a lovely dark green with colored accents.

I loved the events where we could send things to other members (flowers, valentine cards, etc).  I'm hoping this event will be similar - gifting Christmas cards, snowflakes, presents, etc.

I'm not a fan of those little people games in the snow village.

I hope we get an unique egg, right now the most unique to me seems the Snow Angel, it's predominant Yellow, different from the Red/Green/Blue we've got 

On 12/23/2017 at 8:32 AM, Gryphonic said:

I'm hoping for either something cute like a gingerbread dragon, or one a lovely dark green with colored accents.

I was thinking the same thing about a dark green with just accents of red on the wing tips perhaps as well as a bit around it's tip of the tail as well as it's muzzle. It would be a standout with so many light colors (and predominant red being used) over the last few years. I love all my Christmas Dragons of course, they're gorgeous but it can be limiting if you only follow the traditional Christmas colors. Someone else mentioned a Poinsettia too and I thought that no it wouldn't be like a Holly if you did include a ruff around its neck that resembled the petals that plant as well as presenting them come in two colors red and white as the plant is also.

I remain extremely curious about the events I missed out on... like the mana game people love to bring up. If it was that good, please, make a 2.0 of it with updated pixels and maybe some new spin or expansion on the lore...

For that one, just look up Alchemy; that's literally the name of the game that Mana Alchemy was based on. Pretty solid puzzle game.