Jedi40

Trouble removing egg

Not going to work since it is now a dead egg. And I still cannot remove other eggs I no longer want.

Edited by Jedi40

I tried that and it still won't let me remove them since I have a now dead egg on my scroll.

Having a dead egg on your scroll shouldn't effect abandoning other eggs. Have you tried entering "abandon" instead of your password to see if that works? Can you teleport the eggs you don't want? Does your password work for other actions? Maybe try "changing" your password, but just "changing" it to your present password. 

I never had trouble doing any actions till yesterday for some reason. I tried doing a trade and my password still won't work. Do yo think it has something to do with the time change? 

Edited by Jedi40

That one simply isn't possible.

Have you tried switching to requiring yourself to type in the action rather than your password ?

What about trying mobile if you can to get rid if the OTHER eggs?

I'm on mobile Chrome and can abandon just fine. I will note that I do have my DC password autosaved mobile Chrome (my desktop Chrome doesn't do it), but it works just fine.

4 hours ago, Jedi40 said:

I never had trouble doing any actions till yesterday for some reason. I tried doing a trade and my password still won't work. Do yo think it has something to do with the time change? 

So, your password is definitely not working. Have you emptied cache, cookies, history? Signed out and back in? Restarted the browser? Rebooted the computer?

Try typing you password in a word document or something, then copy/paste it where you need to use it.

If this is affecting all actions on your account, somewhere along the line your password is involved.  Either it's your keyboard, or your password was changed.  If anyone knows your password, they could have changed it.

Unfortunately, changing any account setting requires you to enter your current password for this reason.

Do you still have access to the email account you used to set up your DC account?  You could try sending a "Forgot Password" email to it.

I tired all of that and no one but me knows what the password is and I never changed it at all.

Y'know, people can hack into accounts. Happened to my gmail once when I was the only one who knew that password that I knew of - promptly changed my password

Edited by DuskOfTheStars

I would try resetting your password from the "Forgot My Password" link if you still have access to the email account associated with your DC account.  However, check your account settings to make sure you do before you log out of DC to do so.

Regardless of whether your old password is still working to log you back in after you log out, I'd do the "Forgot your password" reset in case it's a weird glitch connected to your password.

Edited by LibbyLishly
Jinx

I never gave my password to anyone and I never changed since the upgrade to this new system and never had trouble since the time change to DST .Also I never log off to the site when I leave it.

Edited by Jedi40

Honestly, I CAN'T help you much. All I can suggest doing is changing your password like everyone else here has suggested.

As for not telling people passwords - as I said, hackers have ways to access passwords.

9 hours ago, Jedi40 said:

I never gave my password to anyone and I never changed since the upgrade to this new system

Are you talking about the forums? The cave and forum have separate passwords.

Does your cave password work when you logout of the cave and login again? (If you have never done that in a long time, please make sure you can access the email you have in your cave accout settings before you log out, as others have said before. Otherwise you might lock yourself out.)

11 hours ago, Jedi40 said:

I never gave my password to anyone and I never changed since the upgrade to this new system and never had trouble since the time change to DST .Also I never log off to the site when I leave it.

As I said - mine reset itself the other day - no hacker, no nothing. I had to put it back. It said "Do you want to update the password", and like a twit, I did. Luckily I was able to fix it, but that may have happened to you too.

DO try the reset option - as long as the email you have listed is viable.

I did that and I still have no control over my action on my scroll:angry:.

Edited by Jedi40

What - you reset your SCROLL password from the "forgotten password" link using your email and then entered the new one correctly ?

reset.png

Edited by fuzzbucket

5 hours ago, fuzzbucket said:

What - you reset your SCROLL password from the "forgotten password" link using your email and then entered the new one correctly ?

reset.png

No I never logged off of it to start with and never had trouble till DST this year.

Hm. Cookie issue maybe? Might be worth trying to delete DC cookies. That will require you to log in again, but maybe afterwards it works (with your old/current password).

5 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Hm. Cookie issue maybe? Might be worth trying to delete DC cookies. That will require you to log in again, but maybe afterwards it works (with your old/current password).

I tried that as well and I still get my actions on my scroll to work.

You've been advised multiple times to change your password to see if it solves the problem. Why are you determined not to do this?

I never changed it to start with since the we changed to the system we have now. And I don't want to change it once more that's why I don't want to do it again