Shadowdrake

Lyrical Lineages Guide and Database

Add a lineage!

Forum name:  catstaff

New lineageThe Bard's Song

Hear The Bard's Song here! (Blind Guardian)

Add a lineage!

New lineageValley Of The Queens

Listen to Ayreon's Queens singing here! (Floor Jansen, Anneke van Giersbergen, Marcela Bovio in Arjen Lucassen's Ayreon Universe live show)

Edited by catstaff

Add a lineage!

New lineageNo Bullets Fly - Sabaton

And since it's Sabaton, there's an interesting story behind the song. Check out the animated story video (the song is in the middle of the video) and make sure to watch all the way to the end for a beautiful moment.

Oh, I've been doing this by myself and didn't realize there was a community here! Hello! 

Forum name: Sinsdaemn

Lineages you made:

Add to front page? Yes please! 

Will you breed siblings for others if requested? I would adore it~ 

My goodness. Since the reboot there's been some changed lyrics for Puppycat and I also didn't realize a continuation!! 
With nebbles being as contrary, I'm scared to attempt the same pairing so may have to think a bit more on that project....

Edited by Sinsdaemn

Hurrah!  My latest project is FINALLY complete!  Trying to get the right breeds/colors from Nebulae and Carinas took foreeever. 

This one is based on one of my favorite interactions from one of my favorite sci-fi shows: Alien Nation.  It was so sadly short-lived, and still depicts issues with immigration, cultural differences, sexism, ablism, racism, and integration better than anything else I've ever seen.  The conversation is between Matt Sikes, a courageous human cop with a good heart but a whole crap-ton of passive bigotry, prejudice, and baggage, and his police partner George Francisco, a "newcomer" from a crashed spaceship, who is pregnant and has been struggling with the way his human peers react to a pregnant male. 

It was inspired because as soon as I saw the Carina hybrids (back when they were new!), their coloring reminded me of a lot of the 80s space effects in Alien Nation.  :D

Add a lineage!

Forum name:  Kelkelen

New lineageAlien Nation -- Real Men

Notes: Happy to breed for others!  Also, Nebulae are FICKLE.

Edited by Kelkelen

I love this thread, since eventually I'm gonna make lyric lineages once I have enough dragons to actually breed a bunch (still new). for now it'll be mostly bad puns and a couple song references. so bumping, and I'll be ctrl+f on that first page every time I wanna check if a whole song's been used before lol

I started working on my first lineage during the summer after seeing some of the excellent ones done by others.  I love First Aid Kit and decided that Black dragons have a bit of a wolfish look about them.  So my work in progress lineage is Wolf.  I've probably made it harder for myself by deciding to use two breeds, Black and Sinii Krai, and both sexes.  I'm aiming for a heart shape and am hoping to do the whole song.  If that proves too hard, I may do some rapid re-naming to drop it to just the first verse.   So far my dragon pairs seem very willing to produce Sinii Krai, but I'll need a few Blacks from them too.

I began by creating name holders using my BSA dragons and had been really mystified why a few seemingly very random phrases were unavailable.  I've literally just learned how to search dragons by their names and have discovered the culprit!  An apparently inactive player who joined in 2016 and disappeared about two years later after naming a handful of CB dragons and going no further.  No matter - I can be creative and find a few less than ideal names to get around it ;)

Forum name: Ladymadonna

Song or work: Wolf by First Aid Kit Listen here

Current generation/progress: 5th here https://dragcave.net/lineage/vvboX , but only 2nd on others. 

CBs/Breeds still needed: Provided they all prove compatible, I should have all that I need.

Will you breed siblings for others if requested? Yes

Edited by LadyMadonna
Completed lineage!

I just came back from a several year long hiatus, and noticed that I actually finished a lineage... And I also looked through the database and there is just so much absolutely amazing stuff all of you did. I am taking the next days to look through the front page and be happy listening to cool songs and reading great poems.

Add a lineage!

Forum name:  NightEagle

New lineage: Always look on the bright Side of Life

I actually only started this project because I needed a reason for more pinks and reds on my scroll. I now have enough to incubate-influence everything I need to. XD

I believe the Dragon Cave gods hate me!

I have been building a lyrical lineage (The Times They Are A'Changing) with Chronos and Aeons since 2019 and am finally down to the very last dragon needed. It should have been easy to get the Chrono I needed. Should have been. But my pair threw a STAT of all things! So now, what to do? It has no trade value because it is a 7th gen, massively inbred in the 2nd gen. Besides I really don't want anyone else to have the final gen of my lineage before I do. I guess I could go ahead and use it -- certainly a "change"! Or just keep it on my scroll and keep breeding for the Chrono? *sigh*

Two new ones, plus music links in case anyone's interested, as one's a relatively deep cut and the other is a band that's less well-known.

Add a lineage!

New lineage: Land Of Snow And Sorrow - WS

Add a lineage!

New lineage: Feel For You - Nightwish

Found this thread and noticed it was made after I went on a (very long) hiatus. However I do have lots of finished lineages and some still in progress so I thought I'd add them in here!

Forum name: Nyka

Lineages you made

Also in progress:

• 5G checker, antarean x anagallis it's time by imagine dragons
  • 5G checker, mistlet pygmy x magelight welcome home by radical face

Add to front page? Yes Please!

Will you breed siblings for others if requested? Absolutely, I love to gift them and sometimes breed to the AP.

I finished two new ones!

This was another one I just started because I needed more pinks and reds... But I still really like the outcome.

Add a lineage!

New lineage: Englishman in New York (Sting)

And this one literally took me ages and was continued over several times on and off dragcave. I learned my lesson on taking dragons of hugely different rarity for checker lineages. I am not sure whether this is still the same, but a long time it was at least difficult to get tsunamis out of frostbites. Anyway, here it is - I finally managed.

Add a lineage!

New lineage: Into the West (Lord of the Rings - End-credit)

Add a lineage!

Forum name:  purplehaze

New lineage: The Times They Are A-changin/Bob Dylan

Finally, after more than 3 years! I chose to inbreed the 2nd gen in order to avoid having to collect enough CB Aeons and Chronos for the CB gen. Call it lazy if you will, but if I hadn't done that I would be far from finished still.