angelicdragonpuppy

Custom Sort Misbehavior

This happened once a month ago, and I chalked it up to a weird fluke, but as it just happened again I'm posting about it.

I sort all the sprites on my scroll together, but both before and today when I went in to move something, I noticed that my dragons had been very precisely, almost systematically, intermingled with each other. It didn't happen all over, just in a small span affecting about 40 dragons. 

Today's weirdness; the order I had them in was male electric / female electric / turpentine / male black stripe / female black stripe / female caligene / male caligene, but as you can see, things got weird. I selected a handful of the moved dragons just to show how systematic the glitch is.

Rtrtrdrtdrtdrt by AngelicDragonPuppy

Last month's weirdness; red lines show things that were moved, again very precisely.

Untitled by AngelicDragonPuppy

Also worth noting, but when I tried to move things back using custom sort just now, I keep getting 502 bad gateway errors. I was able to sort things at the top of my scroll just fine an hour or so ago, though.

I am also getting BAD GATEWAY every time I try to save the grid sort. I've notified TJ.

I am getting "502 Bad Gateway" when I table custom sort.

Custom sort is working again, but more of my dragons have started doing the weird intermingling thing! :( Can a mod please ask TJ to look into this? 

This happened to me too - I noticed it at the end of my scroll when my Deadlinefodders and my Descripdoom rainbow dragons started intermingling like that. I could correct it but I have't thoroughly checked if it has happened anywhere else.

I use alt custom sort - the grid option - and it SEEMS not to have done any damage...

@Fuzz the one with tiles, right? That's what I use and still the trouble. :( The only other one I use is the one where you drag the whole images around your scroll, but I haven't used that since the last release.

@lorimmel said she's having the same issue as we are, Herk. Guiltily glad I'm not alone! XD

I don't want to try if it's still happening now, but I had the same issue a couple of days ago when I moved a larger group of dragons around. That was when the site was still lagging terribly from the Halloween madness and custom sort was giving Bad Gateways all the time. Refreshing the Bad Gateway page (and confirming to send the data again) moved some of the affected dragons into the right place, so by refreshing about ten times, I got my dragons moved completely. XD Still, it would be nice if this is resolved, because I was really afraid that I would have to select and move all of the scattered dragons individually (and they were quite many, namely all of my Halloweens).

Just for the record: I was using table custom sort. Yes, I was getting Bad Gateways too, and I will never again attempt sorting my stuff during an event.

Just happened again. Intermingled all my Golds within each other in the wrong way, so I didn't notice. I just thought the ones at the top were all oddly on cooldown! :( 

I just re-sorted some misplaced dragons using grid custom sort, and it seems to have saved correctly.

I am getting the Bad Gateways again... I didn't have any problems sorting my dragons since Halloween, but now they are intermingling again... >__< I was not even moving a larger group, but only trying to sort a handful of freshly grown up dragons into their proper places. Now the top of my scroll is a mess. Funnily, one of them (DREAMER D1-4) even moved up instead of down?! Originally, all the males (DREAMER D1-4 to Lumex Roseknight) were coming directly after Holy Moth and all the females (Aboriginal Moon to DREAMER W1-1) were coming directly after DREAMER W2-1.

Screenshot.thumb.png.a08a32459417f876d49b6556318325b8.png

(The red ones are those I was trying to move)

Edit: Attempted again to move three eggs a couple of slots and was getting another Bad Gateway. They did sort, however, but I did only move them two slots or so. This is extremely annoying.

Edited by Imago

Just to add - I have one dragon  mis-sorted and wanted to correct his position. I'm getting a 502 Bad Gateway on Grid Custom and I couldn't save on Manual Custom :(

I'm getting 502 Bad Gateway on Manual Custom Sort. Apparently it did save my changes though.

It did not change the "Place Eggs and Unfrozen Hatchlings on top" option, so I guess the problem occurs between saving the new dragon sorting numbers and resetting that option?

(Normally the check mark is always automatically removed when I make changes to the sort order so I have to re-check the option every time. I wouldn't mind if that behaviour stopped, but I guess it's not intentional right now.)

Ouch. I was going to sort but I've gone right off it.

Has this happened to anyone who wasn't actually sorting at the time - as in spontaneously ?

Edited by Fuzzbucket

I've just tried it on grid custom sort (without saving), sorted automatically by color (because I assume that's what you did). I didn't see a single case of intermingling unless both dimorphic sprites of a breed were assigned the same value. In this case, males and females were intermingled, sorted by age (not the one of A, one of B, rinse and repeat as shown in the OP).

@olympe: Not sure if you meant me, but I didn't choose any automatic sorting options (not even "Place eggs/hatchlings on top"). I manually dragged my things around in Grid Custom Sort. Anyway, the intermingling only occurs when a Bad Gateway is thrown after saving the custom sort, so if you don't save it, you cannot reproduce our problem anyway. :)

Okay, then I clearly got something wrong. Ignore me. ;)

1 hour ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Ouch. I was going to sort but I've gone right off it.

Has this happened to anyone who wasn't actually sorting at the time - as in spontaneously ?

Where does the intermingling happen? Just with the dragons you are trying to move, or somewhere else on your scroll? Because I just found my purple Nebs all mixed up. I haven't sorted them lately, although I did add one a few days ago. Thing is with all these dragons it is hard to tell when it happened because I don't see all of them every day. I never got the bad gateway message. As far as I looked, everything else seems okay.

I see I am not alone in having a problem with Custom Sort.

I too am getting the bad Gateway error. However, it seems if I only want to move something a few places, it does move. However, if I want to move it any distance then it won't move it at all. It just leaves it where it was.

I'm also having the "502 Bad Gateway" message. I was able to sort my red zyu to it's place but the pink hatchling decided to start wonder around my scroll. Luckily I was able to get it back to the top of my scroll. Other things have not wondered with the pink hatchling. 

Plus in my opinion the whole site is much slower than it used to be. It took ages to just name and to move from one page to the next in scroll. (I did get the bad gateway message when naming) However in cave and in the biomes there's no similar problem.

Also getting "502 Bad Gateway" when trying to save my sorting. Happy I see others have it too, so it should be a fixable bug^^