Jedi40

Trouble removing egg

I have put in my password in the right way several times and yet it won't let me remove an egg I know longer want. Can someone help on this one as I know what my password is and as been for a long time.

I am getting 

VERIFICATION FAILED

The provided password does not match the one associated with your account.

Yet i know what my password is and I put it in the right way.

I have tired all of that and yet i still can't get the egg to remove 

Can you remove it if you change your settings to let you use actions by typing the action instead of a password?

I tried that as well yet I stall can not remove the egg I don't want.

Have you possibly accidentally set your keyboard to another language ? If I set mine to US or Canadian - I get very different things....

Also - try closing your browser and then opening it again, in case it has got itself stuck in a loop ?

Edited by fuzzbucket

20 minutes ago, fuzzbucket said:

Have you possibly accidentally set your keyboard to another language ? If I set mine to US or Canadian - I get very different things....

Also - try closing your browser and then opening it again, in case it has got itself stuck in a loop ?

Additionally, clear your cache and history?

ACTUALLY - here's a thought. ALL DAY my browser - when I go to abandon something - has been asking me which account I want to change my password for - flurp or <>.

Well, neither one, thanks. So I hit cancel, and the abandon went through.

In the end I got mad and said <>. It froze for a bit to think it over... :lol:

After which it started to behave.... So there may be some passwordy loop in the site ?

I tried that as well and it still say's there's noting wrong .Yet I still can't get rid of the egg I don't want any more.

Edited by Jedi40

Have you tried putting it in a teleport link and asking someone to pick it up?

Can you do any other password protected action ? Can you perhaps KILL it ???

If not - I just tested something - you COULD have accidentally re-set your password. In your browser can you see your stored passwords ? In firefox you can....

Edited by fuzzbucket

I use Chrome not firefox for my browser and I have not changed my password since the site was updated to where it is now. It does let me kill an egg just not remove it for some reason. Any ideas on this one?

Edited by Jedi40

I meant you could have changed it by accident. The thing that was glitching for me changed mine to one I had accidentally typed in wrong at one point. You can see them in Chrome, I just looked, but it is very hard work !

Can you do other password actions ? Can you kill it ?

11 minutes ago, Jedi40 said:

I use Chrome not firefox for my browser and I have not changed my password since the site was updated to where it is now. It does let me kill an egg just not remove it for some reason. Any ideas on this one?

There's no way it's a breed that's bound to your scroll for some reason, right? It's just a regular ol' dragon egg?

OOH is it the one you killed ?

Because it is only with abandoning that I have been getting this weird "which password do you want to change" message all day...

Edited by fuzzbucket

I never wanted to change it since the site was updated and it was working just fine till yesterday when I tried to remove the I just killed which was the one I wanted to get rid off but not this way. I have tried to abandon other  eggs and it still won't let me do it. 

In that case I suspect a glitch. The only action I got this strange warning for was abandon.... I will go test in Chrome. But I can't ACTUALLY abandon as I have nothing I want rid of - but still...

Not helping  me in this case when it comes to your explanation.

Nope - - but I did get a note "do you wish to update your password for this site." So I said no thanks. But it DIDN'T actually say it was wrong,. Even so... that's odd.

What I mean is that there does seem to be something about the abandon action that for me triggers a strange warning about passwords - which may be what is stopping you from actually abandoning. I can't actually test a REAL abandon , as I am locked with things I want to keep, so... When I can pick up something to junk, I will do.

So I am stuck with an egg I don't want till it hatches...right?

I've no idea. I thought you killed it anyway ? But I do think there is something wrong.

What if you change your settings to require the name of the action instead of your password ?