newtilove12

ANSWERED:My egg died??

Unfortunately, it didn't get enough views. Eggs usually need around 400 UV (unique views) in order to hatch.

Try checking out some click sites in the fan-site section to help your eggs hatch!

Edited by Niomedes

Be careful that you don't add your eggs to click sites too early. An egg can also die if it gets too many views too soon.

You might also want to check out the Mentoring Project, if you haven't already. :)

If the lineage doesn't matter to you, I can get you a replacement. If you want it to have a Despis parent, I have a CB Despis male and a CB Brute female that I can breed together.

Thanks for all the replies! @Ariento Thank you for offering but I'd like to do things by myself if that's alright!! Also I will check out the Mentoring Project, thank you!!

1 minute ago, transpirit said:

Thanks for all the replies! @Ariento Thank you for offering but I'd like to do things by myself if that's alright!! Also I will check out the Mentoring Project, thank you!!

That's fine, just figured I'd offer. Good luck keeping your eggs alive!

You can't post dragon cave images in this forum ;) Better link to its lineage page only.

It's normal to lose a few while you get the hang of things!  As others have said, fan sites are a great resource.  We can't post our dragons on the forum here because if everyone did that, it would be an eggy mess and a lot of slowdown.  Also, there's no magic number for the views required to hatch an egg - every kind is different and there's still variance between individuals of a breed!

Have fun raising dragons!  If you need help at any time, feel free to ask me.

3 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

You can't post dragon cave images in this forum ;) Better link to its lineage page only.

^ beat me to it

it might also be useful, if you're comfortable with it, to put a link to your scroll in your signature.

that's up to you, of course, but it lets people see your dragons more easily

1 minute ago, transpirit said:

Does this work? Also what's a scroll? :x

first of all, you should generally use lineage links rather than view links - for bred dragons, click 'view lineage' on their page, and for caveborn dragons, replace 'view' in the url with 'lineage', so you get a link like this: https://dragcave.net/lineage/xB1bi

second, your scroll is basically your userpage. it's where you keep your dragons - seeing as you play flight rising, scrolls here are the equivalent of lairs there. 

6WhSWfa.png

if you click here, you'll be able to see yours - though, the url of that page doesn't allow others to see your scroll.

BAyZxoq.png

to let others see your scroll, use this link instead!

https://dragcave.net/user/Limanya

so this here would be my scroll ^

@Limanya Thank you! You have sooo many dragons (Watersweep is very pretty) wowie!! Is there no limit to dragons at all? Also, how do you get rid of eggs? I have two dead eggs and i'm bummed out just looking at them ;__;

I highly recommend the Mentoring Project. I can find you a mentor if you like.

It is against forum rules here to post view links to growing dragons because it is possible that they could become sick and die from having too many of us click on them out of curiosity or a desire to help, or whatever. Limanya has explained how to find the lineage link. It is also against the rules to post your eggs/hatchlings and ask for views (considered spam). Better to use the fansites, which will give you all you need.

You cannot get rid of dead eggs, but they will disappear exactly two weeks from the moment they died.

And no, there is no limit to the number of dragons you can have. Some people, who have played a long time, have over 8000 of them!

Edited by purplehaze

@purplehaze Ok! Sorry if I broke any of the rules oops! I think that's all the questions I have ... But if I have any more, I'll check out the Mentoring Project! Thank you all for your help!

I do want to note that this is a game where it's pretty much impossible to get everything by yourself unless you limit your goals only to what's available to a solo player with no help. This is a sandbox game - there's no achievements or anything to go for. It's very, very different than FR. It's up to you, but I do strongly suggest you reconsider trying to do it all alone. You're passing up a huge potential resource, not to mention possible new friends to be made through gifting. :) Again, it's entirely up to you, but I went that route in the past, and find the game a lot more fun when played with the community rather than in isolation. So I wanted to let you know how much fun it can be! At least hang out on the forum with us, even if you don't want to accept any eggs. :D New release and holiday threads are tons of fun. 

Edited by Lurhstaap

On 30.11.2017 at 2:36 PM, Niomedes said:

Unfortunately, it didn't get enough views. Eggs usually need around 400 UV (unique views) in order to hatch.

Try checking out some click sites in the fan-site section to help your eggs hatch!

Actually below 200 is usually enough, I hatch plenty of eggs with below 200 to make S1 zombies, e.g. this had only 91 when it hatched: https://dragcave.net/view/jne0f