Jazeki

Pre-Christmas 2017 Speculation Discussion

I'm hoping for CBs to return with no limits, and maybe for Snow Angels to breed their color, but one thing at a time.

Looking to get more Solstices and maybe Ribbon Dancers. I don't have that many christmas Lineages compared to Halloween due to the existing limit meaning I need more outside help.

What are you hoping for this year in terms of events and Christmas releases? As everyone else...Christmas Biome please! I am only missing my 2 CB Hollys and really want them for lineages and making mates for dragons I already have. But please keep the limit of 2 at least for this first year, so everyone has a chance to get the CBs they want/need. I would rather see the limit raised by a bit, like to 4 of each then to be unlimited like Halloween. Having only 2 of each CB makes us have to trade with others to get mates, or gift to others that need eggs, which is also a fun part of Xmas and Valentines. Halloween always seems so hectic trying to get everything you want to get for CBs and lineages. For the event I liked decorating the gingerbread house and the snow fort building more then the RPG events. Last year was so laggy for me that I only did enough to get the Xmas badge and then stopped trying to do the event.

What's your favorite holiday release?  I have always really liked the Yulebuck, but I think that is just because it was my first Holiday dragon.

Are you doing anything to get ready for the holiday in DC?  I am actually going to make my first DC wishlist ever and list what I am looking for in Holiday dragons. I have always just used GoogleDocs. Other then that not doing much else, other then holding my breath for Xmas biome and my 2 CB Hollys!

*hugs*

What kind of event do you guys think we'll get this year? I really hope it's not another text-based one, like Valentine's 2017. But on the other hand, the RPG games were so incredibly laggy.

4 minutes ago, The Dragoness said:

What kind of event do you guys think we'll get this year? I really hope it's not another text-based one, like Valentine's 2017. But on the other hand, the RPG games were so incredibly laggy.

Maybe something simple like the gift giving one we had a while back. I thought this year's Halloween event was incredibly cute and just interactive enough without being overwhelming, so I would like one like that as well. 

I also strongly disliked the Valentine's one, so if it has to be interactive, maybe less....buggy and lengthy. I like reading, but it just seemed like a whole lot of words and you had to be very specific with phrases. 

But we'll probably get a Snowa continuation since we're world building. 

58 minutes ago, The Dragoness said:

I want to decorate something! Maybe we can decorate Christmas cookies and send them to friends?

9 minutes ago, LibbyLishly said:

I want to decorate something! Maybe we can decorate Christmas cookies and send them to friends?

this would be fun!! I would also like to decorate something.
Also those games get kinda boring and I don't want another text based one ether.

1 hour ago, The Dragoness said:

I always liked the simple ones. Tree Decorating and Snow Fort building were my favorites. Gingerbread was pretty okay too.

13 hours ago, LibbyLishly said:

I join, I would like to decorate a Christmas cake / cookie too!

14 hours ago, LibbyLishly said:

Dragon-shaped Christmas cookies would be amazing.

What are you hoping for this year in terms of events and Christmas releases? -- I would love it if we could have a decorating event again.  I have fun with any kind of event, but the ones I liked most of all were the Gingerbread House and the Wreath Decorating.  I just have so much fun being able to 'draw' with that Lego-block approach of "what does this look like to me?  Can I put these shapes together to build a bench/swing/tree/lamppost/dragon?"  Although the Houses last winter were a lot of fun, too, I prefer having full freedom of placement.  As for the dragon release... I would love something that's a deep, shiny, rich jewel tone -- a dark, shiny, holly-leaf green would be nice, or a rich velvety red, or else deep ultramarine blue or plum purple.  OR, going completely the other way, something that's totally white with silver/gold touches.  But I'll likely be happy with anything!

What's your favorite holiday release? -- Solstice <3 <3 <3  I was having a very "down," lonely winter that year, far from home, and the beautiful write-up of the Solstice breed, as well as the majestic dragon design itself, were just a ray of light and hope to me that Christmas season.  Also, blue is my favorite color!

Are you doing anything to get ready for the holiday in DC? -- Oh, yeah.  Trying to get mates for all my lineaged Christmas dragons!  I don't have much hope of getting the Golds, but I'm almost ready with all the commons I need!  Happily scheduling some bred gifts for others, and plotting to have all the Reds and Pinks I need ready with their BSAs.  I've also got about 4 or 5 Christmas dragons that I'd like to trade for or try to catch, as mates for some of my dragons, so I'm double-checking my scroll to make sure I know what I'm looking for.

19 hours ago, The Dragoness said:

I just want my precious Mana Alchemy to come back. :unsure: I'm not a huge fan of the RPGs so I hope we don't get another one of those.

Hmmmmm

Will DC Christmas start tomorrow? (because the 18th is one week before the 25th)

Anyways, I'm hoping for something with bird wings and fur, like a pegasus-dragon-elk hybrid! lol

As for the event, I hope its an RPG this year as well!

16 minutes ago, arjunvohra said:

Hmmmmm

Will DC Christmas start tomorrow? (because the 18th is one week before the 25th)

It usually starts on the 19th. :3

I love the simple games/events! XD I just played the RPG enough to get my badge. Please no 3rd Chapter. x_X Even if I did like it, mixing it up every now and again is best.

I actually really love the RPG, but I don't have nearly enough time to put into it to do it justice.

Hated the RPG soooo much the first time, rather loved it last year, would totally be fine with a 3rd year of it... But yeah, something new would be nice too. I would love something *completely* new, not any sort of decorating or gift-giving but something totally different. Although I have no clue what that would be.

If I've timed it right I should have a full 8 slots available when the breeding starts, but I've been procrastinating and haven't yet made a list of which breeds I'm going to focus on this holiday season.

10 hours ago, LibbyLishly said:

but I don't have nearly enough time to put into it to do it justice.

I didn't hate it so much as I hated the fact that it required being online sooooo much to properly play, and I was super busy with my friends and family. Xmas is one of the busiest times of year for me...for loads of people! It was a nice, cute game (reminded me of Pokemon so... XD) but ultimately I couldn't be online as much as it kinda wanted people to be.

The RPGs have been amazing, considering they're made on volunteer time. But you really do have to sink tons of time into them...and it's hard for people who have to return to life after Christmas.

In other news, I should have 8 free slots so I can try for my missing cb dragons and a bunch of 2nd gen snows. I'm so glad im only missing 5 CBs.

I have so much breeding to do, I won't have much time for catching or seeking - but most of the breeding stock have not been named or sorted since last year, too much to do, too little time - so I know what's waiting for me today.

AHHHHH it's almost here!  AAAAAAH!  I'm so excited!

My head is swimming with visions of sugar plums... and of all the pretty lineages I want to try and snag! 

Solstice/Thalassa

Solstice/Flamingo

Solstice/Sunrise

Mistletoe/White

Aegis(P)/Silver Lunar Herald

Snow/Gold Lunar Herald

Snow/Bolt

Wrapping Wing/Royal Crimson

Yulebuck/Royal Crimson

...just to name some examples! 

Okay, I counted, and this Halloween I got 50 old-Halloweens. So if I shoot low and assume that I'll get a maximum of, say 35 old-Christmas dragons, I should be able to reach scroll-goals with at *least* three breeds for sure (Holly (need 3 more), Snow Angel (need 10 more), and Ribbon Dancer (need 9 more)), and most likely one more breed as well (either Yulebucks or Winter Magis, which I need 11 more of each). I guess I finally know which breeds I'll be concentrating on this season!

This Halloween, I was able to snag 68 Halloweens, 32 of which were CBs. I'm missing 16 Christmas CBs and have 26 bred eggs to make room for, so...this will be interesting. I should be able to do it though. At least most of the bred eggs will be coming after my first batch of CBs hatch. I really didn't expect the Holiday biome to return, so I'm trying to frantically organize everything in time XD

Edited by The Dragoness

i dont know if i have all the christmas dragons, as i dont know what therer eggs/grownup stages look like >.< im just hoping i do but looking foward to a some new babys to care for this year <3

43 minutes ago, itsumo said:

i dont know if i have all the christmas dragons, as i dont know what therer eggs/grownup stages look like >.< im just hoping i do but looking foward to a some new babys to care for this year <3

If you go to the dragon cave wiki, you can look up all of the past holiday breeds. It shows the descriptions and sprites for all stages.

I do hope we don't have another RPG; the lag was super, super bad, and as cute/fun as they were when they worked, I don't want to battle lag to do basic actions again.

I really liked building the snow fort, so maybe something like that?

(also i want drake or two-head holidays this year, as all years we didn't get one :V)