Trouble removing egg

Just now, Jedi40 said:

Nope I never saw that one either.

Okay, I would go back and try again:

1. Click on the Forgot Your Password link

2. Put in your email address

3. Check the "I'm not a robot" box

4. Click "Reset Password"

I HAVE till I am about to break  my PC on the wall as I  never get the email or anything from DC and now I can't do a darn thing with my scroll. :angry::angry::angry::angry:

Edited by Jedi40

16 minutes ago, Jedi40 said:

I HAVE till I am about to break  my PC on the wall as I  never get the email or anything from DC and now I can't do a darn thing with my scroll. :angry::angry::angry::angry:

Have you checked spam folder...and if nothing else works you might try to ask the bossman for help.  He might be able to give you some answers.

21 minutes ago, Imzadi said:

Have you checked spam folder...and if nothing else works you might try to ask the bossman for help.  He might be able to give you some answers.

Yes I have and there is nothing in that folder on email I know is for the site and my scroll.   Let alone do trades or anything else with my scroll.

Edit: I just got a notice about a PM I just got  from someone on here on said email address that I know is for the site and my scroll.

Edited by Jedi40

You shouldn't be asked to download anything when resetting your password.  I highly suspect you have gotten malware in your browser somewhere and it is causing redirects.  I don't know if that would cause issues with performing actions, but it's possible.

Do you have an anti-malware program like Malwarebytes?  I would suggest getting one if not, and running a scan right away.

7 minutes ago, LadyLyzar said:

You shouldn't be asked to download anything when resetting your password.  I highly suspect you have gotten malware in your browser somewhere and it is causing redirects.  I don't know if that would cause issues with performing actions, but it's possible.

Do you have an anti-malware program like Malwarebytes?  I would suggest getting one if not, and running a scan right away.

My PC has a anti- malware that is run everyday from the day I first got it last year and it never picked anything and this site is the only one I am having trouble with.

Edited by Jedi40

If it told you to download a programme, whether you have AV and anti malware installed or not, SOMETHING has got into your machine. Malwarebytes is brilliant for this stuff, and there is also their adwcleaner programme which specifically deals with browser related hijacks. (both are free.)

Instead of repeatedly saying it can't have happened on your machine - do try those two.

https://www.malwarebytes.com/mwb-download/

https://toolslib.net/downloads/viewdownload/1-adwcleaner/

You have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

9 hours ago, Jedi40 said:

Yes I have and there is nothing in that folder on email I know is for the site and my scroll.   Let alone do trades or anything else with my scroll.

Edit: I just got a notice about a PM I just got  from someone on here on said email address that I know is for the site and my scroll.

The forum is not on the same server as the cave and is a separate system entirely, so that tells you nothing about your scroll.

Try using a different browser. You clearly DO have something embedded in Chrome that is targeting the cave - not your forum account - on your machine.

9 hours ago, Jedi40 said:

My PC has a anti- malware that is run everyday from the day I first got it last year and it never picked anything and this site is the only one I am having trouble with.

That stuff is not perfect, sadly. By my own experience, I'd say it's good for ~99% of all the rubbish that floats around, but if that 1% finds you, that software won't be able to help.

That's why it's good to sometimes run a different anti-malware software that covers a different ~99% subset of internet rubbish.

(I've had Bit Defender for a while and it was good for almost everything, but then Ad Aware discovered a worm that was targeted specifically at one online game I was playing back then. If you were browsing DC related sites, maybe with infected ads in them, one of them might have dropped something on you.)

Yeah I still can't do a darn thing with my scroll after days without me being online or on my PC. So now what???

Sorry to hear that. Did you run the programmes Lady Lyzar, ruby and and I suggested ?

Have you tried another browser; have you tried from a library machine or something ? If there's no problem there, that absolutely proves our point - it has to be on yur machine.

I am not going to DL something to my PC I never heard of. I have no other browser to try it with and no other machine to try it on either. Oh then why is it just my scroll I can't get onto the since I was told to logg off of it by you all to start with?

Almost everyone here has heard of both the programmes we suggested. They are 100% reliable and safe. But if you won't, you won't. Your loss - both programmes are absolutely excellent and worth having just for their own selves.I have run both regularly for years now.

Downloading another browser is also riskfree as long as you go to the original site rather than somewhere like cnet or filehippo..

Don't know what you use but there's firefox

mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new

and Pale Moon

www.palemoon.org

(as recommended by Sock - that's who put me on to it.)

It isn't "just your scroll" - it's something on your machine targetting dc in particular. Have you tried deleting your dc cookies ?

There is no library where you live ?

Wait - are you on a windows machine ? Try a system restore to a few days before this first happened.

Edited by fuzzbucket

@Jedi40

"Oh then why is it just my scroll"

Because the malware may be programmed in a way that only certain sites will trigger it. Or specific code. Now it appears to be the forgotten password part that triggers the malware.

Now I'm going to speak as an IT support... just download what was asked by the three. Malwares can be highly sneaky at times, getting past even more expensive anti-virus programs, especially if they haven't been updated. Saying "I have it, it isn't alerting anything, can't be my computer" is just not obviously getting you any results. Even I have another program that I frequently check with to make sure the computer is all good.

Both programs have been excellent... please consider that if they were terrible, no one would even think about suggesting them.

From my own experience from something similar... believe me, you won't lose even a thing if you try. And even if it won't work, there are still ways to get rid of such things. For me wiping browser entirely, even with its stored information from AppData folder also did wonders when I lost my nerves with redirects that tried to have me download something.

4 minutes ago, fuzzbucket said:

Almost everyone here has heard of both the programmes we suggested. They are 100% reliable and safe. But if you won't, you won't. Your loss - both programmes are absolutely excellent and worth having just for their own selves.I have run both regularly for years now.

Downloading another browser is also riskfree as long as you go to the original site rather than somewhere like cnet or filehippo..

Don't know what you use but there's firefox

mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new

and Pale Moon

www.palemoon.org

(as recommended by Sock - that's who put me on to it.)

It isn't "just your scroll" - it's something on your machine targetting dc in particular. Have you tried deleting your dc cookies ?

There is no library where you live ?

Wait - are you on a windows machine ? Try a system restore to a few days before this first happened.

I had FF before and hated using it and I like Chrome over FF and you may have heard of them but i never had and was told NOT to DL something I never heard of to my PC.

I have no idea what your talking about on that one.

None close by and open on this day and time.

I don't have restore on my PC so that work either 

I imagine you have internet explorer (or maybe edge ?) on your machine - everyone seems to - try that ? And have you gone into your cookies and deleted the dc ones manually in case they are corrupt ?

But if you won't try the excellent programmes suggested here, I guess you will need to start a new scroll. I rather suspect that you will meet the same problem again, if you have something that's targeting DC on your machine, though.

If you have a friend you trust, you could ask them to log in using your password....

Edited by fuzzbucket

I am going to stick to Chrome as I did have IE and hated it as well.Yes I did that as well and still nothing l do seems to help on this matter.

I do NOT want want to start a new scroll since I have been on here longer then you have and worked hard over the years on getting the adults I have now.

Not anyone local I don't have anyone to try that on with.

You haven't tried any of the help solutions offered - there isn't any more anyone - even TJ - can do here. He can't fix malware for you. You even have an IT support person here telling you the same things about what might very well sort ALL this for you.

I wasn't suggesting SWITCHING to another browser for ever. But if it works in iE you know a little more. And you CAN delete the cookies.That won't download anything. Go to clear data. And clear all your dc cookies.  You can also go into stored passwords and see if it has actually stored the wrong one.

And a friend wouldn't have to be local - as long as you trust them, you can email them what you believe is your password - just to see if they can log in. If they can - you have your answer for SURE..

You could even uninstall Chrome - make sure to agree to delete all your profiles etc within it, as it may be in there and you don't want them to stick around and infect your new installed version) and then do a clean download (sorry) and reinstall. But whatever it is will probably still be there waiting to bite again.

Good luck.

Edited by fuzzbucket

1 minute ago, fuzzbucket said:

But if it works in iE you know a little more.

@Jedi40

Before uninstalling and making sure that you delete everything from Chrome (even registry entries), I suggest trying out IE if that browser has similar issues that Chrome has. Keep in mind that IE will not be the forever browser, but to see if it is just Chrome... or is it your entire computer.

This is going to be now troubleshooting... if it is indeed just Chrome, then the issue will be much more easier to fix. If this does occur in IE as well, we will know that it isn't only in Chrome's own files, but somewhere else. Then it will be strongly recommended by me (again, as an IT support) to download something that actually helps you. Since you haven't "heard" of the two, do research instead then and look at reviews. Make your judgement then about downloading.

Refusing to download something just because you "have never heard of" is the... well... worst thing you can do to your computer.

You have been given a multitude of suggestions of things to try that have worked for others with similar problems. Most of them don't involve downloading anything. You often say "I have tried that" but you don't specify which "thats" you have actually tried. So I'm going to list some of the suggestions here for you to check:

1. Check that you don't have Cap Lock on.

2. Log out and log in.

3. Try entering the action instead of the password.

4. Check keyboard language setting.

5. Close and reopen browser.

6. Clear cache and history.

7. Check your saved password to be sure it wasn't accidently reset.

8. Reboot computer.

9. Type password into document or something and copy paste it into the action page.

10. Send a "forgot password" email to DC.

11. Change your password.

12. Delete cookies.

13. Try a different browser.

14.Try on a different computer.

If you have tried all of those, or at least all that you are willing to try and it still won't work I suggest that you update your malware/security programs and run new diagnostics on your machine.

Also, have you kept an eye on your scroll all this time to be sure that nothing is happening there you don't want to have happen, to be sure your account wasn't hacked?

You have repeatedly said that you didn't change your password since we got the "new system", and the most obvious "new system" we got in the last few years was on the forum only.

So I wonder if you're mixing up the forum and the cave.

--> Are you aware the cave and the forum have different passwords? Are you 100% sure you are entering the cave (scroll) password and not the forum password?

If you have forgotten your cave password and the "forgot password" feature does not work, then maybe you can tell someone trustworthy what your e-mail address is (the one you have in your DC account, again, not the forum if they are different), and that person can use the "forgot password" feature for you.

The password will still be sent to your e-mail address so the other person will never have access to your account.

On 11/12/2017 at 7:53 AM, Confused Cat said:

You have repeatedly said that you didn't change your password since we got the "new system", and the most obvious "new system" we got in the last few years was on the forum only.

So I wonder if you're mixing up the forum and the cave.

--> Are you aware the cave and the forum have different passwords? Are you 100% sure you are entering the cave (scroll) password and not the forum password?

If you have forgotten your cave password and the "forgot password" feature does not work, then maybe you can tell someone trustworthy what your e-mail address is (the one you have in your DC account, again, not the forum if they are different), and that person can use the "forgot password" feature for you.

The password will still be sent to your e-mail address so the other person will never have access to your account.

Doesn't explain the fact that the OP says they get a popup asking them to download stuff when they try a password reset. Sure - if they are entering the wrong password - as in forum password for scroll, entering the right one could help get them back in, but still... there is clearly malware in there somewhere, or there wouldn't be a demand for a download. As Moonlightelf says - we can hope it is just the browser. But if it isn't, the only way is a malware killer that isn't already on the machine - since whatever it is has got past whatever AV the OP is using.

I am surprised that a machine that sounds to be only about a year old apparently has no system restore.

Edited by fuzzbucket