Shadowdrake

Lyrical Lineages Guide and Database

Forum name: Ariento
Song or work: The Sith Code (I hope that counts, it's not really a song or poem but I think it's really lovely)
Current generation/progress: 1 (going to be a stair with CB male Seragammas and bred red nebulas)
CBs/Breeds still needed: 3 CB male Seragamma Wyverns (not looking for donations of eggs right now, as I'm focusing on grabbing eggs for the one below, some IOUs, and breeding non-lyrical lineages. hatchlings are good though!)

Forum name: Ariento
Song or work: Sing to Me by Delain
Current generation/progress: Only have a single CB Coastal Waverunner
CBs/Breeds still needed: 3 Coastal Waverunners, 4 Electrics, and 14 Celestials (all CB. Lineage will also include Storm-Riders, from the 2nd generation onward.)

I couldn't find an existing lineage pattern with 42 lines for the Delain one, so I made this one out of 4 stairs:

5a4a69b2de1dc_singtomelineage.thumb.png.0830a097b0d5ed1382266eb92b8268ad.png

@Ariento I have been trying to figure out how to work 42 lines into a pattern. That is a very creative way to do it. Do you mind if I steal your idea?

Just now, purplehaze said:

@Ariento I have been trying to figure out how to work 42 lines into a pattern. That is a very creative way to do it. Do you mind if I steal your idea?

Go ahead! All I ask is that you use different breeds than I am, and if you could credit me with the idea that would be awesome. 

4 minutes ago, Ariento said:

Go ahead! All I ask is that you use different breeds than I am, and if you could credit me with the idea that would be awesome. 

Oh, yeah, I plan on using Candelabras and possibly Lunar Heralds or some other Light element dragons. None of the ones you are using there. :) Thanks, and I will be glad to credit you (if I ever get it done!)

Forum name: Jelly_Doughnut

Song or work: Bee Movie

Current generation/progress: Collecting CBs

CBs/Breeds still needed: Any dragons that happen to be either black or yellow. (Honey Drakes, Black Dragons, Brimstone Dragons, Dark Lumina Dragons, Turpentine Dragons, etc.)

Edited by Jelly_Doughnut

@Ariento That is a neat idea! However, I'm not sure if it'll be easily readable/the lines will flow well when ordered vertically with such wide space between them. Have you considered having them go down the stairs instead, either in a short up-down zigzag or from one row to the next?

Also, do you mind if I add your pic as an example in the Uncategorized lineages? With credit as requested, of course.

@Jelly_Doughnut Good luck with that lineage XD

@Shadowdrake yeah I might do left to right instead of up to down. I'll figure it out once I'm done breeding the lineage. And you can use it as an example.

5 hours ago, Mow said:

@Jelly_Doughnut

Honey Drakes would be hard to include with blacks and the others, Drakes only breed with other Drakes!

I know, but think of how great of a meme that would be. I was originally going to only use Honey Drakes, but after some calculation I realized it would be almost impossible to actually do that. 

Forum name:  catstaff

New lineage:The Show Must Go On

My newest lyrical lineage, in tribute to Freddie Mercury and Queen. Off to re-arrange the scroll, now that the naming is done! :D

This is such a lovely idea! Wish I'd seen this thread before, but better late than never as they say :D So I would love to add my babies too please.

Forum name:  lanette

Lineages you made:  

Add to front page?  Yes please

Will you breed siblings for others if requested?  Be happy to :)

This thread has been super helpful, it encouraged me to start my own lineage, based off a portion of the play Cyrano de Bergerac.

Forum name:  brisingrrider1

Song or work:  except of Cyrano de Bergerac by Edmond Rostand

Current generation/progress:  Working on 2cd gen, getting a few more 1st gens because the lineage plan isn't even

CBs/Breeds still needed:  (1) CB White Male, (1) CB Female Azure Glacewing

Edited by brisingrrider1

Hey, I have seen these around and decided I'd try my hand at it.

Forum name:  Shadowlugia711

Song or work:  Friends on the Other Side

Current generation/progress:  Collecting cb dargins

CBs/Breeds still needed: 18 CB Green Nebulas and 22 CB Female Spirit Wards

Edited by Shadowlugia711

12 hours ago, Shadowlugia711 said:

Hey, I have seen these around and decided I'd try my hand at it.

Forum name:  Shadowlugia711

Song or work:  Friends on the Other Side

Current generation/progress:  Collecting cb dargins

CBs/Breeds still needed: 18 CB Green Nebulas and 22 CB Female Spirit Wards

I'll remember you when my next bunch of spirit wards genders female 😂

On 11/11/2017 at 4:34 PM, MaeTM said:

Yey!

Forum name: MaeTM

Song or work: Shiny

Current generation/progress: Breeding 4Gs 

CBs/Breeds still needed: //

Ugh.

Current generation/progress: Permanently stuck breeding 4Gs :rolleyes:

On 28.11.2017 at 3:31 PM, Mow said:

Song or work: The Chandrian Song (out of 'The Kingkiller Chronicles')

Current generarion/progress: breeding 2g, for Lunar Heralds its not so easy 😂

CBs/Breeds still needed: none

Made it to 3g lol next gold phase i try to finish it :3

Oooh, this looks interesting! It'll probably take me ages to finish though.

Forum name: WildestRose

Song or work: Jamaica National Anthem

Current generation/progress: Only have the first CB Male, and one other CB egg.

CBs/Breeds still needed: (Depending on what the egg genders to) 3-4 CB male Magelights, 4-5 CB female Magelights

On 1/19/2018 at 11:20 PM, Shadowdrake said:

Forum name: Shadowdrake

New lineageFriller (Michael Jackson's Thriller)

I LOVE it!  Really nice creative pattern, with all the neat 'spooky' breeds mixed with Frills, and I always love when there's a mirrored pattern so you can see both the male and female sprite forms.  And the "Friller" part is so cute!  <3  *applauds!* 

I've got a couple I need to put here, or work on and then put here.  Glad to find this threat exists!  And all of you, such nice lineages.  I enjoyed browsing the links!

I've got a couple songs I'd like to make lyric lineages for but they're 24 lines and 32-34 lines so I can't easily fit them into EGs, does anyone have any ideas for how to make it work with these amounts of lines? I'd prefer not to change the number as it would disrupt the flow of the song.

This looks like fun :D

Forum name: Saami

Song or work: Dreaming My Way Home from Rogue Galaxy

Current generation/progress: 4th gen for one half of it

CBs/Breeds still needed: Since I have plenty of pillows, I'm in need of more CB crimson royals, if I'm going to do the whole song.

7 hours ago, Silvynx said:

I've got a couple songs I'd like to make lyric lineages for but they're 24 lines and 32-34 lines so I can't easily fit them into EGs, does anyone have any ideas for how to make it work with these amounts of lines? I'd prefer not to change the number as it would disrupt the flow of the song.

You can play around with stairs. I have a 22/23 lines setup for this lineage for instance!