bonvoyage

Influencing eggs under 3 days

That was the idea.

Of course, we'd need a warning in case the timer is lower than the minimum time for hatching, so nobody "accidentally" influences an egg and can't hatch it because of the (proposed) hatching restriction. (I think it should still be possible to influence an egg, as there are people out there who might prefer to risk forcing an egg over getting the wrong gender.)

7 hours ago, Guillotine said:

I am well aware of this; I was here long before Arias were reintroduced as Arias. Do not mudkippin' patronize me by explaining a well-known event to an old player. This does not make them the same breed, especially not as conceived, and you implied it with your wording. If you don't want to imply things you didn't mean, be more careful with your wording.

Anyway. I usually keep 2nd gen misgenders, but other than that I freeze (or give away, on the rare times I run out). It's still important for hard-to-replace lines to gender correctly.

Easy, there. I wasn't patronizing you. Nevertheless, I never claimed them as the same breed and have no idea how the implication is there even when I reread my post. All I mentioned in regards to Pinks was Male Pinks. I never mentioned the original Pinks (that were only female) or Arias. Why you even brought them up is beyond me, thus I was trying to explain just what Pinks I was referring to since you brought Arias in for some reason. If I was talking about male Arias I would have put down male Arias. In turn, I still have no idea how much more careful I need to be about my wording. If you need tone of voice and a concept of my feelings right now it is befuddlement as well as feeling as though I am being attacked. I am leaving now because quite frankly my chest is tightening. Thank you very much for scaring me. Peace!

On 5.11.2017 at 12:49 AM, Dragon_Arbock said:

Honestly, as nice as that would be, I think a better solution to the AP right now would be to only let Halloween dragons produce 2 eggs. 4, and possibly 3, is too many.

Then this would HAVE TO get recompensated by holidays breeding all year long or at the VERY LEAST throughout the holiday month. Which I honestly would prefer over counting on 2-3 people per pairing to address the parents' pleading for the eggs' return and mentioning a swap to be possible... for instance noone returned me a single of the auto-APed Caligenes(=1 more year lost to reach the goal, giving maybe even 4 because of a disastrous fail of last year) but I was returned all the Witchhlights(=2 years of breeding saved, my goal is reached just 1 year after the release, I normally need 3years for alloweens and 4 years for the other holidays - only the catcher's courtesy can save that and such courtesy DOES happen pretty a lot<3)

But if such recompensation is not to happen then a big fat NO plz... holidays are breeding true WAY too few eggs even without this:/

I actually find myself in need of an influence on eggs below 3d, my bf even more often. so I can see this suggestion as useful and all year round.

6 hours ago, olympe said:

Maybe we could offer a different restriction for influenced eggs? Like this: There's no age restriction for influencing eggs. (Not by the game, anyway.) However, an egg that has been influenced cannot hatch for the next 6 (12? 24?) hours.

In cases where it really counts, even 24 hours would be worth it. (Plus, it just might make Aeon's and their BSA a little bit more valuable.)

Sounds ok with me, though wouldn't help with last-minute zombie fodders before halloween:P but would for proably all other (and more common) cases.

Edited by VixenDra

2 hours ago, Nyxity said:

Easy, there. I wasn't patronizing you. Nevertheless, I never claimed them as the same breed and have no idea how the implication is there even when I reread my post. All I mentioned in regards to Pinks was Male Pinks. I never mentioned the original Pinks (that were only female) or Arias. Why you even brought them up is beyond me, thus I was trying to explain just what Pinks I was referring to since you brought Arias in for some reason. If I was talking about male Arias I would have put down male Arias. In turn, I still have no idea how much more careful I need to be about my wording. If you need tone of voice and a concept of my feelings right now it is befuddlement as well as feeling as though I am being attacked. I am leaving now because quite frankly my chest is tightening. Thank you very much for scaring me. Peace!

I think the question is, why did you single out "male pinks" in your original post? If you're referring to the BSA I would expect you to have said the BSA pinks in general, as both male and female pinks were released together (before the BSA existed), and only Arias (and purples) were female only.

(I also don't understand why you mentioned the teleport bsa right after mentioning the existence of egg genders since they have no connection.)

I doubt I'll use the ER influence, but it's definitely something useful for a lot of people. Not just during holidays, but also when someone finds themselves too busy for a few days and suddenly their eggs are all at 3d0h and they can't influence any of them anymore. If incubated, we currently can influence 3/6 days of an egg's life. If unincubated, 4/7 days. Doesn't seem like that much, right?

I don't really like the idea of delaying hatching even further when below 3 days because if sunrise/set eggs have taught me anything it's that ER eggs will get massively unintentionally viewbombed even when they can't hatch. I'd rather not have people locked up when they could be helping hatch ER eggs during holiday walls, either.

Lowering the threshold to 2 days is better, 1 day the best IMO. Ungendered neglecteds do seem to indicate lore that non-cared-for eggs have stunted gender (and other) development. Otherwise they would be one gender or another once the pink influence was removed, like all non-neglected dragons. So if there needs to be some sort of further barrier as a compromise to lower times, perhaps eggs with only minimum development can be influenced, either minimal/no cracking or some arbitrary number of views. Alternatively, lower-time eggs can be influenced but have a higher chance of the influence failing? (Needing multiple pinks and aeons, maybe.)

The Halloween breeding talk, athough somewhat related, should probably go in a new topic to address it.

Why did I bring up male Pinks? I already noted the Influence BSA, thus that seemed all that was necessary to say in regards to the BSA in general since everyone knows Pinks are the only dragons that has that BSA. Therefore, because of the fact that the “new Pink” dragon had a male counterpart unlike the original Pink, I made note of the male counterpart specifically. If Pinks had followed its predecessor and stayed as an only female breed then there would be no male influence. Though in consideration, I suppose they could have picked a different common dragon or created a new common for Influence. Since that didn't happen, again, that is why I simply mentioned the Pinks having a male.

The note about the Teleport BSA was just an add-on/semi-joke in regards to comment about what users had to do when a hatchling mis-gendered: Abandon or do a risky trade using the “Abandon-Catch” with a friend.

In all simplicity, my post was only to note gratitude to all the BSAs we have, ie. “Count your blessings” and “Don’t get too greedy”.

Nyxity, your post is a little odd because this is the 'ask for new stuff/ask to alter current stuff' subforum, not the 'be grateful for what you have' subforum. ;) So that might be confusing people. I'm sure we're all grateful for the BSAs we have, I don't feel we're being too greedy by discussing the ways we'd like to improve them. I imagine TJ would rather hear us speak up instead of us not making any suggestions because we don't want to risk being perceived as demanding. There's no harm in asking - but if we don't ask, we'll never get an answer. :)

I still prefer the original suggestion but if we need to have some kind of drawback, olympe's restrictions are fine with me.

And yet there is the case of whether other users agree with this suggestion/request or not in almost all of these. Some users actually post the single three syllable sentence, "I agree." In turn, I gave my view. My apologies for misunderstanding so greatly. As it goes, unless to reply to someone addressing me in this section, I figure it would be safer just to avoid this section of the forum from now on.

Edited by Nyxity

On 10/11/2017 at 9:05 AM, Nyxity said:

I figure it would be safer just to avoid this section of the forum from now on.

Eh, why would you do that? Just for one misunderstanding?

Sometimes, one person's misunderstanding and *voicing* what they understood helps other people *realize* that they misunderstood something as well. Speaking out helps clear things up.

I'd be happy if I could influence under 3 days even if it came with some other kind of timing drawback. It's okay if the little one grows up a week or so later as long as it has the right gender. Breedability or non-breedability is a lifetime issue, after all, so what are a few days more?

However, instead of making it unable to hatch despite low-time, why not have the BSA add time to the resulting *hatchling* instead? Just make it take longer to develop and grow in order to adapt to the gender-changing magic.