Jump to content
Leidarendi

Way to jump to dragon breed within scroll?

Recommended Posts

I still support this suggestion all these years later. Mine are breed sorted and I still have to guestimate what page a dragon I want is going to be on (if I remember the breed name). 

Share this post


Link to post

This way would be way less painful for mobile users who get locked to 50 dragons a page.

Share this post


Link to post
20 hours ago, Shadowdrake said:

This way would be way less painful for mobile users who get locked to 50 dragons a page.

 

YES! When I'm on mobile, I have like 300482882 pages of dragons. Finding one breed in the middle can take many, many tries!

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/12/2020 at 8:05 PM, Shadowdrake said:

This way would be way less painful for mobile users who get locked to 50 dragons a page.

Amen to that. On PC (which I rarely use now) I'm at just 6 or 7 pages for 3,000+ dragons. On mobile = 65 pages

Share this post


Link to post

Agreed about the mobile part. I play on desktop as much as I can because of it!

Share this post


Link to post

i dont understand why this isnt implemented yet. we already have the search function on-site already with the fertility feature. so why can't we just have that for the entire scroll too?? why hasnt this been implemented yet!??! GAAHhh

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/12/2020 at 12:26 PM, ComatosedRoses said:

I have mine set up so my scroll is organized by Breed Name, and I learned the pages, so if I click Page 4 I am in the middle of dragons whose name start with M and the page scrolls down to dragons whose names start with P. Though it would be cool to have a drop down menu like in the trading hub where if I scroll and hit say, my new favorite breed, Pargulus, it will bring all of them up for me.

 

*uneasy laugh* Oh yeah, I used to know what page every breed was on, if they were top or bottom of page, etc etc. My Celestials were on pages 3 and 4, and my Royal Blues started on page 9 I believe. Using the drop-down temp breed sort. Now... Let's see, my Celestials don't show until page 7, my Royal Blues don't start until page 14, and I now have a disappointingly large number of newer breeds that I only have a few of which means often scrolling right past them even if I know what page they should be on.

 

I'm not one that would use this feature a lot, I don't think, but at this point it has my full support. DC used to be a much smaller game but now with over 250 different breeds it can definitely get frustrating to find one specific breed.

Share this post


Link to post
51 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

 

*uneasy laugh* Oh yeah, I used to know what page every breed was on, if they were top or bottom of page, etc etc. My Celestials were on pages 3 and 4, and my Royal Blues started on page 9 I believe. Using the drop-down temp breed sort. Now... Let's see, my Celestials don't show until page 7, my Royal Blues don't start until page 14, and I now have a disappointingly large number of newer breeds that I only have a few of which means often scrolling right past them even if I know what page they should be on.

 

I'm not one that would use this feature a lot, I don't think, but at this point it has my full support. DC used to be a much smaller game but now with over 250 different breeds it can definitely get frustrating to find one specific breed.

 

 

14 pages, holy moly. I don't think I am prepared to get that far, I am currently only on 7 pages right now. 

Share this post


Link to post

My own solution for this is to sort by breed and name at least 1 dragon after the breed so I can Ctrl + F and jump to it in the sorting and breeding pages. Not useful if I'm trying to find the page number, inconvenient, and incompatible with some naming schemes. As DC continues to get more dragons, some improvement to scroll navigation is gonna be necessary; we have improved already with the drop-down filters and sort options, but this would definitely be a step up - there are many people with 250+ breeds spread out across thousands of dragons, and the current sorting methods just don't work with that.

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks everyone for your support and feedback.  Same as with you, while my scroll is 15 pages long on a regular computer, on my phone its 143 pages.  Either way, I have no idea on which page a particular dragon/breed is located and so it would be great to be able to jump right to them.

Share this post


Link to post

I support an in-scroll breed search as well.  

 

Part of the coding is already there, if it helps. 

 

The Fertility page page has a search on it already, if you go to a purple dragon's BSA page you can search up a term, and the dragon types and those with that name will pop up as well.

For example, if you type in "Prize", all your prizes load in, as well as any dragons with 'Prize' in their name.  If you type in a specific dragon's name, the dragon with that name will be listed.

You just can't open links to any dragons that you aren't immediately fertilizing. And you can't do this if you are out of fertility BSAs.  

So a search is only partly there.  

Share this post


Link to post

My scroll is 25 pages. I need this STAT. Finding breeds and mates is frustrating to the ENTH.

Share this post


Link to post

I think this post is relevant:

 

 O

Particularly, the part about adding headers to the various sorting options. Once those exist, it then makes sense to consider allowing jumping to those different headers.

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/18/2020 at 1:52 AM, TJ09 said:

I think this post is relevant:

 

 O

Particularly, the part about adding headers to the various sorting options. Once those exist, it then makes sense to consider allowing jumping to those different headers.

 

Hey thanks so much TJ.  That would be great if put into place!

Share this post


Link to post

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.