Erra

Snow Angel Breed

7 minutes ago, Dragon_Arbock said:

@Erra Read the rest of the thread before commenting. That quote isn't even relevant anymore, TJ himself came in and said change is possible. And people have already mentioned giving Snow Angels the bsa to 'adopt' eggs to make them their own color.

I try but i dont understand most of this ;/ translator dont help too much

Can you write in short text whats happen when i dont look on topic? 

Ugh how i can ping ;-;

Edited by Erra

@Erra
Oh um. TJ said he would think about letting users obtain all colors instead of being scroll locked to one. We are currently discussing the best way to do that.

One idea was to have eggs be the color of their parents. Another idea was to rotate what variant everyone would get each year. A third idea was to have it be determined by the scroll the egg hatched on, but then if traded they would keep that color. The last idea was to have a BSA which will change an egg to be the color of the user of the BSA, and have it retained when trading a hatching.

Personally, it seems the best option right now is the have them breed their color, and then have the BSA available for anyone who wants to do alternating color lineages.

1 minute ago, Dragon_Arbock said:

@Erra
Oh um. TJ said he would think about letting users obtain all colors instead of being scroll locked to one. We are currently discussing the best way to do that.

One idea was to have eggs be the color of their parents. Another idea was to rotate what variant everyone would get each year. A third idea was to have it be determined by the scroll the egg hatched on, but then if traded they would keep that color. The last idea was to have a BSA which will change an egg to be the color of the user of the BSA, and have it retained when trading a hatching.

Personally, it seems the best option right now is the have them breed their color, and then have the BSA available for anyone who wants to do alternating color lineages.

(sorry i dont know what code use to ping ;/)

Thx for this shorted version, the most important think i understand - admin give hope for whitewinged Angel or maybe even all  wingpatterns<3 Any way what can give me chance for my fav pattern is good for me ^^

I am absolutely against being able to change wing colors on dragons that are already adults.

I could accept having eggs become the color of their parents. I would hate having rotating variants. That just makes it nearly impossible to breed lineages -- it is bad enough building lineages with seasonals and having to wait a year if you don't get what you need in one season. Having to wait 3 years is simply too long for a dragon that only produces one clutch of eggs a year! The BSA idea might be okay if we could choose what color it makes the egg. I also think it could work to have the egg stay whatever variant is on the scroll that it hatches on.

But to be honest I am not sure it really needs to change at all. It is one of those quirky little variants that I kind of like about the game.:)

10 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

I am absolutely against being able to change wing colors on dragons that are already adults.

GOD - did someone suggest that ? NO WAY. I have a few lineages done with the kind help of others. I don't want them, wrecked.

2 minutes ago, fuzzbucket said:

GOD - did someone suggest that ? NO WAY. I have a few lineages done with the kind help of others. I don't want them, wrecked.

I think, to be honest, it has only been mentioned in the negative in this thread, but I just wanted to be sure to go on record with my feelings, too.:P

You know, the rotation system (one year white-tipped, then gold, then tri-color, then starting anew) could work if our adults got the ability to "influence" new eggs to be the same as them. We'd also need a very clear "word of TJ" on which way the rotation goes. (white-gold-tri or tri-gold-white does make a difference. Please no random changes, though!)

Pros: You'll automatically get all colors over time. (Should help players who aren't in contact with anyone else for whatever reason there is.) => No cooperation is needed!

You'll be able to get your "original" colors via "influence". Eventually, you'll be able to influence each egg as needed.

Con: You might need a lot of "influences".

It'll take you three years to get all the colors. 

It would also take you three times as long to create lineages with ONE type! :o

21 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

It would also take you three times as long to create lineages with ONE type! :o

Ouch. Yet another reason against ! I have no CBs anyway and am working on a lineage with the one I had hoped to get. Which all depends on the kindness of others...

Yeah, I'm not in favor of the different vatiants rotating every year. That would cause more harm than good. Sorry.

Please, no rotating variants. Three years to get another generation of a single line is too much...

The best answer is probably the one where the scroll the dragon hatched on determines its wing type, since I can see people (myself included) hatching dragons then sending them to the AP as long as they're aware of the change.

15 minutes ago, Guillotine said:

Please, no rotating variants. Three years to get another generation of a single line is too much...

The best answer is probably the one where the scroll the dragon hatched on determines its wing type, since I can see people (myself included) hatching dragons then sending them to the AP as long as they're aware of the change.

I agree about the rotating variants. That would be a nightmare for lineages.

The problem I see about your idea of sending hatchies to the AP is that the wing color does not show up on the Snow Angel hatchie. So anyone picking up a hatchie from the AP would be playing a lotto game and wouldn't know if they won or lost until it was too late, because once it is grown up it can't be passed off to someoone else. Unless the S2 hatchie is changed to show the wing color the only way to be sure of what you are getting would be by direct trade.

Rotating would for sure take too long. Rotating is fine for breeds like Lunar Herlads because they can breed all year, but for Snow Angels it's once a year, and would make for very slow progress.

I still dislike the hatching on scroll idea. It requires too much cooperation between people and I support the game being played solo if a user chooses to.

1 hour ago, purplehaze said:

I agree about the rotating variants. That would be a nightmare for lineages.

The problem I see about your idea of sending hatchies to the AP is that the wing color does not show up on the Snow Angel hatchie. So anyone picking up a hatchie from the AP would be playing a lotto game and wouldn't know if they won or lost until it was too late, because once it is grown up it can't be passed off to someoone else. Unless the S2 hatchie is changed to show the wing color the only way to be sure of what you are getting would be by direct trade.

If implemented I imagine that the S2 would be edited to show wing color, for exactly the reasons you stated. Anything but the rotation idea would require it, and even then it would probably be mandatory so that you know where on the pattern you are.

I know we hashed other ideas, but what if the snow angel kept the colors of the scroll it was bred on (with a chance to influence to the color you want), so there's no need to interact beyond what you want to. 

I also support having wing colors of S2 hatchlings reflect what color they are going to be as adults.

5 minutes ago, Jazeki said:

I know we hashed other ideas, but what if the snow angel kept the colors of the scroll it was bred on (with a chance to influence to the color you want), so there's no need to interact beyond what you want to. 

I also support having wing colors of S2 hatchlings reflect what color they are going to be as adults.

This is my favorite idea suggested so far.

10 minutes ago, Guillotine said:

If implemented I imagine that the S2 would be edited to show wing color, for exactly the reasons you stated. Anything but the rotation idea would require it, and even then it would probably be mandatory so that you know where on the pattern you are.

Do we know that the spriters would be happy to do that ?

If this were to happen (and I am very high on the fence here) I think making the egg match the scroll colour of the scroll it came from would be enough. You can look at the lineage when you catch it, and dump it if it isn't  what you want.

@Jazeki That would be my choice among all the ideas that have been proposed -- to be able to influence the wing color yourself. Whether by a BSA or some other mechanism, it seems like this would be the simplest solution for everyone. Everyone can have what they prefer without having to depend on someone else to hatch an egg for them and they won't have to wait 3 years for the color they prefer.

8 minutes ago, Jazeki said:

This definitely seems like the simplest and most intuitive idea yet.

17 minutes ago, Jazeki said:

My only problem with this is, if influencing is limited to eggs, there's no way to know if you need to influence it after the first year of this change - its mother could be the breeder's scroll color, or she may not. I prefer the breeding true simply because you can just look at the lineage to see what wing color it will have.

... which means no more alternating colour lineages - which some people actually like.

And this is one of the big reasons I don't really support this change in the first place: Every single way of implementing it has *huge* downsides. I do *not* support the color being dependent on the scroll it hatches on, because I do *not* want to have to 100% rely on *other people* to get the different colors. I don't care if people say that tons of people would drop hatchies to the AP in that case, we don't *know* that will happen, and I'd rather not be limited by the relatively small amount of hatchies that people choose to drop. There will no doubt be *way* more eggs dropped then hatchies.

Breeding true means, as has been pointed out, no more alternating lineages. I don't care about that myself since I don't do lineages at all, but on behalf of all those awesome alternating lineages I've seen posted around the forums, I do not like that suggestion.

If they kept the colors of the scroll they were bred on but with an influence option, as has been pointed out, there would be no way of knowing what that color was until it's too late (since you can't go by the parent's colors, because the parents may have been influenced).

And maybe I'm in the minority here but I do not support changing the hatchling sprites to indicate wing color, partly because I love the hatchie sprites as they are (and the spriter obviously made them that way for a reason), and partly because I don't think it helps enough anyways. Holiday breeding/catching is *so* limited, 2 weeks at the most if the AP goes on forever like it did this Halloween, I'd honestly be rather pissed if I had to wait to hatch an SA egg, *and* raise it to 2nd-stage hatchie, just to know if it's even worth keeping. With dragons like Nebulas it's a pain even then, but at least those you can just try again and again and again... SA's are *way* too limited to be waiting that long.

9 minutes ago, Marie19R said:

f they kept the colors of the scroll they were bred on but with an influence option, as has been pointed out, there would be no way of knowing what that color was until it's too late (since you can't go by the parent's colors, because the parents may have been influenced).

But what if you could just influence it to be the color you want, without worrying about the color of the scroll it came from? That is why I think the influence option alone would be enough. If they continue as they are, growing up into the color of the scroll they grow up on, then you would know what color they would be without influence if you already had Snow Angels. And if this was your first, you could just influence it to be what you want.

How are you envisioning the Influence to work? From what I've read in this thread it's been suggested that an adult SA could influence an egg to be the adult's color... But that would mean you'd have to already *have* an adult SA of that color. The way you say "if this was your first" makes me think you are suggesting an Influence option independent of adult SA's, but I haven't seen that option really talked about here (although it's possible it was and I've just forgotten). If that's the case, how would it work?

1 hour ago, Ariento said:

My only problem with this is, if influencing is limited to eggs, there's no way to know if you need to influence it after the first year of this change - its mother could be the breeder's scroll color, or she may not. I prefer the breeding true simply because you can just look at the lineage to see what wing color it will have.

With this, you look at the parent and then decide from there if you want to influence.  I don't think it would be feasible to endlessly influence to be different colors and I imagine that you can only do this once per adult snow angel so it would be a waste to just influence an egg and toss it.

The bsa should only be applicable on your scroll--like pinks (except the color of the original scroll sticks, letting you go from there).For example, I have gold. She breeds more gold. That is default. That year, I pick up white wing. I let her grow up. Her default babies will be white, but I can influence them to be gold if they stay on my scroll.