AroaraAngelwolf

Guide to pet care: by a dragon

A modern tale with a twist. A dragon named Dareius (dare- E-us) Drago has lived under Portland Oregon for many years, before the city was actually a city. His "Pet"  a Natural or human they call themselves, are one of very few special people who are exposed to the world of Magicals hidden in plain sight, yet many are oblivious of. Humans made better pets, often because he can hold full conversations with them and they often clean themselves. However when his most recent pet had passed away, and in the will was left the estate and key to his humble den beneath the basement was left to a human who believes he was her pet now, how would he react? 

Name: Dareius Drago (Dare or Mr. Drago)

Personality: he's a colorful character with an array of emotions that he suppressed over the years and unknown to some frivolous human emotions. Often frank, truthful and quick witted, he has an air of a gentleman's gentleman with the ego of a royal Prince. 

History: he was born in Canada, his mother lost across the sea and was revered as a god to the Chinese immigrants until he was old enough to take care of himself. He left exploring the new world and making a home. After about five hundred years, he has traveled the world in that time, collecting rare and beautiful things for his home. He took his first pet when he came across a young man who was nearly starved and surrounded by wolves. He rescued him, nursed him to health, and established a small trading company with him. This man's family line  has only a select few that Dare allowed to become his pets, giving them gifts of his hair (that is real gold) and his tears (that become pearls) to support them over the years.

Abilities: magic through spells he can do many things. Naturally Dare can control the winds and water for flight, and breathe a burning hot steam from his mouth or nose that can cause serious damage if close enough(20ftmax) Tears become pearls. 

Looks: dragon; long as a school bus but not much taller than a man. Is able to take human shape with magic.

dare_by_arkinangelowolfe-dbsnd55.png

Human: 6'5" slender like a runner with amethyst eyes and hair of white gold.

80b449356d2c36c0d5fe038f7853cf45.jpg

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

Name: Tamara McConnell (Tami for short or Ms. McConnell)

Personality: shy around people she doesn't know, talkative but only to her friends or people she knows, and quiet when she's not talking or when she's by herself somewhere.

History: daughter of the most recent pet of Dareius but only she doesn't know her father was the pet and that Dareius was. she now believes that Dareius is now her pet.

Abilities: telepathic and has a small ability over earth (can create small rock slides and rifts but not much else).

Appearance: Tami

Edited by SkySong278

Dare sipped his jasmine tea as he lounged on a fainting couch in front of a small magical fire that produces no smoke, his tail spread over a beautiful kazak rug. In his back claws rested a special tablet with a reinforced screen that he can scroll through books and magazines and also peruse the internet on. He flipped the page on the electronic book as he sniffed. This was Quincy's favorite book called To kill a mockingbird.  Although he heard the story before, Quincy had read it to him multiple times, it was Dare's first time reading it alone. He eventually had to stop and put the tablet and his tea down as pearls plopped and scattered around the rich carpets that lined his lush living room. Many magicals showed up to Johnny's funeral at the mansion. Of course there was normals there too, his fine pet was a generous and caring man, comical and well loved in both worlds. He knew his pet had a brother who had a family, and had a daughter at some point but his pet never brought her down to see him, always attached at her mother's hip. He had a son too by his first wife, however the boy was apparently a lost cause and disappeared when he turned sixteen.

He sighed, getting up to clean up the pesky tears gathering them together and placing them in a velvet lined trunk with many others that went to the shipping account and trust fund for the estate and all who inherited it. The trust was run by a dwarf friend of his who became a lawyer and is extremely good with managing money. Any of the family who lived in the home would get a monthly allowance from the trust, however it only would go to the ones who was written in the previous inhabitants will. Dare wondered who would that be as he placed the final pearl in the trunk and shut the lid. It wouldn't be his brother, he and Johnny had a falling out two years ago. His nephews attempted to place him in a home in his old age, and his brother tried to higher a caretaker.  He looked over at a large bookshelf with portraits and pictures of all his pets, picking up the most recent one containing a image of an elderly man with Dare in human form playing chess in the sun room of the mansion. 

Tamara was out grocery shopping a month after her dad had died. She had been inside all that time without going out and socializing with her friends or neighbors because she had been rather depressed. During that time she had looked at pictures in her dad's study and saw what she thought was a friend of his beside him and she also thought that she never met him but she didn't know where he was now. As she was out shopping, she thought about going to see if she could find him but didn't know where to look first.

Edited by SkySong278

((Correction, her father died a month ago, there is no dragon in the pictures, he's in human form in them. I wasn't able to add that, and was leaving so I had to finish quickly. Sorry.))

Dare then took a deep breath and looked at his tea collection. He was running low, and he needed ingredients to make his treats and meals for the next week or two. Reciting a well practiced spell, he shrank and stood as a handsome young man, looking around early twenties with vibrant light amethyst eyes and pale gold hair. He dressed comfortably, yet professional, taking a leather satchel with both human money and a few pearls before exiting out his door and into a storage room of the basement. It was clever of his first pet, to disguise the door as a wardrobe, and with a little magic from Dare, all who weren't magical, and did not posses a old fashioned silver key to unlock the wardrobe's secrets would open the single door to an empty space too narrow for clothes to be placed inside. 

He closed the door behind him and turned his copy of the old fashioned silver key to lock it before heading upstairs to the main floor, slipping out the back door. He walked down the long driveway and turned to head into the outskirts of town to do his shopping. First stop, the tea shop. 

((sorry edited and like I said last night in AKS, real life got busy for a little while))

Tami went to the grocery store first and got a few groceries before heading towards a tea store that sold her favorite flavor of tea which was chamomile. When she arrived there, she went straight towards the section that had it and then looked at all of the other flavors there, wondering if she she should get some more or not.

Dare walked into the tea shop humming an old tune. He stopped and examined the tea samples. "Jasmine and lavender... ginger mint..." He muttered adding boxes to his basket. "Jinsing!" He pulled out a red box and smiled. "Johnny loved this kind. Oh, I should try some honey buttercup camomile..... Lila said he quite enjoyed that one... hmmm. They moved things around. Specialty blends.." He muttered tilting his head at the boxes. 

Tami turned towards the person that had entered the section that she was in when she heard her father's name be spoken and asked as she walked closer to him, "You were a friend of my father's right? I remember seeing you at his funeral from the Skype session that I had with a cousin of mine. I was too depressed to attend in person."

A better pic of Dare done for me for a art trade in devi. That's what he looks like as a dragon))

"Yes. I'm Dareius. You must be his daughter. Your father was a very dear friend of mine. The funeral was more of a celebration of the many... many lives he touched over the years I knew him. His death is... is .... quite painful for me. He made me see things differently. Such a colorful soul he was. He always talked about how proud he was of you. You were his pride and joy. " He said smiling softly at her, eyes distant remembering her father. "Tell me, how are you adjusting to the new house?"

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

((I apologize again for the wait. we're going to be switching payroll companies soon at my company and I've been a bit busy keeping up with the one we currently have and the one we'll be switching to soon))

"It's nice to finally meet you in person and that's a very good way of describing him. I didn't know he thought that of me because I always thought that I made it difficult for him sometimes to be around me. It's a bit painful still for me as well but I'm trying to cope better with it. It'll take some getting used to but I like it so far," Tami said in reply to everything that Dareius said and asked all with a smile on her face.

"Yes he did and I don't believe that I have," Tami said in reply to all that he said and asked with a curious expression on her face regarding the story he mentioned.

"Ah, how about I come for tea and talk to you then." He handed her a card with his name and number in it. "I have to do some errands but I'll be happy to tell you it. I might not be as articulate as Johnny but I'll do my best. " He said softly with a smile

"That sounds like a good idea and see you in a little while. It's fine if you're not as creative as him in telling stories because I'm not either but it's like you said earlier that he had a gift with it," Tami said in reply with a smile as she took the offered card. She then went up to the counter to purchase her tea items and before leaving to head back to her house.

Dare bought his tea and headed off to a clear area to take off to buy some special treats from a nymph then some reading material from an estudious ogre who ran a library. He returned home via a secret entrance other than the one to the house and settled in his home making some tea and snacks.

Tami had made it back to her own home and put her tea purchases away where she normally put them in a cupboard near the fridge before sittin down on the couch for a little while. After a few more minutes or so of just sitting, she got up and then went to the basement door, opened it, and then headed down there to meet Dare.

Edited by SkySong278

((He lives under the house in the basement. Is she going to her neighbors?))

After some mental debate he decided to call the cellphone issued to her when she moved into the estate. It was difficult trying to hold the small phone up to his ear when his mouth was so long. Hopefully she could hear him. 

((oh sorry. I didn't realize that he lived there and I guess I read your other posts wrong. I edited my previous post to have her head into the basement))

Tami was heading towards the middle of the basement when she heard her cell start ringing. She picked it up and answered with a, "Hello?"

((Haha. Well the thing is, she doesn't know he lives there. She has a key to the secret door that doubles as a immovable wardrobe that's in the basement. However she can go down to check out what's stored there and run into him XD))

"Ah, hello Tami. I realised I had some free time today so may I come over for tea and retell that wonderful dragon story to you now?" He asked. His voice was slightly different, more musical and louder although he spoke on the phone in a whisper. "I could be over in a jiffy." He added.

((okay and she's already in the basement so I'll say that she found the key on a bookshelf upstairs and brought it down with her to see what it opened and then have her open the wardrobe by accident so that she can run into him))

"Oh sure that would be wonderful if you did that. I'll be here all day so whenever you want to come over is fine," Tami said in reply on the phone as she continued to look around at everything that was stored there. She had found a key up on the bookshelf in the den and took it, wondering curiously to what it unlocked before she made her way down to where she was in the basement. She came across a wardrobe of sorts a few minutes later with the phone still up against her ear and put the key into the lock to see if it fit and it did. I wonder what could be here? she thought to herself as she turned the key so that the door to it opened. She was expecting to see some old clothes hanging up in there but what she actually saw was a tunnel of sorts that led somewhere. She wondered why her dad had something like this in what looked to be an immovable wardrobe.

"Alright I'm heading over right now..." He said moving to the tunnel still as a dragon. He had to use both hands to do the spell that would shrink him and change form along with no distractions as he said the spell, something one can't do while on the phone. Still holding the phone to his ear, he walked on three paws, his shadow rounding the corner. "I'll just be ten min......" He froze as his glowing violet eyes spotted the human body in the doorway of his den. "Oh dear...." His voice echoed on the phone as he spoke them. He pulled down the electronic device and hung up, standing awkwardly in the tunnel. 

((Did you see the other image of him? That's what he truly looks like only his front paws are more like hands with pads and claws. Like a werewolf. ))

Tami's eyes practically popped out of her head at the sight of the dragon, not yet registering that it was Dare. Her mouth opened and closed a few times before she put up her own phone and then took off running towards the basement stairs and then back up towards the den and her room afterward. When she got to her room, she closed the door, and then sat on the bed for a little while in order to calm her thoughts and compose herself again. When she thought she was ready to go back downstairs, she did and then started to boil some water for tea.

((I like it a lot :)))

Edited by SkySong278

The tea was already made and at her kitchen table was the same blond haired man with purple eyes she bumped into earlier that day. "Ah... I apologise for startling you. I'm impressed you found my door, let alone the magic key to open it. Please sit, and I'll explain whatever you ask. I am the creature you saw, and I am Dareius. Your father truly was my good friend and yes, I do miss him. Tea?" He said waiving to a seat

When Tami saw that there was tea already made and on the table, she turned off he water that she had turned on that wasn't boiling yet and then listened to everything that Dareius said. "I also apologize for reacting like I did. I was just very surprised to see a dragon in our basement. As to the key and door, I just found the key on the bookshelf but I wasn't sure what it unlocked until I tried it in the door that led to the tunnel that you were in. I believe you about knowing my dad and missing him since I can tell that by your thoughts. Yes please," she said in reply to everything he said before sitting down in the seat that he had waved her over to.