Shadowdrake

ANSWERED:Introduction Guidelines Helpful Links + outdated FAQ

After looking around the forums for some clarification on the rules, I checked in Introduction Guidelines because I recalled site-wide rules being a thing when I started, but it looks like the links there are no longer working (possibly because of the forum switch?).

Helpful links

Board rules Please read. ~If you find something listed you don't understand, always feel free to pm a Mod.~

http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?act=boardrules

Forum Help files.~ Help, how to's for the forum.~

http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?act=Help

Additionally, some of the answers in the official FAQ are outdated.

Q: Is there a way to change my username (forum or scroll)?

A: Not at this time. If you have an important reason for needing to change your forum username, you can contact a forum mod (global or site discussion) and explain your situation. Please note that it is against both cave and forum rules to create duplicate accounts.

(forum names can now be changed)

How do other actions react with teleport?

A: Teleported dragons do not gain a day, unlike abandoned dragons. 

Q: Can I get CB dragons of past holidays?

A: No, past holiday dragons do not re-drop, but you can pick up bred holiday dragons from any year.

Q: How do you get a zombie?

A: In order to get a zombie, you need to kill an adult dragon or a hatchling or let a hatchling die of natural causes within two weeks of Halloween. Once Halloween is around (in cave time, EDT/EST), you try the action "revive" on your dead dragon. There are three possible outcomes: the dragon revives normally and you get the dragon you killed back, the dragon turns to dust and is gone (tombstone stays for the normal two weeks but you cannot try to revive it again), or the dragon revives as a zombie. Hatchlings successfully revived as zombies are automatically frozen. You may be interested in the Zombie Advice thread. Zombie success chances scale with zombie visibility (day, night, 31st of any month, Halloween).

(partly updated, but red part should be removed to avoid confusion)

Sock used to be so good on updating that :(

I know Sock had some updates in her plans and to be fair most of the changes that result in needed corrections were made while Sock was still here. Maybe now that we have brought the subject up, one of the other mods will tackle it.

Yep the new forum changed everything around, and some of the information is no longer accurate.  Thanks for bringing this to my attention - I didn't even THINK about the intro post!!  I've been working on updating the FAQ behind the scenes.

I'll post this and see if one of the SD mods can update it.  :)  Thanks again!!!

Edited by LadyLyzar

The Introduction post should be corrected now.  Thanks for the heads up!

I've been going through updating the FAQ bit by bit.  It should hopefully be completely finished in the next couple of days.

Edited by LadyLyzar