Predat0rs

ANSWERED:Xenowyrm Past CB Halloween Biome Breeding Fog Ball Glitch

I named this thread as best as I could. XD

I bred this (which was Auto-Abandoned) and it glitched. It was bred as a Fog Ball, and has remained one since.

image.pngimage.png.5ed46764ec799160e5d3b732be36ccde.png

For additional reference, I bred other Xenowyrms from past CB Halloweens born this year from the Halloween Biome, and they're normal eggs:
https://dragcave.net/progeny/ZHK4S
https://dragcave.net/progeny/zFF9q

https://dragcave.net/progeny/JhwXI

https://dragcave.net/progeny/s0fOh

Edit, I did another breeding FROM THE "SAME" COUPLING and this time a Chrono egg was produced:

image.png.e0f427deed8fbf816d711822fa2dc20d.png

SO - I am guessing the Xenowyrm that's a Fog Ball isn't a Chrono Xenowyrm like the parent, but the mechanic didn't know what Biome to consider the new Cavern Lurker as (since it's "Cave" but from a "Biome").

Ruby Eyes pointed that out, and I think she may be right.

Edited by Metal-n-Monster

I tried this just for fun with a new CB Marrow, CB Caligene, and a couple Thalassas. Got a Thalassa from the Marrow but a fog ball from the Caligene. I think the Cave/Biome theory makes sense, although I am amused that this happened in the year we get some sort of glitch dragon.

fogball.png

The same thing happens with coppers. I can link a picture if needed

Are you guys breeding dragons acquired a couple years ago or are these SW and Cals that grew up this year?

2 minutes ago, boscodelta said:

Are you guys breeding dragons acquired a couple years ago or are these SW and Cals that grew up this year?

My Shadow Walker grew up this year, copper did too. :) 

I'm surprised by the Copper, because I thought they could breed successfully with cave biome dragons.

Wiki says: If the mother has no biome (bred dragon) or was caught BEFORE the biomes were added (June 10, 2011), it will be the color of the Copper father.

Of course, in this case the dragon was not caught in that time frame, but I thought it was the fact that they were from the "cave" that influenced what the results were.

54 minutes ago, boscodelta said:

All of my Halloweens are CBs from this year.

6 hours ago, purplehaze said:

I'm surprised by the Copper, because I thought they could breed successfully with cave biome dragons.

I'm thinking that maybe the "Cave" on the returned CB Halloweens is actually just a "display name" for the biome, while the underlying biome id probably refers to the new Halloween biome.

I could imagine that it's tied to the numbers in the biome's URL, e.g. Coast is 1, Desert is 2 etc. The old pre-biome location named "Cave" would probably be 0 (zero), but the new Halloween biome was numbered 7. And now the Copper and Xeno breeding mechanism doesn't know how to deal with dragons from biome "7".

It looks like it straightened itself out now. No one seems to be able to breed any more Fogballs. I do have one on my Scroll and I am now curious as to what happens when it grows up. We only have one other Fogball and that was Missingno ages ago. The site has improved since then and I ran a couple of tests on it. It's basically everything a normal egg can do and I even fogged and unfogged it, still a Fogball. I honestly want it to stay for a while just long enough to see what happens when it does grow up fully

Aw I'm disappointed I learned of this too late. Well, guess some people will find some nice 2nd gen Xenos and Coppers in the AP, but no luck for me.

Edit, actually searched out the Xeno egg from the first post- that's appearing as normal now, but the Copper breeding eggs still aren't. I wish I had more CBs from this year so I could have tested a male copper pairing.

(I would have wanted a 'missingno' so badly. Though the act of hiding is more like the glitch mon Q/Charizard 'M).

Edited by Dragon_Arbock

I really wanted my own fogball too but no luck :P the Copper version will probably be fixed soon too

24 minutes ago, Mangrit said:

I really wanted my own fogball too but no luck :P the Copper version will probably be fixed soon too

Fogball auto-abandoned for me... If it is fixed, someone's going to be happy with a copper... lol 

Please don't fix the coppers just yet, I really want to see this through just to see what happens and I really want to keep my Fogball even if all others are fixed

Maybe next halloween someone should do a "Fogball" dragon! I'd love to see what happens to them! 

Coppers seem to be breeding normally now.