hedy

Omen Wyrm breeding plans

I agree with @Nathair, Omens seem to go best with muted colors.  They are hard to pair, because the lineage view is very "muddy" -- the colors and details blend together so it's a sort of muted purple-grey-blue impression, without a stark outline.  That's just the down side of having a very detailed, multi-colored sprite, with a diffuse flaming edge -- the close-up is awesome, the distant view is less clear.

That said, I think there are a few pairings here that look quite nice: Blue or Silver Lunar Herald, female Hellfire, female Spinel, Seragamma, Striped River, Waterwalker, Script, Kingcrowne, Lumina, White, female Tan Ridgewing, Azure Glacewing, Pink Zyumorph, Silver, Silver Shimmer, and female Moonstone.  Radiant Angel also goes well for Holiday x Holiday, as it's got soft colors and a lot of detail, as well. 

I think Striped River, (f) Hellfire, and Silver Lunar Herald might be my go-tos with these ones.  But that Seragamma looks so nice, I might want to check out other tan/brown-type combos, too!

Edited by Kelkelen

I think these guys look best with pastel teal/purple and silver dragons. So far my favorites to pair with them are Chrono, Striped River, and Silver Shimmer. I think I prefer the male Omen sprite, so I'll probably do most of my future checkers with them.

Edit: typo

Edited by The Dragoness

I'm eyeballing the Spriter Alt I've seen so far and trying to figure out what would go well in a lineage with that and with the regular.

Once I get my Sinomorph, I'm for sure doing that with my Omens. All those colorful Zyu babies from a muted caveborn line. @_@

Pretty pleased with Male Purple and Female Vine.

https://dragcave.net/progeny/YWFCG

https://dragcave.net/progeny/znMDK

Not a big fan of how it looks with my Male Sunset.

https://dragcave.net/progeny/AHkwL

Gonna keep working my way through a few more of my dragons and then try some of the ones from the thread. 

My friends and I haven't found these hard to pair per se. Just a little different. I like them with blues, especially the more muted ones, and any of the purple or violet hues, which tend to bring out the eldritch fire on the Omen. I like them with GoN, standard Nebula, Glacewing, silver Lunar Herald, male Silver... There are some holiday pairings I want to try, too. Other Halloweens aside, I think they might look nice with Solstice or Snow.

Edit: totally agree about female Moonstone too. One of my friends tried that. I didn't think it would work, but the look blew me away when I saw it in reality.

Edited by Lurhstaap

I think I like this combo: https://dragcave.net/lineage/ZZ9Xd

I also can see them go well with Chronos: https://dragcave.net/lineage/RkPPf

Desert Zyumorphs: https://dragcave.net/lineage/iSaOj

male Omen/female Hellfire Wyvern: https://dragcave.net/lineage/wAjau

Anyways, I think they're hard to match, mostly because they look best with more massive breeds and non Westerns.

Maybe l'll try a Desipis or Witshlight combo next Helloween, and maybe Aegis at christmas.

5a07bfa28882a_omenplans.png.bb37422b4417b9414a4d381256b130f5.png

Made this with a little MS Paint magic, my Thalassa isn't grown yet, but I really like how Omens look with Thalassas.

(This isn't really a "breeding plan" because of obvious reasons... but probably fits here best.)

I saw this dragon in a hatchery when it had just grown up and I'm so glad I randomly clicked it to look at the lineage. It's so pretty!  :wub:  I never thought I would like an "uneven" lineage so much.

silvershimmeraltomensuperlineage2.png

Trying one of my male Omens with all Fire Gem colors. I have yet to get the red Fire Gem need to him but, so far, I like the blue the best of the two.

I personally think the Omen Wyrms look best with Spirit Wards, Azure Glacewings and female Hellfire Wyverns. They also look pretty nice with silver and blue Lunar Heralds.

I received this baby in a trade about a month ago and I want to incorporate it into a checker with regular Omens and Thalassas. Since Omens are a Halloween Breed, and I received 32 of them (half being male :D), I am kinda planning to Breed several 2Gs during Halloween and keeping one from each batch for myself. I'll start Breeding 2G Thalassas about mid-2018. Not yet. Haha.

image.png.d85f96d868226352da3a5fbb135bf894.png

Bumping since we're closing in on Halloween and we've gotten a few new species to play with since discussion ended last time.

I'm planning on breeding mine with Thalassa, Lacula, and Black Truffles.

Could you perchance also dig up the other Halloweens' threads for the same reason? XD

I think I'll go with female Lacula, male Aria, female Script and male purple Floret. Ash only if I happen to stumble upon them on the AP :lol:

Considering golden Florets and Magis, too ... but there is only so little scroll space ...

Edited by Ruby Eyes

I really like them with Black Truffles and they're pretty good with Seragammas too! The mockups with Ashes looked great too, hopefully I'll find some on the AP. 

Some say they find Omens difficult to pair, but personally, I'm overwhelmed by the options—particularly because I've been absent from DC for a number of Halloweens, so instead of collecting all those beautiful lineages, I'll most likely spend this year trying to grab the CBs I'm missing. Anyway, next year I'm going for Nhiostrifes, female Hellfires and female Trihorns. Other notable contenders for me include Gaias, Silver Lunars, male Azures, Thalassas, Silvers, purple and blue Nebulae, female Moonstones, Luminae, Striped Rivers and Scripts, and that's just from browsing this thread. I won't torture myself by trying to come up with even more lovely options...

Oh, and Omens are absolutely gorgeous with Silver Shimmers, but that's an unattainable dream for me at the moment. Has anyone tried pairing them with Bronze Shimmers? I can imagine that'd look nice.

Edited by Aie

Oh, my Omen Wyrms are my babies, especially the females. I LOVE the female sprite. Options I'm considering this year include Boreal x Female Omen WyrmBoreal x Male Omen WyrmAeon Wyvern x Female Omen WyrmAeon x Male OmenMageia x Female OmenMale Omen x Female Silver (sigh, this one misgendered), male Silver x female Omen (no egg from this combo yet), Purple Nebby x Female OmenMale Gold x Female OmenMale Omen x DeepseaMale Omen x Guardian of NatureAsh x Female OmenMale Omen x Female Hellfire WyvernAether Wyvern x Female OmenMale Omen x Blue Gemshard.

I'm thinking of doing this pair just for the parent code combo: https://dragcave.net/lineage/cVUih 

But this one tempts me too: https://dragcave.net/lineage/gzZow

Others I'm considering but don't have examples of are Holly x Omen, male Antarean x female Omen, Azure Glacewing x male or female Omen, male Black Marrow x female Omen Wyrm, Black Truffle x male or female Omen, female Caligene x male Omen, Cavern Lurker x Omen, Celestial x Omen, Desipis x Omen, blue Fire Gem x Omen, purple or gold Floret x Omen, male blue Gemshard x female Omen, male Golden Wyvern x female Omen, male Omen x female Grave, male GoN x female Omen, Mistletoe x Omen, pacified Aegis x Omen, Snow x Omen, Khusa x female Omen, Kingcrowne x female Omen, Lacuna x Omen, Leodon x female Omen, male Omen x dark Lumina, Gold or Silver Lunar Herald x Female Omen, blue or bronze Lunar Herald x male Omen, Radiant Angel x Omen, Razorcrest x Omen, Script x female Omen, Shadow Walker x Omen, Sinomorph x female Omen, blue Siyat x male Omen, purple Siyat x female Omen, male Witchlight x female Omen, Chrono Xenowyrm x Omen, Pyro Xenowyrm x male Omen, aaaand blue or black Zyumorph x Omen

OBVIOUSLY I have some mind-making-up to do... >.> (I ADORE OMEN WYRMS CAN ANYONE TELL)

I really like the idea of Holly x Omen, for some reason, but I'm not sure if I'm actually gonna do it or not. I'm also attracted to Aeon Wyvern x Omen. I'm almost guaranteed to do one pair worth of those. 

Edited by Lurhstaap

Thanks to the Sunsong from the Val day event, i'm doing male Omen x female Mint breeding for the win :D

(that and it makes me giggle)

I'm not a big fan of Omens myself and don't plan to do anything with them, so if anyone's looking for the Omen offspring of a particular couple come breeding time (or any other time of the year, tbh), you can PM me. :) (totally free, obviously). I have 3 pairs (male + female). I know it's a little late already, but I thought I'd put the offer out there anyway ^^

I'm sorry if it's not the place where I should post this, but I thought this is where more people could be potentially interested ^^ 

I *think* I'll look out for pairings with female Scripts, female Aria, male purple Floret and male Lacula.

Though I might also check for pairings with April Fool's Mints XD