Shadowdrake

Lyrical Lineages Guide and Database

Some people do also simply name their dragons lyrics without doing the "putting them together in a lineage" thing, so there might not be a project taken up at all.

Finished my first ever lyrical lineage! Took only a month, as I choose a rather short song, and didn't use the whole song since it just repeats.

Forum name: Echotuft

New lineageCan't Help Falling In Love  - By Elvis Presley

Notes: Final egg hasn't hatched yet, as it was just laid, but the lineage is complete in my eyes. Hatched Now! 

Dunno what song to do next, but prolly gonna do another rather short one, as I just started doing these lineages 😜 Have a song in mind tho.

Edited by Echotuft

Finished my first lyrical lineage today!

Forum name: Gravity2307

New lineagedive for dreams by E.E. Cummings

Will you breed siblings for others if requested? Of course!

Notes: The last egg was just laid today!

and starting a new one: 

Still a work in progress?

Song or work: Where the sea sleeps by Day6

CBs/Breeds still needed: CB Stratos and CB Celestials!

Edited by Gravity2307

Finished my second lyrical lineage!

Forum name: snakehands

New lineagehttps://dragcave.net/lineage/dc9mR Elastic Heart by Sia

Add to front page for display? yes

Will you breed siblings for others if requested? any time

Notes: I can breed the sapphire or xeno pair, whichever you like better

2 lyrical lineages still in progress:

Song or work: Chandelier by Sia and the Minecraft song by JackSepticEye and the Gregory Brothers (schmoyoho)

CBs/Breeds still needed: none, working on G2s+

Edited by Snakehands

Time to add some Ozzy to the collection.

Add a lineage!

Forum name: catstaff

New lineageMr. Crowley

Forum name: Paintra

Song or work: Far Away by Red Vox

Current generation/progress: I have a couple 2Gs, but mostly I'm still working on CBs at the moment. Here's my group!

CBs/Breeds still needed: A female dark myst pygmy, I believe? I'm almost done with my CBs :D

my name on this forum was previously Dew, and is currently Dew in the database - if that could be updated i would appreciate it! i would also like for my "dialogue snippets from Danganronpa UDG" and "Star Vs: All-Seeing Eye chant" lines to be removed from the database as well since i am trying to focus more on bigger projects. thank you!

i have a handful of new completed lines too:

Forum name: Sundew

New lineage:

Thorn - Namoli Brennett

Asymptotic - Louie Zong

Mandelbrot Set - Jonathan Coulton

She's Dead - Jim's Big Ego

Notes: breeding requests are ok for all of them, just DM me if interested

My first try on lyrical lineages. I'm quite ecstatic for this 🙂

Forum name: amamiyaRitsukabi29

Song or work: Sleepwalker - Man With A Mission

Current generation/progress: It's a spiral lineage, to 5th Gen now. Got the lyrics name reserved.

CBs/Breeds still needed: as of now I only need 3 more CB Stratoses

More Nightwish, this one from the new album, Human :||: Nature. Plus more Iron Maiden.

Add a lineage!

New lineageTribal

Add a lineage!

New lineage: Aces High

Edited by catstaff

Got a long one from Nightwish finished today! If anyone's curious, it's non-patterned on purpose - the song is about the history of earth, evolution, etc., and even includes quotes from Darwin and Sir Richard Dawkins. So, I thought it would be appropriate to just breed and take what came - survival of the fittest, after all!

Add a lineage!

New lineage: The Greatest Show on Earth

Built a lineage composed entirely of light-element dragons - "Lucifer" = "Light-Bringer"

Add a lineage!

Forum name:  Dirtytabs

New lineageSympathy for the Devil

Notes: *if you don't want it added, only bred at certain times, etc

finished my first lyrical lineage..! wish i couldve gotten it done a week sooner, since its got kinda a halloween theme going on, but i still love the song year round <:

Add a lineage!

Forum name:  InvaderAlexis

New lineage Nightmare On L.B. Street

Notes: this is my first completed one! 🥳 wasnt sure which form to use (this one or the other one) so i guess ill say here, please add me to the list, and i’m very happy to breed siblings! 

Forum name: Tinibree

Song or work: Running with the Wolves - Aurora

Current generation/progress: Gathering CBs.

CBs/Breeds still needed: 18 CB silvers and 21 CB Antareans. So gen 2 might start in a year XD

Forum name IOU

Lineages you made:  

ooO - Frozen - Ooo (somewhere out there in the world someone else must'd made another frozen lineage as well since I had to add spaces to get out of a lot of things...but that song wasn't in the database)

ooO - O Canada - Ooo

Add to front page?  Sure

Will you breed siblings for others if requested? Sure, I think I just tossed out one to AP too

Just wondering what is thought of about inbred song lineages? Some song have repeated lines (sometimes even huge chunk) and I had a real headache dealing with that in frozen. I'm thinking of doing Fire at some point (starting to collect CB I'll say!) and am seeing another huge chunk of repeated lines and honestly don't want to deal with them...  Just realized this is probably not possible b/c the repeated lyric probably don't show up symmetrically so you can't reuse them...

Edited by IOU

10 hours ago, IOU said:

Just wondering what is thought of about inbred song lineages? Some song have repeated lines (sometimes even huge chunk) and I had a real headache dealing with that in frozen. I'm thinking of doing Fire at some point (starting to collect CB I'll say!) and am seeing another huge chunk of repeated lines and honestly don't want to deal with them...  Just realized this is probably not possible b/c the repeated lyric probably don't show up symmetrically so you can't reuse them...

It depends on lineage shape. If you're doing an even-gen. and a branch of the lineage happens to line up with the same lyrics multiple times, you can repeat members. It wouldn't work with Frozen because there are specific breeds in a certain order.

https://dragcave.net/lineage/tmY3T This PB lineage contains only five CBs

https://dragcave.net/lineage/XUxb0 This one has the same gaia xenowyrm

If the repeated lyrics show up in the CB and it's the same gender as your originals it works, going into higher gens is trickier but you probably could at least in 2g if you really wanted to.

Forum name:  V1227

Song or work: Divine Hate (Devil May Cry 3 SE version)

Current generation/progress: Gen 3

CBs/Breeds still needed: none needed now

Edited by V1227