Cinnamin Draconna

ANSWERED:Zombie/Undead related question

The Wiki says that " All dragon breeds can be zombified, even DC drakes, Vampires, pygmies and two-headed dragons. " However, there are a few specifics that I would like to verify.

ALT Black, ALT Vine, ALT Undine - ALT blacks and vines have different sprites than their normal versions, but would their zombie sprite be different?

................................................ - ALT Undines are just recolors of their normal version, would their zombie sprite be different?

Edit: so probably not an issue

Hybrids - can you zombify a hybrid?

Sinomorph? - also probably not an issue

Chicken? - guess I'll rule out chickens, papers and cheeses

Unbreedables such as Papers and Cheeses can become Undead dragons, albeit ungendered. And zombifying limited editions is not recommended, because they can't be replaced.

The only exception to that 'all' that I'm aware of is Dinos. Dinos can't be zombified because they don't have a revive action.

Am I missing anything?

Edited by Cinnamin Draconna

Alts would have the same zombie sprites as the normal versions, since zombies are reliant on the type of dragon (western, wingless, etc) than the specific breed.

Non-dragons like chickens and dinos can't be zombified, and I see no reason why Sinomorphs wouldn't be able to since they have a Kill acton.

Yeah, zombies depend on the category/type of dragon, not the specific breed. Alts and hybrids would simply have the zombie of the type of dragon they are, wyvern or western or whatever.

I am wary of Papers and Cheeses, another user's results gave me the impression that while they should be zombieable/have been zombied before, that functionality might be broken by now? But on paper they SHOULD be able to turn.

Any ungendered zombies found could have been ungendered Neglecteds, which just helps muddy the results even more.

Edited by Mangrit

1 hour ago, Mangrit said:

I am wary of Papers and Cheeses, another user's results gave me the impression that while they should be zombieable/have been zombied before, that functionality might be broken by now? But on paper they SHOULD be able to turn.

Ha, that was probably me. I failed to turn 38 Papers and Cheeses. On Halloween, when the odds of getting a zombie are the best. No successes. And that's after a year of steady but less spectacular failures in that department. I would also strongly suggest not trying Papers or Cheeses at this time.

I'm still curious about hybrids. Since the two breeds used to make a hybrid can be different types, which type does the hybrid fall under? Which undead sprite would the hybrid receive?

Each hybrid has its own Encyclopedia page which tells you its body type.

Thanks everyone.. now I won't waste time trying to zombify something that won't work.

This thread can be closed now. :)