Erra

Snow Angel Breed

17 minutes ago, fuzzbucket said:

Oh god yes, I agree with this. Absolutely no backsies. Even though my gut suddenly says mine could be WHITE after all !

So much temptation! But yeah, while I would love to just change everything to be all the colors, they've already bred and had babies.  Altermatively, you could also have the aegis-like option that becomes permanent after your adult has offspring (for those people who are extra unsure). 

I also totally understand @olympe's logic for how Adopt works. :3 Support on this theory.  

17 minutes ago, Sazandora said:

Seconding this.

8 minutes ago, LibbyLishly said:

I'd be happy with that.

Thirding.

2 hours ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

Again I'm fine with anything except alternating years or completely random results.

My personal preference is that SAs breed true but hatchies can be influenced by adult SAs to the SAs color.

@Marie19R temperature influencing gender is a real world thing for some reptiles, whereas I don't think feather development is (although I guess you could apply the same logic). Personally I'd fancy an adopt BSA either works by ~magic~ or by SA adults guiding the hatchies to eat foods that help influence feather development. Our scroll's "normal" color shows what foods are most common in the area. Heck, maybe it's a combo of both! Note that this has no actual bearing on what suggestions I think work, it's just fun to puzzle over ^^

In the real world, certain pigments are only obtained from food (or the act of dying the white feathers, like certain birds do, but that's less relevant)--in particular, reds and yellows. You can easily handwave away any color influence with different levels of different carotenoids in the diet. 

I think we've had enough debate on this topic.  Good points have been made on all sides.

However, once again it has disintegrated into name calling and insults.  This was over the warnings of TWO moderators, so I have no intention of re-opening this topic anytime soon.

DC is a game and the mechanics of it is not worth fighting over.  Friendly debate is fine, but insults absolutely are not.