AroaraAngelwolf

Guide to pet care: by a dragon

“I’d like that but first I need to take out the dessert before it burns,” Tami said in reply to everything that Dare said before getting up with their plates and putting them next to the sink before opening the oven door to check the brownies. After sticking a toothpick into the center of one of the brownies and finding that it came out clean, she proceeded in taking out the pan that had them in it after putting on some oven mitts, and after putting it on top of the stove she went back over to where she had left the former at the table. “I’m ready now if you are,” she said with an excited smile on her face.

Edited by SkySong278

Dare smiled and stood silently showing her back to the wardrobe downstairs. He didn't need a key, for it was his magic that kept his secret hidden he opened the door and went inside. 

The tunnel was wide enough for four people to walk shoulder to shoulder and gradually snaked lower into the earth. Sandstone became igneous and then became bedrock that merged with the rich obsidion that was smoothed by magic. When the two split with basalt between them the tunnel opened to a large  circular cavern. 

Dare took off his shoes just before the colorful array of Turkish and Persian rugs that lay all over the floor. Large chests of various woods sizes and shapes, ranging from exotic to simple stained pine  where placed along the edges of the carpets near the walls. Books, scrolls and ancient papyrus' spilled out of a few of the chests, others crammed on to book shelves made of the very stone the walls were made from. 

Victorian style furniture sat around a cheerfully glowing hearth, however the velvet chairs and couches seemed to be made for something significantly larger than a human. Pillows were arranged nicely on the plush cushions although they were mismatched they seemed to work well in tying the room together. 

Three more openings were blocked off by vibrant tapestries each depicting a scene to wear they lead. One showed a rich king's bed chamber. Another showed a lovely green valley with mountains in the background, and the third was a underground river cave that was filled with precious gems. Speaking of gems, three or four of the larger chests had pearls spilling from them, one had golden items, another silver and a third of diamonds, emeralds and sapphires. "Welcome to my home. Please, shoes off at the doorway. " He said padding over the rugs to a dark wardrobe slipping off his jacket before hanging it up. "Do you mind if I slip into something a little more comfortable?" He asked heading towards the tapestry depicting the bedroom. "I have some lovely cranberry cakes that Maple made for me. She's the nymph who tends to the gardens... would you like some?"

Tami followed Dare back towards the wardrobe where she followed him down into a tunnel that led back towards a circular cavern. She looked inside with wide eyes from where she was still standing in the tunnel and let out a small, “Wow.” She looked at the tapestries that depicted places and wondered if with his magic he could actually go to them. When she was told to leave her shoes at the door, she did so by taking them off before entering. “Not at all and oh yes please,” she said in reply to both of the questions that he asked her before marveling at everything that was there as she continued to look around.

Dare nodded and slipped behind the bedroom tapestry. "These are only a simple door. Nothing special. " He explained his voice deepening with a tone like a small waterfall. He stepped back out in his dragon form and went to a cupboard opening it and collecting the cranberry cakes from their plate and set them on the low table that looks like it came from the Edo period. "Much better..." He said adding wood to the fireplace and blew softly on it to get the flames higher. He stood by the large fainting couch. "Please, have a seat." He waved to the equally large armchair and foot stool across from him. 

“Oh okay but they’re really pretty,” Tami said in reply just before he stepped back out as the dragon she had seen earlier that day. “Okay,” she said before sitting down in the chair across from him and then took one of the cakes that he set out. “You have a really nice place,” she said before taking a bite of the cake.

"Years of work went into this, and the mansion too. It was nothing but forest  when I first built my cave. So much has changed. " He pondered taking a cake for himself and nibbling on it. "Delectable aren't they?"

Oh wow. Really? Yes it has,” Tami said in reply before taking another bite of the cranberry cake that she had been given. “Yes they are. Very much so. I also made some brownies if you’d like one if we got back up to the house,” she said in reply to the question he asked regarding the cakes. “I might want to travel one day just to see the rest of the world,” she said after a moment’s thought as she looked at the fire.

"Perhaps I can help with that. I'll give you more time to adjust to the home and the fact magicals exist before I make any arrangements to visit friends in distant places. I would rather stay here. I have a good book to finish before the library takes the digital loan back. Oh it's a thriller and the detective is in a predicament. " his hind toes curled as he gave her a grin that would put a crocodile to shame. His whiskers flicked as he twitched his nose. "But they do smell delectable. Perhaps you could save me a couple that I can pick up when I pass through the house to the garden?"

“That sounds good and okay. Hm it sounds like a good book. What’s it called? I might get it to read a bit later,” Tami said in reply to the first few statements he said before shuddering slightly at the look he gave her. “Sure I can. I’ll put them on a plate and leave it on the counter for you take them as you pass through,” she said in reply to his question with a smile before finishing eating the cranberry cake.

"Oh dear goodness me, I'm sorry. I should have warned you about my teeth. Some magicals even get nervous when I smile. " He said lowering his lips to cover his teeth once more. "It's called Naked Heat by Richard Castle. Indeed the author is a character from a t.v. show called Castle, however they actually published the books the character wrote in the show. Quite a thrilling tale!" 

“It’s okay. It just reminded me of a crocodile is all. I’ll have to look that up. I’ve heard of the t.v show but I haven’t read any of the books yet that pertained to it,” Tami said in reply before repositioning herself on the couch to be a bit more comfortable.

"Well, the t.v. show actually parented the books. Fans wanted to know what Richard actually wrote, so they published the story's after the show was cancelled. Unfortunately, they picked it back up and continued the story however it wasn't as well written and more centered on the political process of the cases then the character development and case solving itself. So I stopped watching it.  The books are quite exponential, although because it was a fictional character writing the stories, it didn't get the New York Times best seller award like his did in the show."

“Oh that’s interesting and I’ll have to start reading them then. What’s the name of the first book? I guess I could look it up but since you know a lot about them I thought I’d ask you firsthand first before I did that,” Tami said while imagining shapes and other things in the fire as she looked at it.

"Heat wave  is the first. The one I'm reading is the second book. Nikki Heat is the detective in the books, whom in the show was inspired by Kate Beckett. " His tale wagged a little bit, the golden plume scattering light from the fire all over the place. "Indeed, but I do like the children and teen stories as well. Percy Jackson, Harry potter, to classics like To kill a mockingbird.  That particular one was your father's favorite. Always brings me to tears..." He said tilting his head as a pink pearl dropped from his eye. "And quite a mess it is.." He picked up the bead and studded it. "Oh, you wouldn't believe the mess after the Hunger games trilogy or Divergent.... Marley and Me was another. Took us days to sweep the floor and I still was crying anytime someone mentioned anything related to those stories."

“Ah okay. I’ll make a note of those books and read them soon. I’be read the Harry Potter books but only the 6th one. I haven’t read the 7th one but I need to because I’ve already seen the 1st part of the 7th movie and I’d like to see the 2nd part. I’ve also read Percy Jackson but I need to finish the 5th book. I’ve read To Kill a Mockingbird but that was back when I was I high school and we needed to read it for our Language Arts class. I didn’t know it was his favorite and I’m sorry,” Tami said in reply to his first few statements before hearing his trailed off one before watching curiously as a pearl dropped from his eye. “That’s cool that you can cry pearls and I’m sure it took awhile to get them all cleaned up if you cried a lot. I’ll make sure not to mention them then in the future so that it doesn’t make you sad.”

Edited by SkySong278

"Oh it's not as effective now, but if you have any literature that makes you emotional yet want me to read to discuss it with you, please warn me so I can prepare. Read a book in bed once, and I'm still picking pearls from my sheets! " his chuckle sounded like a happy gurgling brook. "Ah the hour is late. I have a busy day tomorrow, a dull but busy day. Council meetings, tea with the dinjin of Arabia, help organize the jewels of the old sea witch at noon, then set up for the magical fair which I run every year... oh, and an appointment with my mane groomer... " he says counting on his four dexterous claws of one claw before wiggling the backward facing "thumb" claw. He then curled both paws over his muzzle. "Dear goodness I have so much to do. I only have one day to myself a month, or if I'm lucky, a day a week. It was a lovely evening my dear, but I must get some sleep. I can stay up all night talking about my favorite stories. " he lowered his head to her eye level, tilting it slightly and lightly tilting her chin to the fire light with a perfectly manicured silver claw. "You look tired too. Or stressed... I have a hard time with human emotions.."

“Oh okay and I’ll make sure to do that,” Tami said in reply to his first few statements before hearing the test of what he said regarding him having a busy day tomorrow and needing to get to bed. “Ah yes it does sound like you have a very busy day tomorrow,” she said before he got on eye level with her and tried to determine if she was also tired or stressed by looking into her eyes. “Your first guess was correct that I’m tired as well so this is the perfect time for me to head back up and get some rest before my very early shift that I work at the bar,” she said before getting up and heading towards the front of the cavern where she had left her shoes.

He kindly showed her out before returning and crawling into bed. 

((Skip a month? He brought over a few magicals for her to meet and started her lessons.))

((sure and remind me of what the lessons are about again?))

A month had passed since Tami saw Dare’s dragon form and she had met a few other magical other than the ones that worked and lived around the house. It was a nice spring day and she was outside helping tend to the garden to make sure it was pretty for the season. After she was done with what she said that she’d help with in the garden, she went back inside, went upstairs and changed into some cleaner clothes, went back downstairs and tithe book shelf that had the key on it to unlock the wardrobe, and then went down through the tunnels to Dare’s cave for her earth magic lessons.

Edited by SkySong278

((okay. I edited my post to include her going to his cave for those))

((it’s okay. should we start over from the beginning to see if that’ll help or make an entirely new one of a different topic?))

okay but I don’t know that rp because I haven’t been reading it or catching up with it so I’m not sure where you guys were in it or what was going on :mellow: