HeatherMarie

dragon stages sorting strange under temporary breed sort

Hmm, okay, now we know *why*... But it still seems like a bug to me, or at least not right/logical. I could understand sorting the Terrae *eggs* by egg design, but when the adults and frozen hatchlings are identical regardless of egg design, and you have no way to even tell what egg they came from, it makes no sense for them to continue sorting that way. Especially when it means shoving frozen hatchlings in the middle of all the adults! It definitely doesn't look right or make sense in any way, so.... Any way we could maybe get that changed? There must be some easy way to simply strip the 'egg design' sorting mechanism from them once they stop growing.

It does make sense in a peculiar way^^ If you need only a certain Terrae to unlock the encyclopedia images, then it's actually easier to find the right one when they sort this way. Same goes for Alt Blacks,

However, I agree it doesn't look right and I'd also like them to sort properly as well as changing the encyclopedia mechanic.

*bump* Okay, new sorting weirdness! Chococat's post mentions that Alt Blacks sort differently as well... But this I can't figure out. I've never noticed Alt Blacks sorting the way Terraes do, with frozen hatchlings in the middle of the adults because of what hatchling the adult was or something, in fact I'm 99% positive my Alt Blacks usually sort the way they should with adults and then frozen hatchlings (and then growing hatchlings). Until now. 

c09e93724319c307744f2eb9f322bca7.png

I do not understand the logic behind this sort. The only thing I can possibly think is that iWKeZ maybe had a curled hatchie, so is sorting above the curled hatchies and below all the others (though I don't actually remember if it was a curled hatchie)... But *none* of my other alt-blacks are out of order and I *know* some of those older adults came from curled hatchies. 

Whatever the logic may be here, can we pleeaaase have breed-sort fixed so Alt Blacks (and Terraes) sort the same way every other breed does? Please please pretty please? It really just doesn't make sense for them to sort differently because of some internal designation that users can't actually see (ie Terraes coming from different eggs, Alt Blacks coming from different hatchies, *we* don't know or see any of that so to us users it just looks wrong and rather stupid) 

That's because (iWKeZ) was from a curled alt. It's weird but it's how it is...

Bumping this because I am having a similar issue with my Aeons sorting. I sort by breed (not legacy sort).

I am having issues with:

1. Growing hatchlings and eggs appearing in the middle of adult dragons

2. Adult dragons not sorting by oldest to youngest as they usually do.

OW6KJfU.jpg?1

I do not have sort set up to keep eggs/hatchlings at top of scroll (some end up there anyway, since I use negative numbers to keep certain dragons at the top of my scroll). (Because of this, new eggs are numbered as 0 but this is normal for this setup as anyone who uses it knows and does not affect the issue of sorting by breed.)

Periodically I do a new “sort by breed” to clean up the front pages of my scroll. Have noticed this issue the past couple of sorts.

Here they are after I choose “sort by breed” (before adding my special dragons to top of scroll).

The Aeons sort like that because of their Precog cooldown sprites. They always move to the bottom, including after eggs and hatchlings.

UDKDNh3.png

Edited by Keileon

20 hours ago, Keileon said:

The Aeons sort like that because of their Precog cooldown sprites. They always move to the bottom, including after eggs and hatchlings.

UDKDNh3.png

Oh wow, thank you! I never noticed that after precog they have a different sprite. So it sorts by normal sort (breed in my case and I believe age with oldest adult at top to youngest at bottom), then growing hatchlings/eggs, then frozens (?) then the precogged sprites?

Wait ....  I just realized that there is a precogged adult sprite at the top of all my other regular sprites. It sorts (per breed sort) precogged adult sprite, normal adults, eggs/hatchlings, more precogged sprites.

These are the current sprites at the top of my Aeons:

szWZ6y3.jpg?1

@missy_Just curious, is the one at the top actually still on cooldown? their have been reports of some Aeons still showing the sprite after the time has passed. (likely a cache issue)

Rosie does actually show at the top if I look too - and I have no cache issue with missy's scroll; I have never been to it before that I recall.

Hi folks!

I figured out what was happening. It probably has to do with the weird way I sort my scroll (Manual Custom Sort/Breed/Then I have a few dragons I set negative numbers to so they appear at the top of my scroll).

@DragonLady86 and @Fuzzbucket are correct; Rosie was still on cooldown but it wasn't a cache issue; it has to do with my personalized scroll sort.  If I had gone in and performed another Manual Custom Sort after I used her BSA, she would have sorted properly.  It could also have been because at that point I had several dragons with the number "0" stuck in limbo, and maybe Rosie was stuck in limbo, too.  Hope that made sense!

Bottom line: everything is working as it should be! Nothing is broken. :)

Thanks, all.  :nyan:

Edited by missy_