Jedi40

Trouble removing egg

Trying another browser, even for a test, would help us determine if you have a browser hijacker attached to the one you are currently using.  Try it as a test please.  We need your help testing things in order to determine what is wrong.  Malware checkers and malware programs are in a race against each other.  Unscrupulous people develop new malware every day.  No malware checker is going to catch them all immediately.  Also, make sure what you have is up to date.

Also, you keep saying you've never had an issue before this. Well no, obviously you've never had this type of malware/virus before. It's not like if you didn't have malware a month ago that somehow means you will never ever get malware... It just doesn't work like that. Malware can, and does, appear suddenly and without warning. One day you didn't have any; The next day you do. Just because you've never had problems like this before doesn't somehow mean it can't possibly be malware. Brand-new malware is being created and distributed all the time, so not having a problem a month ago, or a couple weeks ago, really doesn't mean anything.

I have no other browser to try it on as I keep telling you all from the start.

Then why did my PC not pick it up when I run a scan everyday?

Edited by Jedi40

Does the password recovery page still tell you to download something? Can you take a screenshot and post it here?

7 minutes ago, Jedi40 said:

Your PC, like any other, is human-made. Nothing even slightly complex created by humans can ever work perfectly.

You could google for malware protection test to see how good your software is compared to others.

If I remember right, you said you were using Chrome.  If you have a Windows machine, it will have come preloaded with Explorer or Edge, depending on what version of Windows you have.  I believe Macs come preloaded with Safari (Not a Mac girl, myself.)

7 minutes ago, Jedi40 said:

I have no other browser to try it on as I keep telling you all from the start.

You can easily download a second (or third or more) browsers. I have two (plus IE that I never use). I have my main browser that I use for everyday stuff and a back up. The second one I sometimes need because my main is giving me issues or doesn't want to load a certain site. It also helps to problem solve if something like this happens. You can also delete the other browser when you are done using it. It is a temporary thing only, no need to make a permanent switch.

No one anti virus will pick up all viruses. None are perfect. I run my normal anti virus and malwarebytes. Sometimes something gets through my anti virus that malwarebytes picks up.

Please read through what people are saying to you. It feels you are getting very defensive and not really hearing what is being said. Computer stuff can suck and be complicated. I just went through an issue with a driver and it was so much harder to fix then it needed to be, but I got it in the end by listening to some advice. If you can not do any of the suggestions then the only thing I can think of would be to take it to someone to fix for you. Good luck.

I like Chrome and only Chrome for my browser as the other browsers I have tried over the years like IE and FF do not work as well on this PC that I have and I am not nor will I change to a new one now.

With my fixed income I have no other way to get someone to fix it for me.  

All we are asking you to do is try logging in using one of the other browsers to test it.  If it works, we'll know something is wrong with your Chrome.  We are not suggesting that you use it permanently.  It is only to try and diagnose the problem.

Malwarebytes has a free trial. Install, run and fix, uninstall.

I don't trust any other browsers but Chrome and I am not going to try it on another one at this time and date.

22 minutes ago, Confused Cat said:

Does the password recovery page still tell you to download something? Can you take a screenshot and post it here?

Please do this.

(Please note I'm not saying "change your password". I realize you don't want to do that. All I'm asking for is a screenshot of the page that tells you to download something.)

I can't do screenshots on my PC for some reason like I could in the past. 

Can you tell us the name of the program you're being asked to download?

No since it has been weeks since I had it pop up and it won't show up now.

18 minutes ago, Jedi40 said:

I like Chrome and only Chrome for my browser as the other browsers I have tried over the years like IE and FF do not work as well on this PC that I have and I am not nor will I change to a new one now.

With my fixed income I have no other way to get someone to fix it for me.  

I am not saying to switch forever to a new browser. I also have my favorite. But sometimes you just need a back up to work out problems, like now. Why not try?

I don't think she will click the change password link again to get the site it is trying to redirect to.

If you are unwilling to try anything, and can not take your computer to get fixed I'm afraid you are out of options. There is nothing we can do to help. You have to be willing to try some of these suggestions.

I am not going to switch to another browser even for a little bit of time.

And there is no way for me to copy and  paste the text after all this time that has past.   

and I can't afford a new PC as I said I am on a fixed income and don't have the money to get it fixed right now.

Edited by Jedi40

If it's not happening right now, try the password recovery email again.  If you get the popup, hit the "Print Screen" button on your keyboard.  It's often abbreviated, but it should be at the top right of most keyboards.  Then paste the image into your message.

If you keep refusing to work with us, I am going to close this topic because this is going around in circles.  Multiple people have offered ways to help diagnose the problem and you have ignored all of them.  We cannot help you if you won't help yourself.

I meant if you try to recover your password now. Obviously I don't mean the text you got weeks ago. What is it doing now?

i have tried to recover my scroll password and my PC won't let me recover it for some reason.

If your PC won't let you do things anymore that it did let you in the past, it's really time to try another malware software before the whole machine becomes useless to you.

If you want, you can send me your password in a PM and I will see if it works. If it does - then we will know for certain sure that the issue is with your machine. (Lady L, I assume this is one circumstance where it would be OK to log in to another scroll ?)

Try the scroll recovery password right now.  Let us know what happens this time..  Working with us real time should help diagnose the issue.

I would also be willing to try fuzzbucket's suggestion if you're willing to let a moderator do it.  I won't touch anything on your account.  However, this still does not fix the problem that your PC is having.