Shadowdrake

Lyrical Lineages Guide and Database

Can you believe a year and a half later I finally finished one!

Forum name: Snakehands

Lineage you made: Sia's Bird set Free: https://dragcave.net/lineage/snaYs

Add to front page? Yes, please

Will you breed siblings for others if requested? Yes

Still working on: 

Forum name: Snakehands

Song or work: Sia's Chandelier

CBs/Breeds still needed: NA

Song or work: Sia's Elastic Heart

Song or work: Shmoyoho/JackSepticEye's Minecraft song

All of my lyrical lineage projectshttps://dragcave.net/group/75308

Edited by Snakehands

I have Finally completed a Line. 

Forum name: Tinibree

Lineages you madeLeaves from the Vine (Avatar)

Add to front page? Yes

Will you breed siblings for others if requested? Yes. 

Forum name: Peachycupcake525

Lineages you made: Shinigami Record (vocaloid song by Jin, used the unofficial translation by KiwiLapis)

Add to front page? Yes

Haven't done something like this before but I thought it would be fun to!

Still a work in progress? 

Forum name: Gravity2307

Song or work: Sylvia Plath's The Night Dances

Current generation/progress: 8th Generation

CBs/Breeds still needed: CB Nebulas! Can't seem to find any these days. 

Song or work: Dive for Dreams

Current generation/progress: 2nd Generation

CBs/Breeds still needed: NIL

Edited by Gravity2307

Hopefully this isn't considered spam, but I just had a question about naming dragons for a lyrical lineage. I made a bit of a mistake and picked a song where, well, the words aren't 'curses'; but they're not super PG friendly. 

Should I pick another song and scrap what I have, use different words as work arounds, of keep the words/names 'as is'?

The song in question

Is there a publicly-known version floating around with scrubbed lyrics? (Occasionally done, I think.) Or a radio edit? I think a mod once said a line of dashes is a reasonable way to censor.

I wouldn't risk losing naming rights. I'm pretty sure that'd be a resounding no over at the name check thread.

1 hour ago, Dirtytabs said:

Is there a publicly-known version floating around with scrubbed lyrics? (Occasionally done, I think.) Or a radio edit? I think a mod once said a line of dashes is a reasonable way to censor.

I wouldn't risk losing naming rights. I'm pretty sure that'd be a resounding no over at the name check thread.

Thank you for the suggestion, Tabs. I found a version of the lyrics that Glee did, so that should be pretty safe.

Add a lineage!

Forum name: Dirtytabs

New lineage: Other Friends

Notes

Forgot arias can produce pinks, so this project went on many months longer than I had hoped.

Hello, that's a great topic. I finished a Sonet from Shakespeare a long time ago (I think there is a separat threa for it), but of course it does fit here to.

Forum name:  Drachenbraut

Lineages you madeShakespeare Sonnet 91

Add to front page?  Yes, please!

Will you breed siblings for others if requested? Of course!

And I also deceided to start a new project!

Forum name:  Drachenbraut

Song or work:  Let him go (by Passenger covered by Birdy)

Current generation/progress:  2gen Breeding, check it out on my scroll: https://dragcave.net/group/133669

CBs/Breeds still needed: Breeding started!

Edited by Drachenbraut
Upate

i totally forgot to update this now that i've finished it

Forum name: WorldofValdis

Lineages you made: Bury a Friend

Add to front page? Yes

finally starting my own project..! never done one before ^^ sharing my progress

Forum name: InvaderAlexis

Song or work: Nightmare on L.B. Street

Current generation/progress: collecting the last of the cbs i need and starting to breed gen2

CBs/Breeds still needed: male hellfires and female reds, but i prefer to collect them myself

Group: https://dragcave.net/group/133777

hopefully i can get it done by halloween, but im not sure how good my luck will be

Forum name: ScourgeOfBC

Lineages you madeLemon Demon (by Lemon Demon)

Add to front page? Yes

Will you breed siblings for others if requested? Of course!

i'm currently working on seven lyrical lineages because i have no sense of self-control and I get bored when I can't make progress- someone needs to stop me haha

Edited by ScourgeOfBC

9 hours ago, ScourgeOfBC said:

i'm currently working on seven lyrical lineages because i have no sense of self-control and I get bored when I can't make progress- someone needs to stop me haha

I'm almost as bad. Actively working on five, collecting CBs for a sixth, and have full CB collections waiting to start breeding for a couple more. Oh, and one other that I need a couple of CB Staterae for (keeping fingers crossed that the market price will stay where it is for at least another four months!) plus one more CB pair that I really want to be wyrms of some sort, so I'm hoping there will be another wyrm released by the time I manage to get those Stateraes. And considering what I'll sub in if there isn't one.

2 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Found a sibling! What's this about?

It's the opening monologue for the Witcher 3, plays before the main menu when you start up the game! It's an establishing speech about the premise/history of the game's world. Some great voice acting and visuals accompany it.

Forum name: heibangbls

Song or work: Stargazers - Nightwish

Current generation/progress: Breeding and collecting CBs

CBs/Breeds still needed: 3 female astaarus dragons, I can collect them by myself, no worry ^ ^

Group: https://dragcave.net/group/134864 

I feel like somebody else is making this song because some of the lyrics are named already. Please let me know if you are going to make the whole song.

Song or work: The Siren - Nightwish

Current generation/progress: Breeding

CBs/Breeds still needed: NA

Group: https://dragcave.net/group/133712 

15 hours ago, heibangbls said:

Forum name: heibangbls

Song or work: Stargazers - Nightwish

Current generation/progress: Breeding and collecting CBs

CBs/Breeds still needed: 3 female astaarus dragons, I can collect them by myself, no worry ^ ^

Group: https://dragcave.net/group/134864 

I feel like somebody else is making this song because some of the lyrics are named already. Please let me know if you are going to make the whole song.

Song or work: The Siren - Nightwish

Current generation/progress: Breeding

CBs/Breeds still needed: NA

Group: https://dragcave.net/group/133712 

Meep! I'm getting competition for Nightwish lyrics!

That said, neither Stargazers nor The Siren were on my to-be-done list, so I'm not the one giving you issues with the lyrics... but I'm currently working on Shoemaker (carinas, and dang, the nebbies and ridgewings are being stubborn) as well as Sagan (still collecting elux lucis dragons) plus The Greatest Show on Earth (kind of random, survival-of-the-fittest, 32 different CB breeds). I've already done Sleeping Sun, Walking in the Air, and Romanticide. Trying to get a pair of staterae for My Walden with wyrm-type dragons. Got a bunch of other NW songs on the "I want to do this" list as well, but haven't figured out what dragons to put with the songs in question.

Can you manage to get the names you want by using hyphens instead of spaces, or by double-spacing instead of single? That's what I ended up doing for a couple of my lyrical lineages, when I realized halfway through the naming process that someone else had already done those songs. One was listed here already (so apparently I'm blind at times, because I completely missed it on the list!) but one wasn't. Unfortunately, some people do lyrical lineages without listing them here (maybe even not being on the forum at all) so that could be the issue.

7 hours ago, catstaff said:

Meep! I'm getting competition for Nightwish lyrics!

That said, neither Stargazers nor The Siren were on my to-be-done list, so I'm not the one giving you issues with the lyrics... but I'm currently working on Shoemaker (carinas, and dang, the nebbies and ridgewings are being stubborn) as well as Sagan (still collecting elux lucis dragons) plus The Greatest Show on Earth (kind of random, survival-of-the-fittest, 32 different CB breeds). I've already done Sleeping Sun, Walking in the Air, and Romanticide. Trying to get a pair of staterae for My Walden with wyrm-type dragons. Got a bunch of other NW songs on the "I want to do this" list as well, but haven't figured out what dragons to put with the songs in question.

Can you manage to get the names you want by using hyphens instead of spaces, or by double-spacing instead of single? That's what I ended up doing for a couple of my lyrical lineages, when I realized halfway through the naming process that someone else had already done those songs. One was listed here already (so apparently I'm blind at times, because I completely missed it on the list!) but one wasn't. Unfortunately, some people do lyrical lineages without listing them here (maybe even not being on the forum at all) so that could be the issue.

Thanks for the suggestion! Ghost Love Score is on my to do list (still at very early stage, I'm collecting CBs but I don't have plan for the lineage yet, if you wanna do this one then I'll do Ghost River instead), may do Wishmaster + the misheard version (depends on my time, and I don't have plan for the lineage either).

1 hour ago, heibangbls said:

Thanks for the suggestion! Ghost Love Score is on my to do list (still at very early stage, I'm collecting CBs but I don't have plan for the lineage yet, if you wanna do this one then I'll do Ghost River instead), may do Wishmaster + the misheard version (depends on my time, and I don't have plan for the lineage either).

Go ahead with Ghost Love Score if it's on your list. And definitely Wishmaster + the Misheard Lyrics version. Hamster! A Dentist! Hard Pr0n, Steven Seagull! Warrior! A Rifle! In Me, The Fishmaster!

I'm looking at The Islander, How's the Heart, Sahara, and Nemo as possibles, but nothing started, of course. Oh, and High Hopes, which I know is a Pink Floyd song but I adore the NW cover from End of an Era. I'd really love to do The Poet and the Pendulum, but I'd have to think what I could sub in for a few of the words that I think would get flagged as inappropriate. Might have to be a "bore" for the cold world or something. And if I do that, I'd really like to also do Bye Bye Beautiful and Master Passion Greed - although there's another one that will definitely need a subbed word thanks to that f-bomb in there. Still, might as well show the anger as well as the depression, right?

And maybe I'll even go really nuts and try a lineage for Marko's solo tune, Isaani Aani. Anglicized spelling, of course, since Dragon Cave doesn't allow for umlauts in names, but I really prefer the Finnish version to the English.

Sigh. So many projects, so few egg slots. (Relatively speaking, of course.)

28 minutes ago, catstaff said:

Go ahead with Ghost Love Score if it's on your list. And definitely Wishmaster + the Misheard Lyrics version. Hamster! A Dentist! Hard Pr0n, Steven Seagull! Warrior! A Rifle! In Me, The Fishmaster!

I'm looking at The Islander, How's the Heart, Sahara, and Nemo as possibles, but nothing started, of course. Oh, and High Hopes, which I know is a Pink Floyd song but I adore the NW cover from End of an Era. I'd really love to do The Poet and the Pendulum, but I'd have to think what I could sub in for a few of the words that I think would get flagged as inappropriate. Might have to be a "bore" for the cold world or something. And if I do that, I'd really like to also do Bye Bye Beautiful and Master Passion Greed - although there's another one that will definitely need a subbed word thanks to that f-bomb in there. Still, might as well show the anger as well as the depression, right?

And maybe I'll even go really nuts and try a lineage for Marko's solo tune, Isaani Aani. Anglicized spelling, of course, since Dragon Cave doesn't allow for umlauts in names, but I really prefer the Finnish version to the English.

Sigh. So many projects, so few egg slots. (Relatively speaking, of course.)

Oooooo I love your plan and I'm so excited!! Are you going to do other metal bands? I wish I could do songs from Wintersun and Delain. Land of Snow and Sorrow by Wintersun is a good choice for me :D haven't decided which song from Delain yet but I'm looking for Apocalypse & Chill (album) or Sing to Me (another Marko song!!Yay!!!!). That's a long way to go.