Minkerbell

** { Happily Ever After } || A Romantic Fairytale Lineage >> Featuring Nebulas | Carinas | Ridgewings << **

Update

I know this thread has been a little inactive lately, so here's a nice big update! 

1. Breeding Report! 

All original couples have been bred. It has been quite an uneventful week though. 

Once Upon + A Time - no egg

Happily + Ever After - gave an egg! 

Tale As Old + As Time - no egg (again :angry:

And They Lived + Happily Ever After - gave a (non alt) egg! 

2. New Original Couple 

You voted, so here they are! 

Purple_Ridgewing_male.gif    Nebula_blue_female.gif

[ T r u e  L o v e ] + [ N e v e r  F a i l s ]

Introducing our newest Original Couple. It was quite a close vote, but this color pairing prevailed at the last moment. 

The wait list for their offspring is now open! I did a test breeding last week and got a purple ridgewing offspring from them. I'll be breeding them again in 2 days. 

3. One more Original Couple? ie NEW POLL.

Since the runner-up Tan Ridgewing / Blue Nebula pairing was so popular, I decided to do a test breeding from a couple, and it turns out that they like each other. (They even gave a pretty carina offspring). 

Tan_Ridgewing_male.gif   Nebula_blue_female.gif

[ Song  As  Old ] + [ As  Rhyme ]

The big question is: Would you guys want them as another original couple? I'm thinking that 5 couples is already a large number, so I'm not sure if 6 would be overkill. However, I know many of you wanted this pairing. 

So, once again, I'll be starting a poll (I do seem to like these, don't I?). It'll be a short one that will just run for a week. Would love to hear some input and opinions from you lovely people! 

4. Introducing the Tavern - a trading / adoption / breeding section! 

I've started a whole new section that I'm actually quite excited about. The Tavern is created to help us help each other in the creation of our individual lineages. Here's some quick information about how it's supposed to work. 

Trade Request / Mate Exchange 

Ever picked up a nebula egg when you really wanted a ridgewing instead? Need a blood swap but don't really want to raise new cave borns from scratch? You can use the forms from this section and post it in this thread. Hopefully we'll be able to help each other out with this, especially for those who are going for even-gen lineages. 

Eggs for Adoption 

For the generous at heart! If you have a nebula / ridgewing / carina egg (or even a hatchie) that you don't need, maybe someone here would love to adopt it. 

Happily Ever After Kin Breeding List

This is basically a list of breeding pairs that will produce offspring unrelated to the Original Couples. This means that you can safely use them as mates without worrying about in-breeding. Perfect for blood swaps as well. I've got some of my own couples listed, and will be working at listing more. 

=====================

Right, that's it for this week! Let me know if you guys have any thoughts / concerns. 

Edited by MinkishMinx

I have a new Fairy Tale Couple! 

Forum Name: ElAburrido 

Link to Scroll: https://dragcave.net/user/ElAburrido

Name of Couple : Aldebaran of the House of Black + Flora of the House of Carrow

Lineage of Male : https://dragcave.net/lineage/R19jf

Lineage of Female : https://dragcave.net/lineage/2vVT8

Will you breed them for others? : Yes

--

Would you like interested people to PM breeding requests to you? I don't mind

Edited by ElAburrido

Forum Name: Ariento
Link to Scroll: Ariento

Name of Couple : Emperor Terryn of Harenia and Empress Ayleth of Mirater

Lineage of Male : Link
Lineage of Female : Link

========================

Short Profile / Story of your couple : Although all was peaceful after Queen Ryia took the throne, the kingdom of Mirater had very little military. The Queen's attempts to produce one had very little success, and she looked to form an alliance with a stronger neighbor. The powerful neighboring empire of Harenia was ruled by the young (and single) Emperor Terryn. Princess Ayleth, the eldest daughter of Ryia and Marek, agreed to marry him in order to secure an alliance. Initially, the marriage was purely political. But as time passed, Ayleth and Terryn grew to genuinely love each other.

World that your couple lives in : The empire of Harenia. If someone wants to come up with a neighboring kingdom, that would be really cool and I'd love to discuss it!

I would like to become a breeder!

Forum Name: Ariento
Link to Scroll: Ariento 

Names of Breeding Pair : Emperor Terryn of Harenia and Empress Ayleth of Mirater
Lineage of Male : Link
Lineage of Female : Link

What generation is your couple? : CB x 3g (staircase)

Would you like interested people to PM breeding requests to you? : No, just post it the thread, I check it regularly.

=====================

Additional Rules / Requests / Information for people interested in carrying on your bloodline: 
- I'm breeding a carina for myself first. I won't take requests for specific colors/breeds unless the waitlist is long enough.
- All offspring of this pair are Princes or Princesses unless they abdicate the position. They cannot be Kings, Queens, 
Emperors, or Empresses, unless they obtain the title by marrying royalty from another kingdom.
- Feel free to have their mate be a commoner or from another kingdom. If you want the mate to hold a high position in Harenia (not including getting one via marriage to Terryn's bloodline) please ask me first (I'll probably say yes, I just want to be able to keep track of these things :3)

======================

Short Profile / Story of your couple : Although all was peaceful after Queen Ryia took the throne, the kingdom of Mirater had very little military. The Queen's attempts to produce one had very little success, and she looked to form an alliance with a stronger neighbor. The powerful neighboring empire of Harenia was ruled by the young (and single) Emperor Terryn. Princess Ayleth, the eldest daughter of Ryia and Marek, agreed to marry him in order to secure an alliance. Initially, the marriage was purely political. But as time passed, Ayleth and Terryn grew to genuinely love each other.

World that your couple lives in : The empire of Harenia. If someone wants to come up with a neighboring kingdom, that would be really cool and I'd love to discuss it!

@ElAburrido - I've added your couple to the Bloodline list! 

Since you've indicated your interest in becoming a breeder, could you answer these couple of questions (from the breeder's form):  

* Would you like interested people to PM breeding requests to you? : 

* Additional Rules / Requests / Information for people interested in carrying on your bloodline:  (leave blank if there aren't any) 
For eg: (these are just examples, feel free to come up with your own!) This particular blood line must only consist of Nebulas. Only stair steps are allowed. This bloodline must all have a certain title (all Princes), or a certain title isn't allowed (for eg there can only be one Emperor / King.) This bloodline has an alliance with ** Another bloodline **. Children are allowed to breed with each other (to form an even gen kind of lineage) instead of seeking a new CB mate. 

Short Profile / Story of your couple : (optional) 
World that your couple lives in : (optional) 
Link to story / more detailed bio: (optional) 

I just need to know how you'd like interested people to contact you and whether you have any additional rules / requests before I add your couple to the breeding list. (: 

@Ariento

Yay, another lovely couple. (: I like their story! I've added them to both the breeding list and the bloodline list. 

Trade Request / Adoption 

What I have: 

user posted image  - CB Nebula Egg

user posted image - CB Purple Nebula

What I'm looking for: 

user posted image - CB Purple Ridgewing (esp females) 

2G Carina (from any named parents) 

** Willing to trade both of mine for one of yours.
Or PM me if you need one of these for as a mate for your Happily Ever After mate, and I'd be glad to pass it on to you. 

================================

1. Breeding Report! 

I only bred the couples with people on their wait list this week because my scroll is a little crowded. 

Once Upon + A Time - gave an egg! 

Tale As Old + As Time - no egg (again :angry:

I'm starting to despair in Tale As Old + As Time. :ph34r:

=================================

The poll will be closed by the end of today! 

Edited by MinkishMinx

I'd like to join! I've been itching for a new lineage project, but haven't had inspiration strike for something to do on my own and then I found this place!

I'm ready to begin my fairy tale!

Please add me to the Waiting List from an Original Couple

Forum Name: Lucille
Link to Scroll: https://dragcave.net/user/snowqueen
Preferred Breeding Pair: [ T r u e  L o v e ] + [ N e v e r  F a i l s ]

@Lucille Thanks for joining us! (: I've added you to the list. I'll be breeding them in 2 days, so hopefully I'll have something pretty for you by then. (: 

Yay! I'm very excited! I have plans for whatever egg comes out, though I think a Carina or Purple Ridgewing are highest on the list. I wanted to make sure I picked one that whatever the outcome I'd be happy with it, ya know? :D

Link to Scroll: Scroll

Name of Couple : Acamar of the House of Black/Euphemia of the House of Zabini
Lineage of Male : Lineage of Acamar Black
Lineage of Female : Lineage of Euphemia Zabini

Names of Breeding Pair : Acamar of the House of Black/Euphemia of the House of Zabini
Lineage of Male : Lineage of Acamar Black
Lineage of Female : Lineage of Euphemia Zabini

What generation is your couple? : 3G/CB

Would you like interested people to PM breeding requests to you? : Yes

@Lucille - I get you! I got a pretty little purple ridgewing from them, hopefully they'll next breed a Carina or a Nebula for you. I'll be breeding them tomorrow. (:  

@ElAburrido - What a lovely new couple! I love their names. I've added them to the Bloodlines list as well as the Breeding list. Thanks! 

Purple_Ridgewing_female.gif Carina_male.png

Forum Name:  MinkishMinx
Name of Couple : Count Antoine and Queen Risyn 
Lineage of Male : 2nd Gen Carina
Lineage of Female : 2nd Gen Purple Ridgewing from [ And They Lived ] + [ Happily Ever After ]

World that your couple lives in : Xynne (Rizolon) 

========================

Another work in progress. They live in the same world as my other HPE couple - King Ravion and Lady Nexyn

Last Updated: 8 Dec 2017 

Description of World: 

Xynne (pronounced "Sin")  is a world that consists of five continents - Azetha, Atelan, Xyriae, Rizolon and Isaxus. Each continent has its own Kingdom and is separated from the others by the Ageless Sea. The main races are the Nebulae, the Ridge and a rare group of individuals with magic powers - the Carinae.   

Rizolon is the main capital of Xynne, due to its geographical position that puts it at the heart of the realm. Despite being smaller than Azetha, it is a much more developed realm and has a more complex political system. The city is run by The Crown and The Golden Court, with an impartial group called The Advisors, who served to moderate both parties. The Crown is descended from the royal bloodline whereas The Golden Court comprises of the city's richest and most influential ministers. The people are loyal to the Crown, but the armies and merchants report to The Golden Court. The two ruling parties have achieved a fragile peace over the years, but in the recent decade, the instability due to the building conflicts of interest has been the cause of worry. Thus, The Advisors proposed the best union they could think of to create a rock solid alliance - marriage. 

Short Bio of Couple 

Count Antoine

Count Antoine is the reigning leader of The Golden Court. Voted in due to his wealth and influence, the finances of Rizolon have flourished under his rule. He is confident to the point of arrogance and is used to answering to no one. This had never been an issue because despite his young age, his shrewd and deathly accurate sense of judgement ensured that no one in his court ever dared doubt him. Antoine had always maintained a cordial and distant relationship with The Crown because he understood the need to maintain peace amongst the common folk. After all, if the working class was unhappy, there would be uprisings and that just wouldn't benefit the economy he had carefully nurtured to be so profitable to him. 

Despite his practical nature, Antoine wasn't a heartless man. He used a sizeable portion of his personal fortune to open orphanages and shelters for the poor. However, this wasn't publicized because he saw no need for anyone to realize that he wasn't as cold and unyielding as the gold in his vault. 

As a Carinae, Antoine had always been very secretive about his gift. He revealed this to no one, and no one ever dared to question the Count. It was widely speculated that he had the gift of Foresight - which was why his predictions about the economy were always so good. In truth, Antoine's gift had yet to manifest - not that he was ever going to let anyone find out. With determination as sharp and unyielding as steel, he turned what could have been a weakness into a strength. He used that as a driving force to perfect himself in every way so that he never found the need to miss the magic that he lacked.  

Queen Risyn 

The young queen had just come to power after the passing of her parents. Back in her youth and childhood, when she was the crown princess, Risyn spent most of her time mingling with her people. She believed that the heart of Rizolon lied in her people, and because she loved her homeland, she found a deeply rooted need to love her people as though they were her family. As a result, the pure and sweet-natured girl won the love and undying devotion of her people from a young age. 

Her naivete was soon realized by the cunning merchants though, and they plotted to take advantage of this. Unbeknownst to The Royal Court, there was a secret plan hatched to kidnap her. They knew that the ransom of such a capture would be great since it would be the mission of not just the King and Queen, but the entire townsfolk, to get their princess back. It was by chance that Count Antoine found out about this scheme through his extensive network of communicants. He led his personal guards to foil the kidnap but in the scuffle, a stray arrow flew in the direction of Risyn. It would have pierced her heart if not for her mother's quick reflexes. She jumped in and took the arrow for her child. The blow was fatal, and due to heartbreak, Risyn's father, the King, grew ill. He soon passed, not one week after the death of his beloved wife. 

Risyn blamed herself for the death of her parents. However, she knew that it was in this times of tragedy that her people needed her most. The sweet, young girl was forced to grow up and shed her innocence for the weight of the Crown. 

Their Love Story

Before their political marriage, Risyn and Antoine had met, but never really had cause to have a conversation. To be honest, Risyn was intimidated by the Count with eyes the shade and temperature of icicles. However, she was determined to do right by her people and proposed to Antoine that before their wedding day, they would go on a series of dates. One date for every night leading up the wedding. 

Antoine was inclined to disagree; after all, the frivolity of dating, romance, or in fact, any form of social contact was not something that he thought was worth his time. However, there was something about the raw tenacity and lack of guile in his future bride that made him agree to the plan. And once Antoine agreed to something, he would never renege on it. 

Initially, their dates were disastrous. Antoine completely forgot about the first date and arrived hours after the picnic Risyn had painstakingly prepared had gone cold. For the Count and Queen, it seemed as though "date" was soon to be synonymous with "quarrel" or "cold war" because each day ended with Antoine rolling his eyes and sitting in a stone cold silence while Risyn raged about her "impossible, rude, and utterly impossible" fiance to anyone who would listen.  Soon, there were whispers of fear and concern. Would this marriage achieve its goal of creating peace or would it actually spark off the war that had been brewing under the surface for decades? 

-- to be contined --  

Edited by MinkishMinx

Breeding Report! 

Bred the remaining two official couples today. 

True Love + Never Fails - gave a Carina 

Song As Old + As Rhyme - gave a Tan Ridgewing egg! 

The Carina has been passed to Lucille. The tan ridgewing is available for adoption. Just PM me if you'd like to claim it. 

Edited by MinkishMinx

Link to Scroll: ElAburrido

Name of Couple : Achernar of the House of Black/Adelaide of the House of Southe
Lineage of Male : Achernar Black
Lineage of Female : Adelaide Southe

========================

Short Profile / Story of your couple : (optional)

World that your couple lives in : (optional)

Link to story / more detailed bio: (optional)  

Link to Scroll: ElAburrido

Names of Breeding Pair : Achernar of the House of Black/Adelaide of the House of Southe
Lineage of Male : Achernar Black
Lineage of Female : Adelaide Southe

What generation is your couple? : 4G

Would you like interested people to PM breeding requests to you? : I don't mind

@ElAburrido - The House of Black's family line is turning out to be really stunning! I've added your latest couple to the list of Bloodlines and also the Breeding List. Thanks! (: 

oh my god I'm so head over heels for this lineage ;__; I haven't been on since 2013 so I'm a bit rusty!  lemme know if I did anything wrong <3

[b][color=#cc6699]I'm ready to begin my fairy tale![/color][/b]

[b]Please add me to the Waiting List from an Original Couple[/b]

Forum Name: Leilani
Link to Scroll: Right here!
Preferred Breeding Pair: [ T r u e  L o v e ] + [ N e v e r  F a i l s ]
Edited by Leilani

On 12/18/2017 at 4:24 PM, Leilani said:

oh my god I'm so head over heels for this lineage ;__; I haven't been on since 2013 so I'm a bit rusty!  lemme know if I did anything wrong <3

Forum Name: Leilani
Link to Scroll: Right here!
Preferred Breeding Pair: [ T r u e  L o v e ] + [ N e v e r  F a i l s ]

Whoops! Got too caught up with holiday breeding and forgot to respond to this. I've added you to the wait list! (: 

Forum Name:  MinkishMinx
Link to Scroll: MinkishMinx
Name of Couple :  King Odysseus and Queen Penelope the Faithful
Lineage of Male : King Odysseus
Lineage of Female : Queen Penelope
Will you breed them for others? : Not at the moment

I wanted a couple based on an actual romantic pair, so I decided to go with Odysseus and Penelope! 

By the by, Happy New Year, everyone! (: 

Forum Name: pretty_thumb
Link to Scroll: https://dragcave.net/user/QueenErica
Preferred Breeding Pair: [Tale as Old] + [As Time]

Just a quick update since it's been a while since we had any. :P

First of all, here's a new graphic for this project: 

button.jpg

It's about time that it had a proper one instead of those huge montrosities I created way back when this project first started. 

Second, this is a quick gentle reminder to name your babies! I can see from the progeny of the Original Pairs that some Happily Ever After offspring don't have names yet. It's part of the rules to name your babies, so please make sure you do so.

On the same note, a big thank you to those who have played along with the story-telling nature of this project and gave your couples such lovely names and stories! (: