Starscream

Button (like do not help) that indicates accepting or not accepting breed requests

I was thinking that, a lot like how we have "this user is (not) accepting aid" as an option on scrolls, that something similar could be added on the page "this user is (not) accepting breeding requests) as a general option and/or could be ticked on an off a dragon to indicate its availability to request. I bring this suggestion up because, in spite of my attempts at signature, profile, scroll notices (albeit my scroll is so messed up from the last glitch) I still get requests to breed dragons. (for me its an auto no if asked)

Ticking a dragon's availability might be useful for those who have lists (such as prize owners) who close down the lists after a few requests and may help take the guesswork out of who they can ask and who they should not ask. both ways have pros and cons for those who have massive scrolls.

It could read as "Starscream (or user if hidden) is not accepting breeding requests at this time"

Edited by Starscream

I don't get many breeding requests anymore, but I tentatively support this. I would prefer a scroll-wide option over individual dragons. I also think it needs to be clarified how this would address concerns of users with different scroll and forum names.

I also say tentatively support because obviously this doesn't do a thing for the people who continue to ask.

There's no way to trade on the game itself right now, so since you need to go somewhere else like the forums to do so--where you can already post disclaimers about trading policies--I don't think an on scroll button would be terribly useful.

Yeah, I agree with @angelicdragonpuppy. If people will ignore a signature/profile message, they'll ignore a scroll message. I would also like to add that I don't get many breeding requests myself either.

Not many people keep extensive lists beyond Prize/spriter alt owners either. So this wouldn't do much for the majority of the community. Right now, I think putting a disclaimer in your signature and hiding your scroll is efficient enough. 

As long as there's no in-cave messaging system, there's absolutely no use for this feature. Because the people PMing you have to do so through the forum, they should be able to see your signature. If they choose to ignore that you put "do not PM for breeding requests" thing in your signature, it's most likely they'll also ignore it on your scroll.

Yeah, there is really no reason for this at all and it seems more then a little strange, the idea of having a "no breeding requests" on your scroll when there is no way to *make* breeding requests in-game in the first place. If there was an in-game form of communication then this would be very helpful, but there isn't. There is no way to contact someone through the game itself, so there is no reason to say that you would prefer if people didn't contact you.

I also agree that if people ignore messages in your sig and profile, why would you expect they'd actually listen to a message on the scroll? And also, the "no aid" message itself is pretty worthless, as many many people have posted about before, so I don't think a message similar to that would do any good at all anyways.

For the record, you can't see signatures on mobile unless you click through and actively read someone's profile. I doubt someone who won't bother reading someone's profile will actually take note of text under a dragon that indicates yea or nay on breeding requests, but it's not like having it there could hurt anything.

Edited by LibbyLishly
A word

14 minutes ago, LibbyLishly said:

For the record, you can't see signatures on mobile unless you click through and actively read someone's profile. I doubt someone who won't bother reading someone's profile will actually take note of text under a dragon that indicates yea or nay on breeding requests, but it's not like having it there could hurt anything.

On mobile, you have to click on someone's profile to message them though, so it would be hard to miss a disclaimer. And it's pretty easy to hit "request desktop site" if that's too much of a hassle. 

Just now, The Dragoness said:

On mobile, you have to click on someone's profile to message them though, so it would be hard to miss a disclaimer. And it's pretty easy to hit "request desktop site" if that's too much of a hassle. 

It's actually still really easy to miss a signature disclaimer in a profile because you do have to scroll to read anything, whereas messages are right on top, and you'd have to already be familiar enough with the forum culture to even know there was a signature/profile to check if you started out as a solely mobile-based user. I started out as a desktop user, so I know all that and checking profiles is second nature to me, but (thinking about it for the first time here) I don't know how many recently-started players even necessarily know those features exist. Not saying ignorance is an automatic excuse, but it is something for consideration.

11 minutes ago, LibbyLishly said:

It's actually still really easy to miss a signature disclaimer in a profile because you do have to scroll to read anything, whereas messages are right on top, and you'd have to already be familiar enough with the forum culture to even know there was a signature/profile to check if you started out as a solely mobile-based user. I started out as a desktop user, so I know all that and checking profiles is second nature to me, but (thinking about it for the first time here) I don't know how many recently-started players even necessarily know those features exist. Not saying ignorance is an automatic excuse, but it is something for consideration.

Those are good points, but it never hurts to check before messaging anyway. I myself play on mobile 99% of the time, so I can understand what you're saying here.

2 minutes ago, The Dragoness said:

Those are good points, but it never hurts to check before messaging anyway. I myself play on mobile 99% of the time, so I can understand what you're saying here.

Oh gosh yes, I absolutely agree. I'd never message anyone about a trade or anything on their scroll without checking their profile first.

I wonder if maybe a more basic fix would be to set the forums to show signatures even on mobile? I understand why it's off, but I'd rather have it on if it can be turned on.

I've never used the mobile site (apparently in the minority in not owning any sort of smartphone), but my reasons against still stand. On mobile you *can* still access someone's profile, correct? I seriously doubt that someone who doesn't take the common courtesy of checking a profile before messaging would be swayed at all by a small in-cave message.

Given that (annoyingly) there is no ON SCROLL message to say not accepting aid (something many of us having been begging for for a while)

I would be very annoyed indeed if such an on SCROLL message turned up for this without that happening first. Not that I can see the point anyway.

Edited by fuzzbucket