kreepers_killer

Make CB's cooldown shorter

It's really, really annoying to catch the wrong egg, and have to wait 5 HOURS to get rid of it. I'm 100% sure making it shorter, maybe 1 or 2h, would make the game much better. Please

Edited by kreepers_killer

It's so long to prevent people from grabbing cave blockers and throwing them in the AP which would disrupt the ratios. 

I definitely get the frustration, but yeah, there's a reason we have to wait 5 hours. If it was only 1 hour there would be a lot more people willing to just grab tons of "blockers" to move the biomes, because they could abandon them so quickly. Having an egg sit on your scroll for 5 hours makes you think twice about grabbing it just to move the biomes.

However, there has been a suggestion floating around to allow CB eggs to be *teleported* before the 5 hours are up, and I'd support that, because the egg would be going somewhere wanted instead of clogging up the AP.

4 minutes ago, Marie19R said:

However, there has been a suggestion floating around to allow CB eggs to be *teleported* before the 5 hours are up, and I'd support that, because the egg would be going somewhere wanted instead of clogging up the AP.

Wasn't the big concern about that giving people incentive to multiscroll, using the spare scroll (s) as a dumping ground for all the blockers? I mean, multiscrollers are multiscroll regardless; that was just my immediate first thought.

55 minutes ago, LibbyLishly said:

Wasn't the big concern about that giving people incentive to multiscroll, using the spare scroll (s) as a dumping ground for all the blockers? I mean, multiscrollers are multiscroll regardless; that was just my immediate first thought.

As I recall,. the idea was that they could be put in a teleport, but not collected for the full 5 hours. So I can catch at bedtime, and set up a teleport to someone in another time zone, go to bed and by the time I get up they can have taken it.

I agree about the multiscrolling thing. I don't think the 5 hours should be lessened. Frustrating though it can be.

Would that really affect the ratios though? thrown to AP they become more in demand later when their timer goes low after all? and less are being auto-removed when not picked from the biomes by the end of the hour?=more are actually in the poll in the game?

I also think 5h is ages, especially trading-wise. 3h could be a balance, it's still long but not like nearly  half a day long.

Could be dealt with the ability to initiate the teleport on them either by offering or using Magi (as suggested and reasoned above), also would be best if the trade could be accepted anyway, just needed 5h for the egg to actually change scrolls(and which would be unstoppable once the trade is accepted)? E, how many times I or my bf had a CB of what sb offering on the trademarket wanted but couldn't hope to be in time to offer that egg on it...

As much as I hated the cooldown during Halloween, I'm not exactly for lessening it. Then again, I'm not against it, either.

But I would like to be able to teleport CB eggs from the first minute, just keep the cooldown for abandoning with the egg. So, I catch the (for me) wrong CB egg, teleport it to someone who wants it, and that person cannot abandon the egg until it's at least five hours old. Seems legit, doesn't it?

And, regarding multiscrollers: Yes, they could use this method to cheat. Then again, they already can do the same thing by catching on their "extra" scrolls and teleporting the good stuff to their "main" scroll. In other words: Allowing eggs on cooldown to be teleported won't change a thing in this regard.

I honestly really dislike the "but multi-scrollers!" argument against any suggestions... The fact is that multi-scrolling happens, and it's going to happen with or without this (or any other) suggestion being implemented. If a multi-scroller wants to clear the biomes of 'blockers', why couldn't they just use their 2nd (or 3rd, or 4th) scroll to catch them on to begin with? I don't really see how allowing CBs to be teleported immediately would somehow *cause* multi-scrolling.

5 hours really isn't that long in the scheme of things... It's surely not half a day long (actually less then 1/4th of a day long), and compared to the time we have to wait to hatch an egg or to have a hatchling grow up, it's really nothing. But I do think it would be nice if we could teleport them and just have the 5 hours 'transfer' to the reciever.

I hate the 5 hour cool down, but I know it is there for a reason. One of those things that you just accept and deal with unfortunately.

8 hours ago, VixenDra said:

Would that really affect the ratios though? thrown to AP they become more in demand later when their timer goes low after all? and less are being auto-removed when not picked from the biomes by the end of the hour?=more are actually in the poll in the game?

This is... actually a really great point! I'd been neutral on the suggestion before (nobody LIKES the cooldown, but it does serve as a look before you leap incentive), but now I'd like to see the CD reduced to an hour. An hour is still long enough that people would think twice before just randomly clicking eggs or trying to empty biomes in search of rares, but at the same time having a considerably shorter waiting period would also give people more incentive to toss things to the AP--where they become more wanted due to lower time AND stay around to help balance the ratios, as mentioned above.

Although hm, having said that now I wonder if an alternative would be auto kicking anything that sits for over a minute... 

Personally, I wouldn't like the cool-down to be removed. It was implemented for a justifiable reason, indeed to maintain the cave's pace properly as well as to space out times for hunting. It may be bothersome, but other than the fact that the time length may cause annoyance to some, there is not a true problem with this mechanic per se. 

Edit for redundancy.

Edited by 888888

Worth considering: The five hour cooldown is effectively a nearly twenty-four hour cooldown for anyone with only five hours free time each day (which is true for quite a few people on workdays). Reducing the timer, even to e.g. 3 hours, would alleviate this effect considerably.

I do support reducing the cooldown, at least (five hours is a bit excessive for people who have limited time, which is most people), but TJ's vetoed removing it wholesale relatively recently.

(I'm just going to mention that auto-abandoning Cave eggs to the AP is a suggestion that does have its own thread somewhere. ;))

I completely, fully support reducing the cooldown. I wouldn't support removing it entirely even if that was an option, as that would make things *too* easy, but reducing it to 1 or 2, maybe 3 hours would reduce the 'punishment' given to people who just want to help give the biomes some movement.

(It would also lessen the pain every time I go 'ooooh SHINY!' and impulse-click on a Kingcrowne. -.-)

What about a BSA that would allow reducing (or better yet, eliminate) the cool-down time? That way it could be something you could only use once a month (per dragon) or something....which wouldn't encourage mass dumpings to the AP?

On 11/25/2017 at 2:23 AM, Rainsong said:

What about a BSA that would allow reducing (or better yet, eliminate) the cool-down time? That way it could be something you could only use once a month (per dragon) or something....which wouldn't encourage mass dumpings to the AP?

Long, per-dragon cooldowns can be easily bypassed by having many of the dragon, and end up being biased towards people who thus manage to collect a ton of a given breed.

I rather agree with TJ. I'm OK with the 5 hours - it seems reasonable. The ONLY Thing I would like changed would be to be able to put the egg in a teleport and send it to someone ready to use - one that cannot be collected till the CD is over. (NOT that can be teleported and wait it out with the new owner; that can be used to get round limits.) That way if I catch the egg I owe someone, I can set it up at once, for them to take whenever they can, without having to come back and do it 5 hours later.

So make it scroll wide instead of per dragon.

That said, I'm not a fan of the BSA thing. I'd rather it be more like Kill. Everyone misclicks sometimes. One or two "insta-abandons" per two weeks (going by Kill) per scroll isn't going to wreck the game, nor will it give much incentive to cycle blockers to the AP (though, I'm not clear on why that's a bad thing). However, it does allow some relief from the whole 'oh god now I'm stuck with this Canopy/Frill/whatnot for five hours' thing. 

I'd also agree that, since multiscrollers already do whatever they want anyway (and are still ultimately limited in how much they can send back to a main scroll by the overall growing things limit, also) I'd love to see any of the Teleport related variants be a thing. Even being able to set up a trade, without being able to accept an offer until the cooldown was up, would be really nice. I hate having to either wait to post a trade, or post and say "I have this but it's on cooldown".

Edited by Lurhstaap

A 5hr CD means that most people are only going to have a maximum of 3 chances to catch eggs per day, and that's IF they carefully plan it and have a timer set, and are free to play at those times.  Even I, who have a lot of leeway timewise, have a hard time catching eggs twice a day.  Someone with a strict schedule might only be able to catch eggs once a day.

I like the idea of a 2hr CD.  It's long enough to be a little annoying, but not so long that it penalizes players who don't have free time all day to play.  You can catch eggs at 7pm after you get home and have dinner, then try catching another batch at 9pm before you go to bed.

1 hour ago, Cielmuir said:

A 5hr CD means that most people are only going to have a maximum of 3 chances to catch eggs per day, and that's IF they carefully plan it and have a timer set, and are free to play at those times.  Even I, who have a lot of leeway timewise, have a hard time catching eggs twice a day.  Someone with a strict schedule might only be able to catch eggs once a day.

I like the idea of a 2hr CD.  It's long enough to be a little annoying, but not so long that it penalizes players who don't have free time all day to play.  You can catch eggs at 7pm after you get home and have dinner, then try catching another batch at 9pm before you go to bed.

Only if they routinely misclick. Mostly when we catch an egg, we want the thing, surely ?

I think 2 hours is too short.

3 hours ago, Cielmuir said:

I'm not sure how you figure that first paragraph. The only way people would only have "3 chances" to catch eggs from the biomes would be if they locked themselves with misclicks every single time. I don't know *anyone* who does that. Most people hunting the biomes *might* end up with one misclick per session, or two if they are spam-clicking without looking, but to lock themselves over and over with misclicks just isn't commonly done unless they *really* aren't paying attention to what they are clicking. And in that case I'd rather think they deserve to be locked for awhile, as a lesson to actually pay attention.

If the cooldown has to be shortened I'd much rather have 3 hours then 2 hours. Two hours is nothing. With two hours you could lock yourself with biome eggs and then dump them to the AP *seven* times in a normal day, and I don't think that's a good thing.

If we're going to shorten it at all I'd rather it be only done by 1 hour - to make the cooldown 4 hours total. We can always shorten it more afterwards if it's really necessary, but we can hardly increase the cooldown time without a fair amount of backlash if it turns out to be too small a period. I'm fine with the way things are currently, honestly (though tweaking Teleport a bit would be neat). 

On 11/26/2017 at 11:51 AM, fuzzbucket said:

I rather agree with TJ. I'm OK with the 5 hours - it seems reasonable. The ONLY Thing I would like changed would be to be able to put the egg in a teleport and send it to someone ready to use - one that cannot be collected till the CD is over. (NOT that can be teleported and wait it out with the new owner; that can be used to get round limits.) That way if I catch the egg I owe someone, I can set it up at once, for them to take whenever they can, without having to come back and do it 5 hours later.

I love this idea aven through it's not not all that related to this thread

It's *slightly* risky because newly caught eggs (afaik) have the highest risk for sickness (so you might not want to post it in a trading thread but you totally could before bed or w/e) but would save a lot of time especially since people are from all different timezones and it can really be hard to catch someone if their timezone is sufficiently different.

18 minutes ago, Azarkiel said:

I love this idea aven through it's not not all that related to this thread

It's *slightly* risky because newly caught eggs (afaik) have the highest risk for sickness (so you might not want to post it in a trading thread but you totally could before bed or w/e) but would save a lot of time especially since people are from all different timezones and it can really be hard to catch someone if their timezone is sufficiently different.

You could ward it as a protective measure before popping it into teleport. Wasn't there also a suggestion to be able to teleport hidden things?

Anyway I also like the suggestion. The five hour wait before abandoning is annoying, but understandable; it's much more frustrating to not be able to set up a teleport even if it still has to wait to be picked up.